I have a feeling Marv will go with Poz with our first pick

Wiz

Just a gut feel, but with Spikes gone soon, I think Marv will address lb with the first pick and it won't be Willis.

Poz has the flexibility to play inside or out, he's a character guy, a Penn State LB (#31 that Conlan wore)

The pick would fit in with Marv's tendency to pass over the "better player" (WILLIS) to go with a less conventional pick.

Poz is predicted to go in the mid or late first round, but to trade down would be "too risky".

I hope you're wrong...but I would dishonest if I said that I haven't thought about that scenario playing out

I'm with you (unfortunately).

Poz is Marv's kind of player. The problem is, he's not fast/fluid enough to be a great Cover 2 LB, IMO. Good thing Scott upgraded the server if we hear his name at #12....

I got a chuckle out of which current NFL player this scouting analysis compares him to, however.

Just a gut feel, but with Spikes gone soon, I think Marv will address lb with the first pick and it won't be Willis.

Poz has the flexibility to play inside or out, he's a character guy, a Penn State LB (#31 that Conlan wore)

The pick would fit in with Marv's tendency to pass over the "better player" (WILLIS) to go with a less conventional pick.

Poz is predicted to go in the mid or late first round, but to trade down would be "too risky".

Marv has had one draft. How can there be a tendency after only one draft?

While I agree that Poz appears to be a Marv kind of guy, I think that he is not such an outstanding or irreplaceable type player and that the Bills have enough needs, that there is very much risk at all in the Bills trading down if they can.

All it takes is for one team to do something unexpected and the entire course of the draft can make all mocks invalid to that point. Last year the course of expected events and potential variables lasted all the way to pick 7, when Oak unexpectedly took Huff and all bets were off and all the mocks went south after that point.

This triggered a course within which it would have completely legit pre-reality for Marv to trade down to get Whitner who was seen credibly as a #21 or so pick, but the Bills then felt it was too risky to not pick him at 8 since only two SS's were judged immediate quality starters and #9 DET had a clear SS need (a judgment with proved correct as 3rd SS taken Allen was generally not see as worth a #9 so they took LB Sims but used their second choice for an SS candidate.

For this particular draft, the question is whether if Poz is such a singular possibility as LB that the Bills would not be willing to take a risk of going with an alternative if we traded down from #12 to say a mid teens pick.

The question is not just a simple one of how valuable Poz is but whether the Bills in reviewing players (and most important meeting and talking to them) judge another OLB as no Poz. but a not unreasonable second choice.

There appear to be ample numbers of other OLBs who are either talents at the Poz level (Timmons for example) or good second round talents if one needs to go there (Davis for example).

A lot comes down to whether the Marv led braintrust feels they are "character" guys (the word is that Timmons likely is not but that Davis likely is). Even more interesting is that Willis predictions have bounced all over the place in the past few weeks as Kiper (an unreliable idiot which differentiates him from other mocks in that their purveyors may not be idiot like the Hair-guy, but like him they are unreliable (particularly regarding Bills picks as Maycock may have been the only one who got the Whitner choice correct).

I see no problem with them taking Poz, but also see no problem with them trading down and increasing their resources to make it easier to pick a player like Irons and if the draft goes according to form (which it never does) they will get Poz anyway even trading down to the late teens or early 20s.

If the risk does not pay off, darn but then we have to "settle" for picking off a Willis or a Lynch if they "drop" to the mid-teens (no drop at all in many mocks and actually the Bills will be accused of reaching for these players potentially with a late-teens selection).

I like Poz, but I see little risk in trading down because they very likely still get him and of someone else picks him it by definition means that some other quality player who meets our needs will be there when we pick.

i have a feeling posluszny will be our second pick.we will draft adrian peterson or marshawn lynch first.we will then do whatever it takes to get paul.either a trade back into the lower first round or a trade up into the top of the second round.the rest of the draft will be for the best players available.go marv and go bils in"07

i have a feeling posluszny will be our second pick.we will draft adrian peterson or marshawn lynch first.we will then do whatever it takes to get paul.either a trade back into the lower first round or a trade up into the top of the second round.the rest of the draft will be for the best players available.go marv and go bils in"07

This makes much more sense than drafting Poz at twelve, which is certainly a ridiculous reach. It is hardly likely anyone would choose Poz before the twenties at the earliest.

I would take Okoye at twelve, btw, though the rb pick is reasonable.

I don't have a problem taking this guy just not at the 12 spot....if we trade back and take him later in the first and get another pick out of it that would be ok. I think this guy is going to be a force in the NFL for a long time....we could use a few guys like him!

GO BILLS!

I don't have a problem taking this guy just not at the 12 spot....if we trade back and take him later in the first and get another pick out of it that would be ok. I think this guy is going to be a force in the NFL for a long time....we could use a few guys like him!

GO BILLS!

That's right. It would be something to get a great backer out of this year's draft.

Pos kinda reminds me of Conlan.