What does your name mean?

BillsFanM.D.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 Wide means you've thrown caution into the wind and are just playing balls to the wall to win. In College baseball, we used the term when it was go time. Cuz when you're 5 wide, there's no help or protection, you just gotta make it happen.

from a Neil Young song that describes where I grew up in Western NY. EKTIN = Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere. that pretty much sums up Black Creek down there in Allegany county.

that is the second most played song on my ipod...

love me some Neil.

and speaking of music references- mine pays homage to both my heritage and a song written by John Lennon for Timothy (inventor of LSD) Leary's campaign for governor of California..."he got Walrus gum boot."

Marauderswr80..............

Marauders is the name of my flag football team, WR is the position I play, and 80 was the # of Eric Moulds one of my favorite Bills players the past few years.

on BB.com's board my name is Tom1015......

Tom being my name and 1015 being my sons birthday Oct 15th.

"Yall" was a nickname I picked up in college. Prior to school I was in the Army, and picked up a few bits of southern dialect along the way, including a propensity to say things like "yall" and "fixin". I would regularly go to my friends house next door and say things like "Yall mother f*ckers fixin to go out tonight?" or "Yall mother f*ckers wanna get high?".

Everyone started calling me "Yall mother f*cker" which then just became "Yall". After a while, half the people on campus thought it was my real name, and it has stuck with me ever since.

Promo The Robot was a character from a kids cartoon show on Channel 7 when I was growing up in Buffalo in the 60's and 70's. I chose that as a name because only someone who shared that experiece would get it. My avatar is the original "plywood box" Promo. Over the years they updated his look, but old school Promo was the best.

PTR

I remember Commander Tom and Rocketship 7. I also remember Chickenman on the same channel.

My first name is John and I retired from the Air Force and live in Minnesota. The picture is a Minuteman III launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, one of many in which I participated in guidance system accuracy verifications.

Minnesota ain't so bad, and unlike other areas of the country in which I have resided, they understand about loosing four superbowls. I would just rather not have to play them in the superbowl; it would get ugly.

Go Bills...Any records beats 2-14. Go DJ & MV! Intelligence and character beat brawn and size anytime.

My first name is John and I retired from the Air Force and live in Minnesota. The picture is a Minuteman III launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, one of many in which I participated in guidance system accuracy verifications.

Thank you, Airman.

Few today remember the hair-trigger days of yore, the CD shelters, and so forth.

What does my name mean? I don't know, my name is Jim...ask my parents.

Reminds me of a scene from Top Secret.

Nick: Hilary, that's a lovely name. What does it mean?

Hilary: She whose busoms defy gravity.

Long uncomfortable silence

Hilary: Nick, that's a strange name, what does it mean.

Nick: I don't know, my dad thought of it while shaving.

I hate handles on message boards, but I do realize the wisdom of not necessarily using your real name.

I chose "The Avenger" because it seems mysterious in a cliche way, like the old radio shows of the 40s - "Who is that mysterious man? Why, he's The Avenger!" [insert dramatic music here]

My name is swahili for "Pretty Pink Hair Ribbon"

Wow. I was way off. I thought Sketch was foreign for "Sarcasm without humor" and Soland meant " 1.)Standing up for those in authority without rhyme nor reason and ... 2.)personally attacking those who dare criticize a team that hasn't made the playoffs in a decade

Well mine is pretty obvious. When I first signed up, I never figured it'd take... I mean you can never get dan as a username - anywhere. Surprise, surprise, I guess i was the first one here or the only one that lacked any originality. Either way I just kept it. If dan would have been taken I would have gotten a little and creative it would have been something along the lines of tickpicker or culicidae or something like that.

Wow. I was way off. I thought Sketch was foreign for "Sarcasm without humor" and Soland meant " 1.)Standing up for those in authority without rhyme nor reason and ... 2.)personally attacking those who dare criticize a team that hasn't made the playoffs in a decade

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch, my friend 0:)

I "attack" ill-conceived logic and formulations, not people. If I get a little excited about it, it is only because some people go to extremes with it and that annoys me. Perhaps that is my conceit but I acknowledge this. You are way too sensitive. How could I personally attack someone on an internet forum? I know NOTHING ABOUT ANY OF YOU LOL!

Please respond to this post http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=941328

if you would like to engage in further discussion....

Please tell me what is so unreasonable about that response, and by unreasonable, of course, i only mean does not show a reasoned perspective.