Tim Anderson

I'm really hoping someone makes the mistake of offering him a contract....Another 3rd rounder in the draft would sound beautiful right about now...Anybody think a team needs to fill a void in the middle of their d-line that desperately?

I'm really hoping someone makes the mistake of offering him a contract....Another 3rd rounder in the draft would sound beautiful right about now...Anybody think a team needs to fill a void in the middle of their d-line that desperately?

no not that badly

That'll happen when me sh-- turns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbet!

We should of tendered him for a 4th or 5th rder so we could get out from under this lump and grab another pick.

we gave him the min tender. he was a 3rd round pick so he's a 3rd round tender. BUT if someone came to the Bills and said "we'll give you a 4th for him" we could sign him and trade him.

Buffalo.

Yeah, another 3 would be great. Extra picks in the 3rd and 5th rounds could really help us out.

While I agree that Tim Anderson hasn't lived up to expectations, they may have been a reason for tendering him a contract. There are no shortage of examples of 'high motor' DT that made legitimate starters in the league but only after a number of years of mediocrity. We drafted Parnell (? - out of Texas, played for SD) and Jeff Wright took a while to bulk up before contributing. Maybe the coaches think Anderson needs to bulk up, get some more experience, and skills but that he may contribute yet. A rotating DT that knows the system, works hard and plays hard may be worth keeping. If they cut him then it will show they don't see changes on the horizon, but if they keep him maybe there's a reason.

While I agree that Tim Anderson hasn't lived up to expectations, they may have been a reason for tendering him a contract. There are no shortage of examples of 'high motor' DT that made legitimate starters in the league but only after a number of years of mediocrity. We drafted Parnell (? - out of Texas, played for SD) and Jeff Wright took a while to bulk up before contributing. Maybe the coaches think Anderson needs to bulk up, get some more experience, and skills but that he may contribute yet. A rotating DT that knows the system, works hard and plays hard may be worth keeping. If they cut him then it will show they don't see changes on the horizon, but if they keep him maybe there's a reason.

Nicely put. In the grand scheme, he's not a drain on the available player money. As you say - they can always cut him. He looked decent in college - like Everett - and both were certainly under draft consideration by other clubs.

The money bag is not bottomless; if they think they can get better play for similar cost, they will do it.