Greg Olsen TE, Miami - NJ kid is a beast.........

Tom

OK, I hate many of the players from th 'U' but this kid is from NJ & is a beast. His father is an extremely successful HS Football coach who beat my sons team in the State Finals the past 2 years <_< but hey.

Greg Olsen TE

I've had the displeasure of playing against him in highschool. Kid is a beast, and if we didnt have bigger needs Id take him in a second.

Wayne Hills is a real rival to Parsippany Hills too but this kid is good. Clifton had a good year in '06.

Great player. Great kid. He will make a very good NFL player. I would not complain if we somehow got another pick in the second half of the first round and picked him up. He would do wonders for JP.

Great player. Great kid. He will make a very good NFL player. I would not complain if we somehow got another pick in the second round and picked him up. He would do wonders for JP.

While I also think he is second round talent, with his combine numbers I can't see him falling out of round 1.

Very hard to judge Miami players this year since the whole team just crapped out.

I say we go with Vernon Davis! Actually I wouldn't mind a dynamic tight end, but don't think he is a fit at #12, and really think that we can get more impact at LB, DT, or RB. But if after careful evaluation we think Olsen is actually the best football player available (say Willis, Peterson, and Okoye are gone and we aren't high on Lynch), then I could live with this. But I think as solid a prospect as he is, he is not going to be the top guy on our draft board when we pick, and not being a need position I can't see us reaching.

While I also think he is second round talent, with his combine numbers I can't see him falling out of round 1.

Very hard to judge Miami players this year since the whole team just crapped out.

You are correct. I meant to say another pick in the first round. 12 is too early for us to pick him given our needs, but if we could package a couple of later picks (like we did last year with McCargo) and get another pick in the second half of the first round (if he is still available), he would be a great addition to the Bills.

Great player. Great kid. He will make a very good NFL player. I would not complain if we somehow got another pick in the second round and picked him up. He would do wonders for JP.

I have posted about this twice before his combine and most people shot it down, i really like they guy and have thought alot of him his whole time at miami,he has tore it up since he got their. Most of the responses i got were lukewarm at best, now mostl like him because his awesome combine. I don't think he will make it to the second round unfortunately and although it's not a huge need position i hope we swing another first rounder and land him. He would add a huge dimension to this offense and help jp out alot in my opinion!

Why are people getting concrened over this. HE'S ONLY A TE!

I don't see anybody getting concrened. :thumbsup:

Besides, you're right. Our offense is awesome!

Opposing DCoordinators game plan for months to stop us.

Every one of our opponents have their Bills date(s) circled on their calendars in red crayon with a "L?..." marked next to their date with doom.

Think about it. They can't just key in on Willis anymore - he's not there. <_<

Poor guys probably lose sleep for weeks before they face our Offensive Offense.

It's got to be a relief to them when they walk out of the stadium alive after trying to match up with The Bills.

I don't see anybody getting concrened. :thumbsup:

Besides, you're right. Our offense is awesome!

Opposing DCoordinators game plan for months to stop us.

Every one of our opponents have their Bills date(s) circled on their calendars in red crayon with a "L?..." marked next to their date with doom.

Think about it. They can't just key in on Willis anymore - he's not there. <_<

Poor guys probably lose sleep for weeks before they face our Offensive Offense.

It's got to be a relief to them when they walk out of the stadium alive after trying to match up with The Bills.

:lol:

Great post.

The offense needs more weapons. And I've been clanging the "WR/TE spots are huge holes" for a couple months now. Olsen certainly would fill a huge area of need, but still I would be upset if the Bills took him at 12 or if they moved picks to aquire him.

Certainly a solid No 2. WR or a gamebreaking TE is needed, but with Willis gone, RB has jumped to the top offensive "need". As you said, the Bills need a threat in the backfield to force opposing defenses to pay attention. Is there going to be a back there at 12 to provide this? Perhaps. But the only way I don't see the Bills going RB with their first pick is if one of the defensive studs at LB or DT falls into their lap.

If they traded up to grab Olsen in the second round, that would mean giving up picks, something I'm not usually a fan of unless it's for an extraordinary talent. Olsen is good -- but I'm not sure he is extraordinary enough to warrent a move back into the first round.

I have posted about this twice before his combine and most people shot it down, i really like they guy and have thought alot of him his whole time at miami,he has tore it up since he got their. Most of the responses i got were lukewarm at best, now mostl like him because his awesome combine. I don't think he will make it to the second round unfortunately and although it's not a huge need position i hope we swing another first rounder and land him. He would add a huge dimension to this offense and help jp out alot in my opinion!

Tore what up? He had 6 TD's his whole time in Miami. Zach Miller had a better career than Olson and is considered low second round talent at best.

Olsen is fast, but other than that he's absolutely average. Just like any other player in the draft, he could be boom or bust. But drafting him so high based on combine results is nuts imo.

Tore what up? He had 6 TD's his whole time in Miami. Zach Miller had a better career than Olson and is considered low second round talent at best.

Olsen is fast, but other than that he's absolutely average. Just like any other player in the draft, he could be boom or bust. But drafting him so high based on combine results is nuts imo.

Ok maybe tore it up was not the best phrase to use, how is has been consistently productive for a college that produces very good tight ends on a consistent basis? I agree that te is not as big a hole as alot of other areas and that is the only reason i don't see the bills getting him. Before the combine most people had miller the top tight end and alot of mocks had him at the end of one or beginning of two, if you like workouts or not the combine likely catapaulted olsen ahead of miller and not just in the athletic drills his hands looked better. If you think olsen is an average tight end in college i have no idea what college games you watch,care to share?

Ok maybe tore it up was not the best phrase to use, how is has been consistently productive for a college that produces very good tight ends on a consistent basis? I agree that te is not as big a hole as alot of other areas and that is the only reason i don't see the bills getting him. Before the combine most people had miller the top tight end and alot of mocks had him at the end of one or beginning of two, if you like workouts or not the combine likely catapaulted olsen ahead of miller and not just in the athletic drills his hands looked better. If you think olsen is an average tight end in college i have no idea what college games you watch,care to share?

He's not really average for a college TE, he's average for a college TE's that make it to the NFL every year.

Guys like Scott Chandler from Iowa. This guy is middle round talent, but in his 3 years starting (same as Olsen) had more catches, more yards, and more TD's. You can't coach speed, which is why I think Olsen is second round talent. It gives him a huge leg up over other TE's. But he has done nothing extraordinary in Miami to be put into the same category as their other top TE's.

He's not really average for a college TE, he's average for a college TE's that make it to the NFL every year.

Guys like Scott Chandler from Iowa. This guy is middle round talent, but in his 3 years starting (same as Olsen) had more catches, more yards, and more TD's. You can't coach speed, which is why I think Olsen is second round talent. It gives him a huge leg up over other TE's. But he has done nothing extraordinary in Miami to be put into the same category as their other top TE's.

I hear what your saying and i don't like the hurricanes, with that being said whenever i have watched them and they have thrown the ball to him he has caught it and made plays, i guess the term potential is what i should use as much as i hate to use it, is the word to describe olsen. I believe he has the potential and skills to be a real good tight end, seems to be a high character guy (how often can you say that in the same sentence as a hurricane player).

I wouldn't mind seeing them pick up a top receiving TE, but I don't think there's much chance of it. I believe they view the TE more as a blocker in this offense than a receiver and would prefer to use their RBs in that role instead.

greg olsen s workouts were off the charts .. so to speak ........ but the question is does that translate to actual football skillls .. is he another freak on the field or just in the weight room.. that being said id take him ....if we had the mlb spot ssettled ....watch out for matt spaeth.minnesota big target very productive ,more agile version of metzlaars..available 4th rd

To those of you who question his football ability, I have a sneaking suspicion that you did not see him play that much. The Hurricanes were pretty awful this past year -- particularly the offense. The offensive line could not protect and the wide outs were average at best.

Defenses essentially focused on trying to take Olsen out of the game by doubling him etc. The guys is a football player. There is no doubt about that. His combine just reinforced that he has skills that go along with his football ability.

He is going to make the NFL team that drafts him very happy. I would love for the Bills to get him, but we have other glaring weaknesses (RB, LB, D line, and CB). There should be an outstanding player that fills one of those needs with the 12th pick. After that, if we can get him by getting back into the first round again, I would not complain at all. Greg Olsen would do wonders for our QB.