Supertramp greatest hits

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never forget Sister Moonshine while motoring To Myrtle Beach in 1974 for spring break. Man i'm freekin old :nana:

Damn, I remember it the same way. The Hawaii Ki Hotel right on the beach, never slept for a week (just passed out :D )

Last summer my Mom was in the hospital at Buffalo General and I took a week off to go up and visit her. She was pretty sick and on the last day I saw her she seemed to be stabilized but it was a case when you just didn't know which way it might go. I remember walking out of her room and trying to take a mental picture of her there. I get in the car and start driving away - in a pretty introspective mood - and out of nowhere on the radio is playing "Even in the Quietest Moments". I remember thinking what a great old song, one I hadn't heard in years and years. Anyway - I'm driving away from the hospital, really listening to this old song that is taking on new meaning every passing second, thinking about my Mom and how I may never see her again, and to make the whole scene even more surreal is all the while I'm driving through the 3rd world nuclear holocaust that is Broadway going east from the city.

That song is on my iPod now - it will always remind me of my Mom and the last time I saw her alive.

I hit it with a hammer once...that was pretty great.

Another time, I hit with an even BIGGER hammer. That was REALLY great.

Ah, yes, Supertramp's greatest hit.

Where's the puking smiley?

Last summer my Mom was in the hospital at Buffalo General and I took a week off to go up and visit her. She was pretty sick and on the last day I saw her she seemed to be stabilized but it was a case when you just didn't know which way it might go. I remember walking out of her room and trying to take a mental picture of her there. I get in the car and start driving away - in a pretty introspective mood - and out of nowhere on the radio is playing "Even in the Quietest Moments". I remember thinking what a great old song, one I hadn't heard in years and years. Anyway - I'm driving away from the hospital, really listening to this old song that is taking on new meaning every passing second, thinking about my Mom and how I may never see her again, and to make the whole scene even more surreal is all the while I'm driving through the 3rd world nuclear holocaust that is Broadway going east from the city.

That song is on my iPod now - it will always remind me of my Mom and the last time I saw her alive.

I understand completely. That is a great song. Peace.

Definition of oxymoron:

"Supertramp's Greatest Hits"

A lot of younger guys I work with only think of Supertramp in terms of the song "it's raining again" which is total pop crap.

That's like judging Valen Halen by "How do you if its love?" or Peter Gabriel by "Sledgehammer".

Supertramp has a bunch of great stuff that borders on progressive rock.

Songs like "School", "Fool Overture", "Rudy", "A Soap Box Opera"...all great stuff.

Even some on the more commercial stuff on "Breakfast in America" is quality....

"Gone Hollywood"... that's a great song.

Oh, and "Paris" is one of the best live records ever, up there with "Seconds Out"