Youbouty versus a 1st round drafted CB

Youbouty deserves a shot. Remember, he was going in the second round, until he slipped. He was also a very, very good CB at Ohio State, so I think he should get a chance to prove himself. He also got a year to learn.

McGee better damn well improve this year, or we've got a bunch of guys who are good nickel backs and not much else. (Youboty is an unknown quantity at this point - could be a starter but who the hell knows).

I love McGee as a nickel, and think he can rebound and perform better as a #2 as well. He has never been a great cover guy, but he did have 7 picks in the two years before going INT-less last year. And he is a very valuable return guy. I think we might be a better team if he drops to nickel, but if he starts I think like TKO he is very very likely to have a better year this year than last year.

Hall was a senior this year. Youboty was drafted as a junior. If Youboty had stayed in school, he would have been a top rated corner coming out this year. Why spend a first rd pick on a senior CB?

It's simple, they won't.

ive said the same thing. had youboty stayed in he wouldve been THE top rated CB this year. we already have our first round CB on the team.

If we go defense it will be DT or LB.

Not even a chance we go corner. We had one of the best pass defenses in the NFL.

It wasn't just because of Nate either. Sure McGee had a couple rough games but Whitner and Simpson played very well back there and the Bills were #1 in not giving up the big pass play.

I think people forget how good we were against the pass. Not once did a passer go over 300 yards on us. Sure Clements was part of that. But not all. Terrence is fine.

With the depth of RB in this draft, I am about willing to trade my left *** to say that a LB and CB, through trading, come in the first round. It was said before while McGee does an okay job, he is not the future corner of the team.

With the depth of RB in this draft, I am about willing to trade my left *** to say that a LB and CB, through trading, come in the first round. It was said before while McGee does an okay job, he is not the future corner of the team.

Whoa! Slow down.

You sound like the kind of guy that only has one ball left.

Better save that one for better odds and bigger stakes.

I love McGee as a nickel, and think he can rebound and perform better as a #2 as well. He has never been a great cover guy, but he did have 7 picks in the two years before going INT-less last year. And he is a very valuable return guy. I think we might be a better team if he drops to nickel, but if he starts I think like TKO he is very very likely to have a better year this year than last year.

I too love McGee as a nickle. He strikes me as one of those guys who is not quite good enough to be a #2, but at the same time better than a nickle CB. He'll be frustrating at times as a #2 CB, but other times he'll be extremely solid as a #2 CB.

Hall was a senior this year. Youboty was drafted as a junior. If Youboty had stayed in school, he would have been a top rated corner coming out this year. Why spend a first rd pick on a senior CB?

It's simple, they won't.

Good post.

Also, someone please tell me the last superstar big money corner to be a Super Bowl Champion? Probably, Ty Law on the first Pats team.

This is especially true on a cover 2 defense. Tampa has Barber (3rd round) and Juran Bolden (4th), Chicago has Vasher (4th) and Tillman (2nd), and Indy has Harper (undrafted I believe) and David (4th rounder, though Jackson was drafted in the 1st).

Corners are cool because htey're flashy and exciting but you aren't gonna build a strong team by sinking high draft picks and money into the position.

ive said the same thing. had youboty stayed in he wouldve been THE top rated CB this year. we already have our first round CB on the team.

I'm glad the Bills have him, but had he stayed another year and been a 1st rounder we could have had the entertainment value of Kiper and Berman talking about "picking Yo-booty" and "Yo-booty has a big upside" ;)

It aint over til it's over. I agree that signs point to us NOT drafting a 1st round defensive back, but I think it would be wise to wait and see, because I wouldn't be even a little surprised to see Marv grab a corner, or even another safety in round 1.

It aint over til it's over. I agree that signs point to us NOT drafting a 1st round defensive back, but I think it would be wise to wait and see, because I wouldn't be even a little surprised to see Marv grab a corner, or even another safety in round 1.

It wouldn't surprise me either, Bill. The recent years of NFL emphasis on the pass game more or less forces the hand. I think that emphasis also tends towards using first-day picks to construct the OL.

It wouldn't surprise me either, Bill. The recent years of NFL emphasis on the pass game more or less forces the hand. I think that emphasis also tends towards using first-day picks to construct the OL.

You are right but in the end, running the football and stopping the other team from doing so are the most important factors in being a Superbowl championship team. This seemed to apply even to the pass oriented Colts when they played the Bears.

I am hoping to see the Bills grab another Guard, DT, LB and OC, this realizing the glaring need at RB, and to a lesser extent WR. Obviously it depends upon who our scouting staff thinks can play.

I don't know how good this draft is, and I think that trading down might be a great idea, especially if it meansd more first day picks in 08.

Whadda ya think?

You are right but in the end, running the football and stopping the other team from doing so are the most important factors in being a Superbowl championship team. This seemed to apply even to the pass oriented Colts when they played the Bears.

I am hoping to see the Bills grab another Guard, DT, LB and OC, this realizing the glaring need at RB, and to a lesser extent WR. Obviously it depends upon who our scouting staff thinks can play.

I don't know how good this draft is, and I think that trading down might be a great idea, especially if it meansd more first day picks in 08.

Whadda ya think?

I'd like to see those positions addressed also. Trading down - if they can find a dance partner - would be something desirable. Several have put forth scenarios where RB Peterson drops to the Bill's draft position. I would be less than pleased if they took him - other needs, and the nature of his college injury gives pause. But there is a fair amount of hots out there for him and I assume he would be an attractive plum to work a trade-down.

I think Pittman looks to be a decent RB selection - that might be because I've seen a fair amount of his play...lotsa OSU ball is broadcast here. I'd have a hard time passing up that Leonard from Rutgers if he dropped to the Bills in rd #3. I guess he's not an especial speed merchant or a slippery eel, but a player having a pair of very good hands, decent blocking, and gung-ho attitude can pay reliable dividends for a long time. I could see him being used sorta like IND's Dallas Clark, too.

Nothing wrong with diving into the FA market for this or that player, but these (to me, at least) eye-popping prices under this new CBA and its' escalating cap in the coming years may well cause or force some clubs to do more building via the draft.

Sign'em (relatively inexpensively) and plan on the fact that they may well scoot. Or re-sign them before your back is against the wall. Got to keep the larder stocked.

A poster recently (wish I recalled his name, to give credit due), wondered when rookies will file suit against the rookie allocation cap scheme. Won't that be fun? ;)