Best Free Agents left???

While Im a fan of rebulding through the draft I would like to see us make a play for at least a couple FA. so who are some possible impact players or at least guys who can contribute out there, here are few IMO:

1. Antonio Bryant - - headcase - can he turn it around? would he be alright with being the #2 option to Lee Evans

2. LaVaar Arrington the former #2 overall pick is intriguing

3. Chris Brown or Dominick (Davis) Williams: we need depth at RB

4. Tim Rattay capable back up IMO

5. Randall Gay CB would he suit the cover 2?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While Im a fan of rebulding through the draft I would like to see us make a play for at least a couple FA. so who are some possible impact players or at least guys who can contribute out there, here are few IMO:

1. Antonio Bryant - - headcase - can he turn it around? would he be alright with being the #2 option to Lee Evans

2. LaVaar Arrington the former #2 overall pick is intriguing

3. Chris Brown or Dominick (Davis) Williams: we need depth at RB

4. Tim Rattay capable back up IMO

5. Randall Gay CB would he suit the cover 2?

Bryant is a headcase but i am surprised no one has picked him up, i forgot he was out there.

Lavars career seems to be done if we take him we might as well of kept spikes, hes going to be expensive

Chris Brown, marv has alradey said not right now with him they have other plans, Domanick WIlliams or davis would be nice as heck if hes healthy.

Rattay will be to expensive for a 3rd and thats what we need.

And i would like to have Randall Gay hes got potential.

I think the word you're looking for is awful.

I agree that Lavar's time has passed.

I really like Bryant a lot, but unfortunately based on his actions in 3 previous stops, there's no way our front office brings him in here. He'll probably be too expensive as well.

What about David Carr??? The main drawback is that he'd probably cost too much and that would be a large chunk of $ tied up in one position.

I would like to see Marv & co trade for M Turner, but only if it's for a 3rd and we're able to sign him to an extension.

The Bills have been as active during the FA period as anyone. They've already acquired four new players via FA or trade who are expected to start and/or significantly contribute. I simply don't understand the impatience of fans who want to see the roster "completed" before we've even reached the draft.

The Bills have been as active during the FA period as anyone. They've already acquired four new players via FA or trade who are expected to start and/or significantly contribute. I simply don't understand the impatience of fans who want to see the roster "completed" before we've even reached the draft.

I think many people complain because this team is thin at several positions. If you take an objective look, there are multiple positions that have absolutely no depth and an injury would mean catastrophy. As important as the draft is, you cannot fill your team with drafting. It's common knowledge that RB, LB, DT, CB, S depth, a #2 WR, and TE could use upgrades. That's more than most teams have. Reasonable free agent acquisitions at LB or CB would have gone a long way to providing more security. The front office for their own reasons decided against this.

The perceived impatience with a lack of free agent/trade acquisitions should not be confused by fans who understand just how short we are on talent at certain positions. Knowing the draft will provide 2-3 players maximum per year is a big part of that as well.

Buffalo did acquire 4 players in free agency, which is more than some teams did, but we certainly have more needs.

Don't forget Edgerton Hartwell, he's a FA now.

No way. He was horrible with the Falcons.

Another reason why Ray Lewis makes everyone look better.

He was overated coming into FA a couple years back and his production with Atlanta proved that.

Another reason why I'm not scared of Adalius Thomas at all.

Agreed it drives me nuts. I know Packer fans that are climbing walls right now.

Its stupid. Just because your team isn't making blockbuster moves or moves at all doesn't mean that there going to suck. The draft is the most important of them all as far as building a team.

I like Edge Hartwell but i don't see him fitting the cover 2 defense. Any other names out there guys, lets think of some good fits here.

He won't fit into any other defense.

He is going to be a career backup now. Trust me he has been horrible since his injury and release from Baltimore.

I think that I would take a dhot on Domanick Davis. Two years ago he was the Texans "RB of the Future" and after an injury, he's out. I think we could probably get him for cheap and who knows what could happen when he steps on the field. He almost certainly has to feel he has something to prove to the Texans and the other teams that have passed on him. Why not take a shot on him?

I think that I would take a dhot on Domanick Davis. Two years ago he was the Texans "RB of the Future" and after an injury, he's out. I think we could probably get him for cheap and who knows what could happen when he steps on the field. He almost certainly has to feel he has something to prove to the Texans and the other teams that have passed on him. Why not take a shot on him?

Well now he is Domanick Williams. Name change.

He is just as injury prone as Brown is.

Again I think Marv is done with the RB spot unless a trade for Turner happens before the draft. Which as a fan I'm still wrestling with as if I want him. I mean I want him. But for what price? I don't want to give up that #12 spot for him.