Malarkeys comments

1billsfan

This guy has just admitted a "can't do" philosophy. I really hate "can't do" philosophies. This coach has officially got on my nerves and made me angry. What I saw in the forth quarter on Sunday verses the Jets was a team that had the capacity to put up quick scores (like Indy)...throw deep (like Indy)...a tailback that can make backbreaking plays (like Indy). Marv Levy would never tell players what they couldn't do. It's the "I know more about this stuff than you do" condescending crap that we've dealt with for the past 3 years. Now we have to hear it from this rookie HC moron? What ever happened to shutting your trap about what your "philosophy" was going to be anyways? Why give your upcoming opponents the heads up? Hey Dolphins, we are sticking with the three yards and trip on your toes game plan in case you were wondering. Jerk. <_<

Malarkey's press conference comments:

"When you say opening up the offense I'm not sure what open up (means). Are we going to be Indianapolis? No. I can tell you no," said Mularkey, who has initiated some no-huddle to change the pace and some gadget plays but without much success.

"Throw it a little more, maybe deeper? We tried that (vs. the Jets) and we got sacked. We're going to keep doing what we can to protect (Drew) and take some shots when the shots are there. But I don't think we're going to change our whole offensive philosophy because when we've done it right, it's worked. It's something we believe in as a staff and I know this team does because you would know when there was doubt and there's not."

A: I guarantee he will attempt more deep passes in the future no matter what he says publicly. REmember, everything he says gets back to Miami and all our opponents.

B: His Indy comment if you read between the lines says: "we don't have a crafty enough QB at this time or a strong enough O-line to execute the fantastic play action fakes and deep over the middle routes that Indy runs".

A: I guarantee he will attempt more deep passes in the future no matter what he says publicly.  REmember, everything he says gets back to Miami and all our opponents.

B: His Indy comment if you read between the lines says: "we don't have a crafty enough QB at this time or a strong enough O-line to execute the fantastic play action fakes and deep over the middle routes that Indy runs".

67526[/snapback]

The problem is we do have a crafty QB (85.5 passer rating) that has been spot on with the passes this season. Mr. Moron final used extra blockers on the Evans TD play and look what happened. Now he's saying we're crawling back into the shell? Saying you can't do something with "between the lines" comments is contradictory to the job of the head coach. Think Levy would ever utter something like this? Wasn't in his vocab. He looked for ways to attack, not go into the fetal position.

The problem is we do have a crafty QB (85.5 passer rating) that has been spot on with the passes this season. Mr. Moron final used extra blockers on the Evans TD play and look what happened. Now he's saying we're crawling back into the shell? Saying you can't do something with "between the lines" comments is contradictory to the job of the head coach. Think Levy would ever utter something like this? Wasn't in his vocab. He looked for ways to attack, not go into the fetal position.

67536[/snapback]

I hear what you're saying, but actions speak louder than words. If the Bills continue with the ineffective gameplan they've been using, then I'll start calling him a moron.

Mularkey is a good YOUNG coach who knows what it takes to win in the NFL. He is surrounded by very good offensive assistants (Clements & Wyche). Mularkey has some players on his menu that he didn't order...so to speak. I will not be too critical of the guy until he has the pieces that he wants in place.

I don't know if it was a slip of the tongue or what but I recall an interview in preseason camp where he mentioned how important a mobile QB is in the NFL. I sorta thought it was funny given that Bledsoe was his starting QB. He gives nice lip service to Drew out of respect "Drew gives us the best chance to win right now". I'm not saying Drew is the only problem up front,,,,clearly the line is under-performing. Losman is one of "his guys" that will change the entire dynamic of our offense. Please don't be one of these fans...1billsfan that runs Mularkey out of town after 4 games. It's not cool. Let's give the guy a chance to implement his roster and a more dynamic gameplan in the future..

1bills, there are plenty around here who'd be happy to stick your foot in your mouth without you doing it yourself ;-). Do you honestly think he doesn't know what he's talking about or that you somehow know better?

1bills, there are plenty around here who'd be happy to stick your foot in your mouth without you doing it yourself ;-). Do you honestly think he doesn't know what he's talking about or that you somehow know better?

67700[/snapback]

Ok tough guy...and you can stick 0-4 you know where 34-78-83. I think this guy is a stubborn jerk like GW and comments like those prove it. I've never been anti-Malarkey until I read those comments from our winless coach. If you like guys who are incapable of making adjustments then you just might be a moron fan. I remember what it was like to have a coach like Marv Levy. What do we get in return? Excuses and inept offensive game plans going on two years now. I don't have to bow down to these morons because they have the title of head coach. You can, but not me pal.

My memory may be sagging - but didn't Colts have a major max protect on in Manning's 1st 2 yrs? Didn't they open it up when they got more confident in their very young OL - that was regularly embarrassed by Smith & Hansen?

And if my memory serves, the K-Gun didn't take hold until it was apparent that Lofton could regain his old form, after sucking for much of his 1st yr with the Bills?

As the new skill players are rotated in the system, things will open up more. Do people forget that the coach & OC made Tommy Maddox an NFL caliber player?

Mularkey is a good YOUNG coach who knows what it takes to win in the NFL.  He is surrounded by very good offensive assistants (Clements & Wyche). Mularkey has some players on his menu that he didn't order...so to speak.  I will not be too critical of the guy until he has the pieces that he wants in place.

I don't know if it was a slip of the tongue or what but I recall an interview in preseason camp where he mentioned how important a mobile QB is in the NFL.  I sorta thought it was funny given that Bledsoe was his starting QB.  He gives nice lip service to Drew out of respect "Drew gives us the best chance to win right now".  I'm not saying Drew is the only problem up front,,,,clearly the line is under-performing.  Losman is one of "his guys" that will change the entire dynamic of our offense.  Please don't be one of these fans...1billsfan that runs Mularkey out of town after 4 games.  It's not cool.  Let's give the guy a chance to implement his roster and a more dynamic gameplan in the future..

67552[/snapback]

Forgive me, but what has Mularkey ever won in the NFL? How do you know he's a good coach? He doesn't have that sparkling a resume. . . I know he doen't have a SB ring. How about playoff success?

Forgive me, but what has Mularkey ever won in the NFL? How do you know he's a good coach? He doesn't have that sparkling a resume. . . I know he doen't have a SB ring. How about playoff success?

67789[/snapback]

You're forgiven. It's my opinion. MM has been a successful coach everywhere he's been,... his former players and colleagues rave about his ability to understand game situations and what it takes to win. Look, the last coach we had here ended up losing credibility because he never played the game and had no understanding from a player's point of view. This coach is different. I'm willing to see how this thing works once he has some new players to fit what he wants to do. The last guy couldn't win with basically the same offensive line and QB. That's got to be telling us something.

If you read between the lines, he's really saying

"Sure we'd like to throw the ball deep, but we have a slow thinking, slow moving QB who can't get out of his own way. The more likely outcome on those plays is a sack or a turnover, so I'm pretty much stuck running this mickey mouse offense until my QB of the future gets healthy."

"Often the difference between a successful person and a failure is not one has better abilities or ideas, but the courage that one has to bet on one's ideas, to take a calculated risk - and to act."

Andre Malraux French novelist, art historian, and statesman, 1901-1976

If you like guys who are incapable of making adjustments then you just might be a moron fan. I remember what it was like to have a coach like Marv Levy. What do we get in return? Excuses and inept offensive game plans going on two years now.

67781[/snapback]

How are you going to make adjustments with this sorry sack of **** offensive line we have? The Jets rushed 4 against our 6 blockers and sacked Bledsoe in less than 3 seconds. Just what game plan do you want to have with this garbage? The Evans deep ball worked because we max protected and they were playing 8 in the box against the run and ew got single coverage on Evans. The max protection worked because they were playing the run first, pass second. This won't work every play as our O-line is one of the most god-awful in the history of the game.

So just what adjusments do you want to make? This isn't Madden dude.

RunTheBall

How are you going to make adjustments with this sorry sack of **** offensive line we have? The Jets rushed 4 against our 6 blockers and sacked Bledsoe in less than 3 seconds. Just what game plan do you want to have with this garbage? The Evans deep ball worked because we max protected and they were playing 8 in the box against the run and ew got single coverage on Evans. The max protection worked because they were playing the run first, pass second. This won't work every play as our O-line is one of the most god-awful in the history of the game.

So just what adjusments do you want to make? This isn't Madden dude.

RunTheBall

67895[/snapback]

I have been posting the same thoughts for 5 years or so and have never said it as well. Good work.

McNally was going to snap his fingers and cure this too, remember?

Holy Crap. If that quote is enough to quality someone as a moron, then let me be the first to welcome you to my new Bills message board : One Moron Drive.

There's such a thing as coachspeak, and there's such a thing as posturing, and when the owner of the team comes out and says "Screw this power running crap," it's time to put both of them in action.

But yeah...he's a moron. Thanks, Mr. Kettle.

Ok tough guy...and you can stick 0-4 you know where 34-78-83. I think this guy is a stubborn jerk like GW and comments like those prove it. I've never been anti-Malarkey until I read those comments from our winless coach. If you like guys who are incapable of making adjustments then you just might be a moron fan. I remember what it was like to have a coach like Marv Levy. What do we get in return? Excuses and inept offensive game plans going on two years now. I don't have to bow down to these morons because they have the title of head coach. You can, but not me pal.

67781[/snapback]

Jeez 1billz, I meant "plenty around here" as in Trolls, etc... I guess that came out the wrong way. But I still think you're silly trying to base anything on our coach's comments to a media outlet. Did you ever stop to think that they just do this because they have to?

He is just being realistic.

This team does not have the OL to pull of an Indy style approach. Teams can live or die with the Indy approach. If they tried this approach and failed then he would be criticised for not tailoring his O strategy to fit the talent he has.

My personal opinion is that perhaps the coaches are sick and tired of game-planning to suit one guy--it is, afterall, a team sport.

67936[/snapback]

And therein lies the rub. My opinion is that a good QB makes the OL and team look better. here we have to 'max protect', 'give him the weapons', 'give him time to sit and throw', 'get may recievers that can get open' etc. Planning for this takes away a lot of flexibility the O coaches need. We are babying him and really trying to make him look good. Who cares ? I would rather have an above-average QB that can cope with some of the lines faults and make everything look better.

{dare I say this ?} That was where Flutie was good - he could do things even with a weak arm that compensated for the faults of the O-Line. That is where Favre is a God - he cannons the ball between defenders even if the receiver is not 'open'. So sometimes he gets intercepted but most of the time he makes the receivers look good.