Marv is God!

Frez

Bills | Team interested in M. Turner

Fri, 30 Mar 2007 07:30:43 -0700

Mike Sullivan, of the North County Times, reports the Buffalo Bills are interested in acquiring San Diego Chargers restricted free agent RB Michael Turner. :blink::lol::blink:

With all things being equal with Tennessee, Green Bay and even Atlanta, I do believe Marv has the inside track for Turner because of his past relationship with AJ. Now if one of these teams bows up and pays top premium then we'll be out. Although I don't want us to overpay for Turner I would still love to have him on our team this year.

As I'm thinking about the Turner sweepstakes, would it be a plus if Tennessee does land up with RB Chris Brown and their need starts to wane for Turner? One other note, if that were to be the case, I think we may have the earlier pick in each round vs Green Bay. The Falcons, I think, could be the team that poses the most trouble for us. They have alot of first day picks and earlier than ours.

Swapping firsts would be awful. Turner is a 25 year old back, besides according to draft charts sd would have to give us half their draft just to move up from 30 to 12. The 30th pick being of 620 points 12th being 1200.

The chargers would realisticaly have to give us their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rd pick and they would still wouldn't equal the value of of the 12th pick. Turner is already 25 years old realisticaly you're getting a back who may or may not be good a career high of 80 carries in a season is hardly sufficent evidence, someone who's shown nill as a receiver, and according to a pre draft bio his vision isn't all that good. I'd sit at 12 draft someone else and force sd's hand and look elsewhere. SD may think they can set the market for turner but Id much rather let the market determine his value then overspend on someone who just may be a good backup rb.

THIS IS A TERRIBLE MOVE! WE ARE GIVING UP TOO MUCH FOR HIM! He's still unporven as a starter and we have bigger problems to worry about on the defense. If this is a terrible trade.

How much exactly are we giving up for him? :blink:

Swapping firsts would be awful. Turner is a 25 year old back, besides according to draft charts sd would have to give us half their draft just to move up from 30 to 12. The 30th pick being of 620 points 12th being 1200.

The chargers would realisticaly have to give us their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rd pick and they would still wouldn't equal the value of of the 12th pick. Turner is already 25 years old realisticaly you're getting a back who may or may not be good a career high of 80 carries in a season is hardly sufficent evidence, someone who's shown nill as a receiver, and according to a pre draft bio his vision isn't all that good. I'd sit at 12 draft someone else and force sd's hand and look elsewhere. SD may think they can set the market for turner but Id much rather let the market determine his value then overspend on someone who just may be a good backup rb.

Seriously... Great post. I usually like to add but this was as well said as you can say it.

Kudos.

The Real

THIS IS A TERRIBLE MOVE! WE ARE GIVING UP TOO MUCH FOR HIM! He's still unporven as a starter and we have bigger problems to worry about on the defense. If this is a terrible trade.

Let us all know what the Bills are giving up for him as I think we'd be curious to find out. :blink:

As for the "unproven starter" comment, how "proven" is Patrick Willis (or any other potential draft pick) as a starter in the NFL? Tuner has proven more in the NFL than anybody in the draft. If the Bills can get Turner and hold onto the 12 spot I'd be ecstatic.

Let us all know what the Bills are giving up for him as I think we'd be curious to find out. :blink:

As for the "unproven starter" comment, how "proven" is Patrick Willis (or any other potential draft pick) as a starter in the NFL? Tuner has proven more in the NFL than anybody in the draft. If the Bills can get Turner and hold onto the 12 spot I'd be ecstatic.

Unless it's a trade for Turner the Bills would have to give up 1st and 3rd round picks in this years draft to sign him.

Awful idea, he's unproven and has never carried the ball for a full season.

My level of disgust would multiply by 50 if the Bills give up a 1st and 3rd for him.

Bills | Team interested in M. Turner

Fri, 30 Mar 2007 07:30:43 -0700

Mike Sullivan, of the North County Times, reports the Buffalo Bills are interested in acquiring San Diego Chargers restricted free agent RB Michael Turner. :blink::lol::blink:

This would be a horrendously stupid move.

Remember LaMont Jordan, famed backup of Curtis Martin?

What happened to him when he had to carry the running load for a team?

jack squat

They're all unproven starters but why give up 2 draft picks (1st and 3rd) for an unproven starter when you can just draft an unproven who is younger and naturally has more upside.

I am completely against the aquisition of Turner, the situation reeks of Lamont Jordan.

They're all unproven starters but why give up 2 draft picks (1st and 3rd) for an unproven starter when you can just draft an unproven who is younger and naturally has more upside.

I am completely against the aquisition of Turner, the situation reeks of Lamont Jordan.

AJ already said, very clearly, that he would accept less for Turner. So, we don't have to keep bringing up the 1st and 3rd price tag.

I'll put some trust in our scouting department and let them decide what Turner is worth. I have watched Turner a few games and that man is explosive when he runs. He's very hard to bring down and seems to be very quick on his feet for a big man. Let's just kick back and see what happens. He's 25 yes, but he don't have many miles on him yet.

Exactly.

Nice post.

RTB

What's wrong with being 25 and having 3 years experience already? You guys just want the hype of drafting a first round RB, is that it with no experience.

What if Turner is a classy guy and is a workout warrior? Would that change anyone's mind? Last time I checked...............25 years old is perfect for the NFL.

I think Buffalo is forcing the hand by waiting it out for Turner. To me the longer they wait the less they will have to give for Turner. Marv won't give the house up for Turner, you can bet on that.

Agreed...And when the Market seems to be a 3rd Rd. Pick and something for proven NFL Backs (ie Jones, McGahee...), I just don't see why anyone would give up more for a back-up...no matter how good He may be...Turner may very well be much better that the other backs who have been Traded this Off Season...But the Market is the Market...Furthermore... I can't see why A.J. would even consider Trading Turner for anything less than a windfall...After all He has a Team that just about everyone agrees is a legit Super Bowl Contender...Granted Turner will be gone after 2007, but if the Chargers Win the Ring it won't matter much by then...On the other hand if they Trade Turner and Tomlinson goes down for a few weeks...You get the drift...

If I were Marv I would certainly not offer anything more than I got for McGahee...And the 3rd next Year would be conditional as well...Just My opinion though... :blink: