Walker Interview on bb.com

JoeF

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4683

From Former College Teammate Peerless Price

Walker's former college teammate at Tennessee Peerless Price affirms that Walker will blend in nicely with what the Bills do defensively.

"We're getting a guy that's going to penetrate the gaps because he's so strong and get after the quarterback," said Price. "I know at Tennessee he wreaked havoc. Playing that three-technique is his bread and butter."

Price says Walker's strength borders on the freakish.

"When I was at school with Darwin and we'd do our strength and conditioning tests at the end of spring practice they would always stop him on the bench press," said Price. "They would get scared that he was going to hurt himself. He'd be benching up in the high 550s and 560s and since they had never seen anyone that strong they'd just tell him to stop. He's by far the strongest guy I've ever played with."

Peerless Price :

He's by far the strongest guy I've ever played with."

Didn't he play w/ Leif Larsen when he was here?

Either his def of "by far" is different from mine, or he's mistaken.

I was under the impression Larsen was one of the strongest players in the NFL ever. Didn't he set a rcd for the bench at the combine and was DISAPPOINTED w/ his performance?

Peerless Price :

I was under the impression Larsen was one of the strongest players in the NFL ever. Didn't he set a rcd for the bench at the combine and was DISAPPOINTED w/ his performance?

Look what you're doing. You're taking a comment made by Peerless Price literally.

Peerless Price :

Leif Larsen did not belong in the NFL.

This guy does, and he is here and I am glad.

Maybe he meant "One of the strongest players that knows how to play football that I've ever played with."

Leif Larsen did not belong in the NFL.

This guy does, and he is here and I am glad.

Did Leif Larsen ever actually play a down in a regular season NFL game? And if he did actually play, did he ever record a tackle? I sometimes think he was an "urban legend" for bench pressing enthusiasts.

Did Leif Larsen ever actually play a down in a regular season NFL game? And if he did actually play, did he ever record a tackle? I sometimes think he was an "urban legend" for bench pressing enthusiasts.

I think he did play in a couple of games. Remember Mike Rockwood?

Peerless Price :

I think his definition of NFL player is different than yours.