ESPN reports

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I, for one, am going to miss Takeo. He wanted to play for the Bills. He played hard and with a lot of energy. It is a shame he sustained that injury.

Marv and Dick are certainly leaving their mark on this team. They have gotten rid (or are about to get rid) of a lot of players from the prior regime. It will be interesting to see where we are at after the draft, in camp, and during the coming season.

No, we're more of the Montreal Expos.

I'm not quite sure that's accurate either, as the guys who leave would then have to be successful elsewhere--when has that really happened? JJ left and has spent two years on IR, we all saw Bledsoe's humiliation last year, Milloy supposedy had a horrible year last year in ATL, etc.

What is a 25-yr old to do? I'm holding out hope for when they roll electricity into WNY.

One day it'll have plumbing, too, and THEN who'll be laughing, Willis? Huh? That's right, Willis. Plumbing and electricity. And then, dare I say, an ATM machine?

I'm very curious to see what draft pick they snag out of this.

"PHOENIX - Takeo Spikes, one of the most popular players in recent Bengals history, will not be rejoining the team that drafted him.

The Buffalo Bills have shopped Spikes and are down to talking to two of three teams, general manager Marv Levy said Sunday at the NFL annual meeting at the Arizona Biltmore.

Cincinnati is not one of them.

"We have a high regard for Takeo. But our (salary) cap room does not allow for a deal of the magnitude necessary to trade for him," Bengals president Mike Brown said.

The Bills are trying actively to trade Spikes to save his $4.6 million salary in 2007, likely the last year of his Buffalo contract. The Bills have the option on 2008.

The Bengals drafted Spikes with the No. 13 overall pick in 1998. He signed with Buffalo after the 2002 season as an unrestricted free agent.

"It is in a delicate time," Levy said of a possible trade of the nine-year veteran linebacker. "We floated the idea to a number of teams. You could guess who would have been among them.". ".

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../703260332/1066

LOL just my opinion. Genos, Pats, Jims, and Mike Schmidts. Brass Rail in Allentown is the best I have ever had. Wiz wit

Those are the tourist places/happen to be next to where the other stuff is(Jims). Genos and Pats is where you go after the bar - so it doesn't matter - it's FOOD, especially greasy food that cuts the alcohol. Jim's is a wanna be and always has been(but being on 4th and South Street = make money no matter what). Mike Schmidts = tourist trap.

The best places to go are not as well known. Near me there is a cousin of the family that runs Pat's - in the convention center/Reading Terminal Market - that owns Rick's. These are infinitely better steaks than Pats(but they all use the same bakery for the bread=the secret to making a good steak). I go there once a week(no more) as a rule.

Also there is a place in old city called Sonny's - also much better and it actually offers a decent place to sit down. And if you want the best - Tony Luke's down on front street and Oregon(south Philly) - this is where I take clients who really want "the best steak in town", etc.

Pat's and Geno's are open 24 hours a day - and all the celebs go there after the bar(I was on line when Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson showed up - they were hammered and were hysterically funny), just like the rest of us - so they have the most notoriety, and also why they have all those pictures. The best places close at 6 at the latest - so nobody knows about them.

Ok back on point - I think the TKO trade is a mistake. I think this is too much change to make in one year. However, I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong. To me, this puts a boatload of responsibility on Crowell. I hope he can meet this challenge and exceed my expectations, which aren't good.

Those are the tourist places/happen to be next to where the other stuff is(Jims). Genos and Pats is where you go after the bar - so it doesn't matter - it's FOOD, especially greasy food that cuts the alcohol. Jim's is a wanna be and always has been(but being on 4th and South Street = make money no matter what). Mike Schmidts = tourist trap.

The best places to go are not as well known. Near me there is a cousin of the family that runs Pat's - in the convention center/Reading Terminal Market - that owns Rick's. These are infinitely better steaks than Pats(but they all use the same bakery for the bread=the secret to making a good steak). I go there once a week(no more) as a rule.

Also there is a place in old city called Sonny's - also much better and it actually offers a decent place to sit down. And if you want the best - Tony Luke's down on front street and Oregon(south Philly) - this is where I take clients who really want "the best steak in town", etc.

Pat's and Geno's are open 24 hours a day - and all the celebs go there after the bar(I was on line when Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson showed up - they were hammered and were hysterically funny), just like the rest of us - so they have the most notoriety, and also why they have all those pictures. The best places close at 6 at the latest - so nobody knows about them.

Ok back on point - I think the TKO trade is a mistake. I think this is too much change to make in one year. However, I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong. To me, this puts a boatload of responsibility on Crowell. I hope he can meet this challenge and exceed my expectations, which aren't good.

Thanks for the recs! Next time in Philly I will definately check them out!

Hey Joe- was in Philly and Allentown last weekend. Valley cheesesteaks blow away Philly cheesesteaks IMO

Sorry to hear that, I wouldn't wish PA on anybody :thumbsup:

I haven't had a cheesesteak in nigh on forever. Brass Rail makes good ones, no doubt. If you're ever in there for breakfast, get the cheesesteak omelet.

Heart attack on a plate.

If you're going shopping, can you check and see if they have any Ryan Miller jerseys in stock?

I will. Although I doubt they'll be as cheap as the Spieks jerseys.

I, for one, am going to miss Takeo. He wanted to play for the Bills. He played hard and with a lot of energy. It is a shame he sustained that injury.

Marv and Dick are certainly leaving their mark on this team. They have gotten rid (or are about to get rid) of a lot of players from the prior regime. It will be interesting to see where we are at after the draft, in camp, and during the coming season.

We are purging the rosters to fit the schemes of our current regime ala st louis style offense, and tampa cover two Defense.

We are purging the rosters to fit the schemes of our current regime ala st louis style offense, and tampa cover two Defense.

Others have asked this question before :thumbsup:, but I'll ask it again...

What have the Bills won with Spikes, McGahee, Clements, etc on the roster?

As much I enjoy watching Spikes on the field, there might be something to the fact that Cincy got good as soon as he left. Yeah, it's probably due to a better coach and a whole lot of better players, but perhaps it's not just a coincidence that the Bills, who appeared to be on the upswing when he arrived, bottomed out at the same Cincy started going to the playoffs.

Spikes might very well fall into the category of "great" players who never win anything, and in fact hinder their team from winning.

Frankly, I'd rather have a bunch of no-names that play collectively better than the sum of their parts (e.g., New England)