Bills Nearing Trade of TKO

K-Gun10

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that it doesn't happen as while I feel comfortable with either a WLB-MLB-SLB combo of Crowell-draft pick (Willis maybe)-Spikes or Ellis-Crowell-Spikes, I don't have the same feeling of having either Crowell or Ellison playing the SAM OLB lined up over a TE. So if this trade is made, I know VABills will not be happy as we will draft an OLB capable of playing the SAM and we will have a lineup of Ellis-Crowell-? at LB.

Sam Cowart Part II.

This is a wise move. I absolutely loved what Takeo brought to the table, but the bottom line is that once a player who relies upon his explosiveness blows a tire (i.e., Achilles), he is rarely anywhere close to the same when he comes back. TKO is too expensive to keep at even 75% of his former self.

Buffalo needs to build with youth and talent.

Takeo traded to Mars...for a space rock, some Tang and a dried apricot

We should have held out for Capri Sun. We got SCREWED! :devil:

The game has passed Marv by...in a flying saucer. :D

BTW, since an intelligent mod had the good sense to merge the threads under the non-exploitative headline, i went and deleted my most negative posts of Kgun, as they no longer make sense out of context.

I hope that it doesn't happen as while I feel comfortable with either a WLB-MLB-SLB combo of Crowell-draft pick (Willis maybe)-Spikes or Ellis-Crowell-Spikes, I don't have the same feeling of having either Crowell or Ellison playing the SAM OLB lined up over a TE. So if this trade is made, I know VABills will not be happy as we will draft an OLB capable of playing the SAM and we will have a lineup of Ellis-Crowell-? at LB.

Don't discount Haggan on the Strong Side..at the very least he is good depth. He ended up getting a lot of snaps. I also think they are counting on (Gasp, Gasp) Coy Wire to contribute on the weak side. We will probably see two draftees (one early and one late)-- but this gives us some flexibility..to draft any linebacker on the board and slot them in...

Don't discount Haggan on the Strong Side..at the very least he is good depth. He ended up getting a lot of snaps. I also think they are counting on (Gasp, Gasp) Coy Wire to contribute on the weak side. We will probably see two draftees (one early and one late)-- but this gives us some flexibility..to draft any linebacker on the board and slot them in...

The OLB we brought in last year from Green Bay, Roy Kelly might get a look as he does have better size to play strongside: 6-2,245. Don't know about him or Haggan but they could step in and contribute.

We should have held out for Capri Sun. We got SCREWED! :devil:

The game has passed Marv by...in a flying saucer. :D

BTW, since an intelligent mod had the good sense to merge the threads under the non-exploitative headline, i went and deleted my most negative posts of Kgun, as they no longer make sense out of context.

Its ok Dean cuz many have already quoted them so I could enjoy as always.

What do u think we will get in return draft pick, player??? I know Darwin Walker is on the block.

the darwin walker trade is intriguing.he is a 30 year old defensive tackle that had 6 sacks last year.since it looks like the bills will be drafting a runningback and linebacker anyways,i like the idea of darwin walker.that is not to say i am happy about spikes being traded.i love spikes,but if the bills are trading him then i wouldn't mind seeing us get another dt for our defense.go bills in"07

I'll never make it as a headline writer for the Weekly World News. :D

Kgun = BatBoy?

Hey! There is absolutely no reason to involve Bat Boy in these discussions! The man/thing/boy is a national hero! Back in 2001 he volunteered to use his "bat" abilities to hunt down bin Laden! He spent weeks searching Afgahani caves without the "official" support of the US Gov't! Now that's American hero/Jack Bauer type stuff! Hasn't Bat Boy earned our respect? So what if he wants to ride the subway for free. He's on the roof, not sitting next to you.

Geesh ... it's a shame how we treat our veterans. :devil:

Hmmmm:

Eagles | Team showing interest in Spikes

Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:17:42 -0700

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Philadelphia Eagles are showing interest in possibly obtaining Buffalo Bills LB Takeo Spikes, according to a league source. Spikes would need to pass a physical and negotiate a new deal. The source believes the Bills could receive a mid-to-late round choice in the 2007 NFL Draft if both conditions are met. The Eagles would likely move Spikes to the outside if they acquire him. The team could also move him inside and make LB Jeremiah Trotter more of a two-down linebacker.

Giants | Team showing interest in Spikes

Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:17:14 -0700

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the New York Giants are showing interest in possibly obtaining Buffalo Bills LB Takeo Spikes, according to a league source. Spikes would need to pass a physical and negotiate a new deal. The source believes the Bills could receive a mid-to-late round choice in the 2007 NFL Draft if both conditions are met.