Tim Anderson

Sometimes it takes a player a few years to develop...maybe this year he busts through.

;)

I hope the only thing he busts through this year is waivers.

We should trade him for one of those heaters they have on the sidelines during cold games.....

Thats a good deal, g'ter done!

Perhaps he adds one positive thing to Buffalo.........is his pizza shop any good? Anyone ever been?

Does he seriously have a pizza shop in buffalo? if so, which one?

Final note about Tim Anderson: he was a major reach in the 3rd round.

Mark it 8

While I agree that Tim Anderson hasn't lived up to expectations, they may have been a reason for tendering him a contract. There are no shortage of examples of 'high motor' DT that made legitimate starters in the league but only after a number of years of mediocrity. We drafted Parnell (? - out of Texas, played for SD) and Jeff Wright took a while to bulk up before contributing. Maybe the coaches think Anderson needs to bulk up, get some more experience, and skills but that he may contribute yet. A rotating DT that knows the system, works hard and plays hard may be worth keeping. If they cut him then it will show they don't see changes on the horizon, but if they keep him maybe there's a reason.

John Parrella

While I agree that Tim Anderson hasn't lived up to expectations, they may have been a reason for tendering him a contract. There are no shortage of examples of 'high motor' DT that made legitimate starters in the league but only after a number of years of mediocrity. We drafted Parnell (? - out of Texas, played for SD) and Jeff Wright took a while to bulk up before contributing. Maybe the coaches think Anderson needs to bulk up, get some more experience, and skills but that he may contribute yet. A rotating DT that knows the system, works hard and plays hard may be worth keeping. If they cut him then it will show they don't see changes on the horizon, but if they keep him maybe there's a reason.

I think Anderson gets a bad rap. By no means is he a great player. But he did make some nice plays last season. Its not like he is getting payed huge dollars. He knows the system and he is cheap. Again DT can be a hard position to get used to in the NFL. Even Kyle Williams struggled at times. Its not like Tim is out starting DT right now.