never mind

georg793

WSMV.com

Nothing reported there. Bogus report. Nothing better to do eh?

Relax. While I am not going to believe this until I personally see it or hear it, the fact that it is not on the webpage does not mean its not true. Do you think they immediatly update their webpage as soon as a story breaks? Doubtful...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Relax. While I am not going to believe this until I personally see it or hear it, the fact that it is not on the webpage does not mean its not true. Do you think they immediatly update their webpage as soon as a story breaks? Doubtful...

Way to much $ to believe. Contract is outrageous for a player who hasn't played a complete season in 2 years.

Im going to defer to the poster on this one, it has been reported that a chris brown signing has been imminent for quite sometime now... and it isn't far fetched to believe that Marv would hand out a ridiculous contract to a player that hasnt quite earned it yet.... that being said, local news teams have been know to jump at rumors like this and pass them off as fact, that number seems to be a bit high and is likely a fabrication by the news team or an asking price being floated around by the brown camp.

CHris brown is going to sign with the bills tommarow. 6 yrs 47.5 and 14 million signing bonus

If you're going to post BS, at least make it credible. If you had said 4 years 7.5 million with a 1.4 million bonus, we might believe you. Now you sleep with the fishes with Soprano in terms of credibilty. If the story really was on the news, I'd guess my #s are more accurate & the guy read it wrong. I don't know where the 6 came from, but the 4 in 47.5 was the years, the 7.5 in 47.5 was the $ and they lost a decimal between the 1 & 4 in 14.

Im going to defer to the poster on this one, it has been reported that a chris brown signing has been imminent for quite sometime now... and it isn't far fetched to believe that Marv would hand out a ridiculous contract to a player that hasnt quite earned it yet.... that being said, local news teams have been know to jump at rumors like this and pass them off as fact, that number seems to be a bit high and is likely a fabrication by the news team or an asking price being floated around by the brown camp.

Pretty sure it's BS. Nothing on KFFL or any of the other rumor sites. Consider the poster.

CHris brown is going to sign with the bills tommarow. 6 yrs 47.5 and 14 million signing bonus

1) I hope the first part is true. If healthy, Chris Brown is a big-time runner--the guy averages something like 6 ypc. I'll take the risk on his health.

2) The last part must be wrong. Considering that Travis Henry got 5 years/$12 mill from the Broncos, I don't think a deal for Brown would be more than that.

the bills havent done a signing bonus contract this year, why would they now?

Guaranteed is what they been doing. so right now their like 9-11 million under, i think :-S

please no one quote me on that, im only guessing.

it would have been believable if dude said w/ a Guarantee of 14 mil. IDK i guess we'll see for sure tomorrow if he's lying or not.

the kids arent talking about it over on the official site, and usually they pick up on this stuff pretty quick, so i guess this rumor is false.

good, because i was hoping the bills were going to draft a RB anyway, rookies are a hell of a lot cheaper

the bills havent done a signing bonus contract this year, why would they now?

Guaranteed is what they been doing. so right now their like 9-11 million under, i think :-S

please no one quote me on that, im only guessing.

it would have been believable if dude said w/ a Guarantee of 14 mil. IDK i guess we'll see for sure tomorrow if he's lying or not.

I believe Dockery was recieved a signing bonus.

2 KFFL notes that make me doubt this

1) He is actively seeking out the Colts

Colts | Brown interested in team?

Sun, 11 Mar 2007 05:34:30 -0800

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports free agent RB Chris Brown (Titans) may try to make contact with the Indianapolis Colts early this week, according to a league source. Brown would replace departed RB Dominic Rhodes (Raiders).

2) He is considering a 1 year deal with Tennesee so he can make more money next year

Titans | Brown could return to team

Sun, 11 Mar 2007 05:32:49 -0800

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports free agent RB Chris Brown (Titans) expects to receive a multi-year contract offer from one of the several teams he has met with, according to a league source. However, another alternative could have Brown re-signing with the Tennessee Titans to a one-year deal loaded with incentives and then hit the market again in 2008. Brown would potentially be able to earn more on that type of deal if he were to beat out RB LenDale White for the starting job.

Smells Fishy. I wouldnt mind signing him to an incentive laden one year deal here....but certainlly not 47M