Bills get RB in round 1

obie_wan

LAtest Mock Draft from PFT http://www.profootballtalk.com/2007mockdraft3.0.htm

here's the horror story draft for those that want a RB in rd 2 or 3.

Based on this scenario, Willis, Okoye and Branch are gone.

I do think the Raiders draft Johnson and possibly trade for Carr.

The Bills may be stuck with Lynch. Can't see who would be willing to trade up for what's on the board except possibly Green Bay if they want Lynch. But if the Bills don't take him, he probably falls to GB anyway.

1. Oakland Raiders: Calvin Johnson, wide receiver, Georgia Tech.

2. Detroit Lions: Joe Thomas, offensive tackle, Wisconsin.

3. Cleveland Browns: JaMarcus Russell, quarterback, LSU.

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gaines Adams, defensive end, Clemson.

5. Arizona Cardinals: Jamaal Anderson, defensive end, Arkansas.

6. Washington Redskins: Alan Branch, defensive tackle, Michigan.

7. Minnesota Vikings: Brady Quinn, quarterback, Notre Dame.

8. Houston Texans: Adrian Peterson, running back, Oklahoma.

9. Miami Dolphins: LaRon Landry, defensive back, LSU.

10. Atlanta Falcons: Amobi Okoye, defensive tackle, Louisville.

11. San Francisco 49ers: Patrick Willis, linebacker, Mississippi.

12. Buffalo Bills: Marshawn Lynch, running back, California.

13. St. Louis Rams: Jarvis Moss, defensive end, Florida.

14. Carolina Panthers: Robert Meachem, wide receiver, Tennessee.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers: Dwayne Bowe, wide receiver, LSU.

16. Green Bay Packers: Leon Hall, cornerback, Michigan.

17. Jacksonville Jaguars: Levi Brown, offensive tackle, Penn State.

18. Cincinnati Bengals: Ben Grubbs, guard, Auburn.

19. Tennessee Titans: Ted Ginn, Jr., wide receiver, Ohio State.

20. New York Giants: Aaron Ross, cornerback, Texas.

21. Denver Broncos: Adam Carriker, defensive end, Nebraska.

22. Dallas Cowboys: Arron Sears, offensive tackle, Tennessee.

23. Kansas City Chiefs: Eric Wright, cornerback, UNLV.

24. New England Patriots (from Seattle): Reggie Nelson, defensive back, Florida.

25. New York Jets: Anthony Spencer, defensive end, Purdue.

26. Philadelphia Eagles: Sidney Rice, wide receiver, South Carolina.

27. New Orleans Saints: Greg Olsen, tight end, Miami.

28. New England Patriots: Darrelle Revis, cornerback, Pitt.

29. Baltimore Ravens: Ryan Kalil, center, USC.

30. San Diego Chargers: Lawrence Timmons, linebacker, Florida State.

31. Chicago Bears: Joe Staley, tackle, Central Michigan.

32. Indianapolis Colts: Tony Ugoh, tackle, Arkansas.

New England taking two first-round DBs is interesting.

The secondary is the weakest part of their team now that they signed 2 WRs and A Thomas. Plus, you gotta figure they are not going to extend Samuel, so they would have needed to replace him next year anyway.

Interesting that you used the term "stuck with"

If we got Marshawn Lynch I would consider this a highly successful draft.....given the injury problems of AB lynch may end up being the most productive runner out of this draft...he does everything well.....

He would be the starter from day one in our backfield....regardless of the RB by committee talkspin that we are hearing.....Anthony Thomas would spell him and that hole would be filled.....

Interesting that you used the term "stuck with"

If we got Marshawn Lynch I would consider this a highly successful draft.....given the injury problems of AB lynch may end up being the most productive runner out of this draft...he does everything well.....

He would be the starter from day one in our backfield....regardless of the RB by committee talkspin that we are hearing.....Anthony Thomas would spell him and that hole would be filled.....

We would be "stuck" because the key defenders would be gone, and there is noone left to entice a trade down.

I believe you can get similar produciton from a team approach by taking a RB in round 3, and don;t need to invest #12 in a RB. The Jets made the playoffs with Leon Washington, Blalock and Barlow as their backs last year.

The Bills need to get a long term difference maker in the 1st round, like Okoye or Willis.

My guess is the Bills will take Willis in the 1st round, even if they have to trade up for him.

We would be "stuck" because the key defenders would be gone, and there is noone left to entice a trade down.

I believe you can get similar produciton from a team approach by taking a RB in round 3, and don;t need to invest #12 in a RB. The Jets made the playoffs with Leon Washington, Blalock and Barlow as their backs last year.

The Bills need to get a long term difference maker in the 1st round, like Okoye or Willis.

My guess is the Bills will take Willis in the 1st round, even if they have to trade up for him.

You dont watch much college football if you dont think Lynch is a difference maker & he is certainly 3 notches above anything the Jets have & that includes the newly aquired Thomas Jones. The guy does it all.

You dont watch much college football if you dont think Lynch is a difference maker & he is certainly 3 notches above anything the Jets have & that includes the newly aquired Thomas Jones. The guy does it all.

i love it when people use the "you must not watch games" line. makes so much sense.

Sure he's a difference maker- for about 4 years, if he's lucky.

The Jets made the playoffs without a difference maker at RB.

The Patriots won the Super Bowl with Antoinene Smith.

The Bills have bigger holes on defense that need impact players, than the luxury of a high priced RB.

It looks like you will get your wish, because Willis and Okoye will most likely be gone by the Bills pick.

i love it when people use the "you must not watch games" line. makes so much sense.

I love it when loud mouth jerkoffs like you & Obie spout off about how a guy like Lynch is not a difference maker when you probably have not watched a Pac 10 team outside of USC in your entire life.

I love it when loud mouth jerkoffs like you & Obie spout off about how a guy like Lynch is not a difference maker when you probably have not watched a Pac 10 team outside of USC in your entire life.

didn't say he wasn't a diff maker.

Bills need a MLB more than a 1st round RB with a bad back who will play no more than 4 years based on historical norms.

didn't say he wasn't a diff maker.

Bills need a MLB more than a 1st round RB with a bad back who will play no more than 4 years based on historical norms.

Dont get me wrong, I would love it if we drafted Willis but I think your underestimating what a guy like Lynch could do for the offense.

Dont get me wrong, I would love it if we drafted Willis but I think your underestimating what a guy like Lynch could do for the offense.

and as I have posted many atime that the draft is about getting the best collection of players. So if we take Lynch we've adressed our need at RB but still have holes at MLB and CB and possibly DT. I, and many, feel we can get a quality RB in Round 2 or 3 that would allow us to get a superior MLB such as Willis in Round 1. As to me a defense with say Willis at MLB and an offense with Antonio Pittman at RB is arguably better than an offense with Lynch at RB and defense with David Harris at MLB.

LAtest Mock Draft from PFT http://www.profootballtalk.com/2007mockdraft3.0.htm

here's the horror story draft for those that want a RB in rd 2 or 3.

Based on this scenario, Willis, Okoye and Branch are gone.

I do think the Raiders draft Johnson and possibly trade for Carr.

The Bills may be stuck with Lynch. Can't see who would be willing to trade up for what's on the board except possibly Green Bay if they want Lynch. But if the Bills don't take him, he probably falls to GB anyway.

1. Oakland Raiders: Calvin Johnson, wide receiver, Georgia Tech.

2. Detroit Lions: Joe Thomas, offensive tackle, Wisconsin.

3. Cleveland Browns: JaMarcus Russell, quarterback, LSU.

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gaines Adams, defensive end, Clemson.

5. Arizona Cardinals: Jamaal Anderson, defensive end, Arkansas.

6. Washington Redskins: Alan Branch, defensive tackle, Michigan.

7. Minnesota Vikings: Brady Quinn, quarterback, Notre Dame.

8. Houston Texans: Adrian Peterson, running back, Oklahoma.

9. Miami Dolphins: LaRon Landry, defensive back, LSU.

10. Atlanta Falcons: Amobi Okoye, defensive tackle, Louisville.

11. San Francisco 49ers: Patrick Willis, linebacker, Mississippi.

12. Buffalo Bills: Marshawn Lynch, running back, California.

13. St. Louis Rams: Jarvis Moss, defensive end, Florida.

14. Carolina Panthers: Robert Meachem, wide receiver, Tennessee.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers: Dwayne Bowe, wide receiver, LSU.

16. Green Bay Packers: Leon Hall, cornerback, Michigan.

17. Jacksonville Jaguars: Levi Brown, offensive tackle, Penn State.

18. Cincinnati Bengals: Ben Grubbs, guard, Auburn.

19. Tennessee Titans: Ted Ginn, Jr., wide receiver, Ohio State.

20. New York Giants: Aaron Ross, cornerback, Texas.

21. Denver Broncos: Adam Carriker, defensive end, Nebraska.

22. Dallas Cowboys: Arron Sears, offensive tackle, Tennessee.

23. Kansas City Chiefs: Eric Wright, cornerback, UNLV.

24. New England Patriots (from Seattle): Reggie Nelson, defensive back, Florida.

25. New York Jets: Anthony Spencer, defensive end, Purdue.

26. Philadelphia Eagles: Sidney Rice, wide receiver, South Carolina.

27. New Orleans Saints: Greg Olsen, tight end, Miami.

28. New England Patriots: Darrelle Revis, cornerback, Pitt.

29. Baltimore Ravens: Ryan Kalil, center, USC.

30. San Diego Chargers: Lawrence Timmons, linebacker, Florida State.

31. Chicago Bears: Joe Staley, tackle, Central Michigan.

32. Indianapolis Colts: Tony Ugoh, tackle, Arkansas.

In that scenario, I'd rather see the Bills grab the best available CB, which appears to be Leon Hall, taken by GB at 16

there is ALWAYS a run on a position in every draft, sometimes more than one position.

last year it was DBs and pass rushers. guys went entire rounds ahead of where the mag people had them projected.

if willis goes early lbs will get run on, if ANY db goes top 8 then dbs will get run on. i think it is most likely that all d line will get snapped up early. the 2 or 3 top pass rushers will get nabbed way early, then branch and okoy, then next level guys like carriker and so on. a run on dbs and d line would be great for us, we'd get the best lb or rb in the nation, and perhaps have a big trade down chance.

When ya think about it, ALL the mock drafts are pretty stupid - did anyone have Leinart slipping to #10 last year? Or the Bills drafting Whitner at #8?

(Come to think of it, didn't all the "mock drafters" mock the Bills draft, which is now said by some to be one of the best drafts of '06?)

The only draft that counts is April 28th - but hey, I'll throw in my 2 zloty and say on day 1 the Bills will draft...

1 - Okoye

2 - Posluszny!!!! <_<

3 - Leonard

19 and 0 baby!!!! :P