MS WALK 2007 - May 6th

rockpile

Yup, Rockpile with the happy feet is walking the walk again this year to raise money to try to find a cure for multiple sclerosis. :devil:

Many of you know I have MS, which is one reason I walk. (self-serving bastid :lol:)

My personal MS treatment has changed from giving myself daily shots of Copaxone to getting monthly infusions of Tysabri, a more aggressive treatment which is keeping my MS "stable", almost 11 years after my initial diagnosis.

Hell, I am almost a normal human being! :lol:

What is multiple sclerosis?

MS is an unpredictable disease that attacks the central nervous system. Symptoms range from mild numbness in the limbs to the severities of paralysis or blindness. The cause of MS is unknown and researchers are working to find a cure.

MS is different for each person, so there is no single category or label that does justice to his or her experience.

This year once again my fantastic family and friends will walk the 10K with me. Our current theme is "Send Me On My Way", after the upbeat song by Rusted Root.

From 2002 to 2005, we collected donations of about $1,600 total.

Last year was a Super Bowl year - 2006 total alone was $1,020 !!!

MOST OF THESE FUNDS WERE RAISED RIGHT HERE AT TWO BILLS DRIVE!

This year we raised the bar and the team is shooting for $1,500.

If you are so inclined, I would appreciate any donation you care to make. NO amount is too small (or too large, heh).

If nothing else, check out my web page (really neat special team picture there) and wish me luck!

Click here to Send Me On My Way!

Also, good buddy Fezmid is generously repeating his DVD offer. I have a few of these myself - they are terrific.

As some may know, I have a bunch of Bills DVDs available to TSW members. click here for info

Well, if you want to donate to Rockpile, but want some Bills DVDs as well, here's a deal for you:

If people want to contribute to Rockpile, but also want some DVDs, and are torn between the two, you can do both at once. Pick 4 DVDs for $25 (or 8 DVDs for $50), and all $25 (or $50) will go to Rockpile (ie: I'll eat the shipping costs and the media).

You can either pay me directly via PayPal or check (see the thread linked above) and I'll send the money on to Rockpile at the end, or you can contact him for payment information and he can forward the DVD request to me after he receives your pledge. Either way works.

If anyone's interested, PM me.

CW

peace,

Rockpile

Note: Make sure you select "Support Tom (Rockpile)" about half way down the right side under the picture if you want to sponsor me and my team. The MS links at the top sponsor the MS Society directly, which is also cool!

Two day total is already $210 :devil:

Can someone please tell me how a thread titled "Who farted" is still on Page 1 but a thread from a huge Bills fan battling MS ends up on page freaking 3?

Hey Rock, I've been swamped of late, but I'm curious: what's the count so far relative to last year and how much time is left before the walk? We need to blow away last year's number, so let's get this gig back on track.

Can someone please tell me how a thread titled "Who farted" is still on Page 1 but a thread from a huge Bills fan battling MS ends up on page freaking 3?

Hey Rock, I've been swamped of late, but I'm curious: what's the count so far relative to last year and how much time is left before the walk? We need to blow away last year's number, so let's get this gig back on track.

Current donation total is $385 since Monday. The event is May 6th - SEVEN more weeks to reach our goal before the walk. (tick, tock, tick, tock)

MY THANKS TO SOME VERY GENEROUS HUMANS ! :lol:

We are off to a good start but a long way from last year's $1,000 and farther from this year's goal of $1,500.

I am putting some prizes up "lottery" style next week. Some will be by MY choice, some by drawing, some by size of donation.

The prizes will include those who already sponsored me, to be fair.

Some examples:

Signed cards by Thurman, Bruce, Darryl and many more.

Signed copies of hardcovers by Marv and Steve Tasker.

Unsigned hardcovers by Jim Kelly, or Bills related.

Various magazines, yearbooks, media guides.. some signed.

A specially designed thank you note from the "Rockpile" with a very cool logo.

There will be more as I look over my "stash".

OK, I am bribing you now. What do I have to do, FART? :thumbsup:

Rock

Hey Rock...how's the count going to date?

We are at 42%

That is $635 with a goal of $1500 - Woo-Hoo! ;)

No bribe required. Hope you have good weather.

A list of bribes will be posted tonight.

FIRST lottery drawing will be tomorrow night, so get your bribes in now - it is for a good cause! <_<

Prize example:

Thurman Thomas 1990 Score "Ground Force" card - AUTOGRAPHED

MS WALK "Lottery" results - 3/23/2007

This week's winner is Golden Wheels !

You can choose a signed Bills Sports card featuring either Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed or Darryl Talley.

Pick one and send me your snail mail address, GW.

There will be more prizes and THREE more lotteries next week, so keep checking back.

Current donations are $760 and I really need your help to make or beat my goal of $1500!

All you need to do is donate at least $10 to be eligible for the lottery.

If you already donated, and have not won, you are still eligible for a Bills related prize.

Yo, Rock. What's the count these days?

$810 collected - 54% of the goal!!

It is going well and we have 5 weeks to get $690.

Lottery Update:

Week One Winner: Golden Wheels

Week Two: Next drawing will be Saturday - THERE WILL BE THREE WINNERS!

Anyone who has contributed since day one, sponsors me for at least $10, AND has not won yet is eligible.

Make it easy and sponsor me on line - to be in the lottery I must have your donation - not a pledge - BY MIDNIGHT SATURDAY MARCH 31st.

Mrs Rock will draw the lottery winners and one associated prize each.

Winners will be announced (no fooling) On April 1st.

Prize List (one of the following):

Cards:

Darryl Talley 1990 NFL Pro Set - autographed

Andre Reed 1986 Topps - autographed

Books:

Armed and Dangerous - Kim Kelly

Where Else Would You Rather Be? - Marv Levy - autographed

Steve Tasker's Tales From the Buffalo Bills Steve Tasker - autographed

By A Nose - Fred Smerlas - autographed

The Buffalo Bills and the Almost Perfect Season - Vic Carucci (used library book in VG condition)

Media Guides: 1989, 1990, 1995, 1998, 2000

April 1st donations are $885.00 (14 sponsors)

A very sincere thanks to all! :thumbsup:

GOAL: $1,500

LOTTERY WINNERS TO DATE:

3/23/07 Golden Wheels Thurman Thomas, 1990 Score "Ground Force", autographed

3/31/07 Mile High Andre Reed, 1986 Topps, autographed

3/31/07 Possum Where Else Would You Rather Be? - Marv Levy - autographed

3/31/07 AiO Steve Tasker's Tales From the Buffalo Bills - Steve Tasker - autographed

I will be adding to the prize list and will have another drawing Saturday at midnight!

Prize List (one of the following):

Cards:

Darryl Talley 1990 NFL Pro Set - autographed

Books:

Armed and Dangerous - Kim Kelly

By A Nose - Fred Smerlas - autographed

The Buffalo Bills and the Almost Perfect Season - Vic Carucci (used library book in VG condition)

Media Guides (set): 1989, 1990, 1995, 1998, 2000

:) WE ARE OVER $1,000! :(

What a way to start a Monday!

Here is a bonus...

To help reach my goal of $1,500 - an anonymous TBD poster has agreed to match any TBD donation dollar-for-dollar up to $250.

With a bit more help from you, the goal will be net.

You folks make me proud. :blink:

It's almost Friday, Rock. Let's keep this thing going.

I don't know - I think we hit a wall. :wallbash:

I will add a couple things to the "lottery" tomorrow, to sweeten the pot, but the bottom line is we still need your help!

Yesterday "Pebbles" and her boyfriend kicked in $75. That is what two twenty-one year olds managed to scrape together. Heck, she is working two jobs just to pay her bills.

Every one who sponsors me makes my step a little lighter! :wallbash:

My sincere thanks to all who have been able to help so far.

If you have been thinking about it, but have not gotten around to it - take the plunge and click on the link in my sig now!

thenk yew,

Rock

As of 10:40pm, you are at $1515.00, 101% to goal!

(not sure why my name isn't showing up on the scrolling list, but not going to lose sleep over it B-) )

Congrats to Rockpile and props to the people of TSW! Theres still time to go, why not raise the bar a bit?