I am convinced Patrick Willis is the draft pick

Pete

Not that I am going out on a limb there but it seems to me that Willis is the guy we are eyeing all along. I am curious what we do if San Fran drafts Willis. Does Marv trade down then? If Willis is off the board no pick would surprise me- a trade down seems like the best option- if we have a trading partner

Not that I am going out on a limb there but it seems to me that Willis is the guy we are eyeing all along. I am curious what we do if San Fran drafts Willis. Does Marv trade down then? If Willis is off the board no pick would surprise me- a trade down seems like the best option- if we have a trading partner

Wouldnt mind this although I would rather have a RB but he will be gone.

I hope Marv does not trade down. We are already a young team and there is only so many rookies a team is going to need. We need to get more value not more quantity. Jimmy Johnson approach doesn't work for more than a year or two.

They lost a decent CB, and were not especially pleased with the other guy. Lotsa pass plays in today's NFL, lotsa 3 wr sets. Sometimes 4. How does the Cover 2 deal with that? :thumbsup:

Needs must.

Wouldnt mind this although I would rather have a RB but he will be gone.

I hope Marv does not trade down. We are already a young team and there is only so many rookies a team is going to need. We need to get more value not more quantity. Jimmy Johnson approach doesn't work for more than a year or two.

If Marv is convinced Crowell can play the middle, he may trade down and grab Poz. He might be the guy Marv likes. Move down 5 or 6 picks and you grab another second..then grab your rb and dt. Nice.

Now we have two threes to play with.

Someone help convince me that Willis isn't a combine warrior. Wasn't he late 1 or a 2 before the combine? Is he worthy of the 12th pick? What changed the experts minds?

he won the butkis and was the best player on a team. he made big impacts in the sec, he looks day one pro ready. a more physical vilma

After watching the Senior Bowl again a couple of time in the last two days, I'm actually convinced that he WON'T be their pick. I think he's the deluxe version of London Fletcher.

He's an excellent athlete and that allows him to make plays all over the field, but he is not a particularly strong between-the-tackles run defender. He is not all that physical when taking on blocks and seems to prefer to allow the RB to come to him, hesitating instead of attacking. He certainly is an excellent tackler once the RB gets there. Unfortunately, if he gets blocked before that happens, he usually can't fight off that blocker and will be driven out of the play. He also looked more than a bit lost in zone coverage, especially dropping far too deep early in the game with no one threatening his zone, allowing RBs to release underneath over the middle uncontested, though this should be correctable. IMO, he's a pursuit type LB who will make a lot of plays at the edge of the field and will eventually become a very good coverage LB once he gets some coaching. But I don't think he'll ever be more than an average between-the-tackles run stuffer at the MLB position.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Bills will trade with Houston to ensure they get Willis at #10.

Someone help convince me that Willis isn't a combine warrior. Wasn't he late 1 or a 2 before the combine? Is he worthy of the 12th pick? What changed the experts minds?

Willis has always been a top 15 talent that the media has under valued.

After watching the Senior Bowl again a couple of time in the last two days, I'm actually convinced that he WON'T be their pick. I think he's the deluxe version of London Fletcher.

He's an excellent athlete and that allows him to make plays all over the field, but he is not a particularly strong between-the-tackles run defender. He is not all that physical when taking on blocks and seems to prefer to allow the RB to come to him, hesitating instead of attacking. He certainly is an excellent tackler once the RB gets there. Unfortunately, if he gets blocked before that happens, he usually can't fight off that blocker and will be driven out of the play. He also looked more than a bit lost in zone coverage, especially dropping far too deep early in the game with no one threatening his zone, allowing RBs to release underneath over the middle uncontested, though this should be correctable. IMO, he's a pursuit type LB who will make a lot of plays at the edge of the field and will eventually become a very good coverage LB once he gets some coaching. But I don't think he'll ever be more than an average between-the-tackles run stuffer at the MLB position.

fortunatley the Bills will look at tape of more than just the Senior Bowl.

What do you think about trading down, taking Poz later in the first round or whoever they like best say anywhere betweeb 15 and 20, than taking David Harris in the 2nd to man the middle? (He is a tackling machine) And we would still have another 2nd and two thirds, or three thirds to take a CB, DL and possibly a big number two type receiver. That would be like Christmas in April!!

How big of a difference would there be between Willis and Harris manning the middle for us?

What do you think about trading down, taking Poz later in the first round or whoever they like best say anywhere betweeb 15 and 20, than taking David Harris in the 2nd to man the middle? (He is a tackling machine) And we would still have another 2nd and two thirds, or three thirds to take a CB, DL and possibly a big number two type receiver. That would be like Christmas in April!!

How big of a difference would there be between Willis and Harris manning the middle for us?

Oh, how could I forget, one of those five picks would have to be our new stud running back either in the 2nd or third round.

I'm really not that familiar with Harris beyond what I've read, and the Senior Bowl game is pretty much all I have as a first hand accounting and unfortunately, the South's total ineptitude offensively meant he was rarely on the field. Watching him, he does seem to play well in short zone coverage and will aggressively take on blockers in the running game. I also liked his awareness of screen plays. He stuffed one for a 6 yard loss and seemed to have what appeared to be another screen play read that ultimately didn't develop and the QB tossed to the TE. On the downside, there's no question that he's not as athletic as Willis and whether he can play in a Tampa 2, I don't know. Based just on 40 times, unreliable as they are, I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt. I definitely do like what I've read and seen of him, however, and I think he'd make a good 2nd round alternative to Willis.

I think we will be in the first round two times on draft day. We have two 3rd rounders and maybe a 3rd when we trade Spikes(which seems like there is a 90% chance of happening). All these picks and not an extreme amount of cap space, trading up is what seems most likely.