Ted Ginn

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the Bills have needs, I know they need a big receiver for the red zone. I know. But watch the Youtube highlights. They could use a receiver. If you go best player available, biggest impact.....Maybe I'm high.

yes you are

It is true. I have read that many of the scouts and personnel guys left the combine thinking that the best football player there was Ginn but that he would not go number one overall because no one needs a WR that badly.

This video is sick. Ginn scored on long passes, short passes over the middle that he turns into huge TDs, WR screens, end-arounds, reverses, amazing punt returns and kickoff returns. Oh, he even scores when he lines up at QB and runs it.

It is true. I have read that many of the scouts and personnel guys left the combine thinking that the best football player there was Ginn but that he would not go number one overall because no one needs a WR that badly.

This video is sick. Ginn scored on long passes, short passes over the middle that he turns into huge TDs, WR screens, end-arounds, reverses, amazing punt returns and kickoff returns. Oh, he even scores when he lines up at QB and runs it.

Thanks for posting that.

I can't claim my reaction is rational, but what I saw wasn't rational either. I mean UNTOUCHED! I don't get to see the dropped passes etc, but whoa! It's fun just to appreciate these plays strung together. These highlights are as good as Reggie Bush. I mean Troy Smith owes him in a BIG way for the Heisman.

He is operating in a different time/speed dimension than the other guys on the field, it's focking cosmic, just like the world is slower for Korean ping-pong players.

Just a gamebreaker.

Could have Deion Sanders type impact on games. (Please don't hate on Deion right now, I know his faults, but sometimes he could just break a game wide open)

I think he would have alot more catches if he didn't score on the returns so often. Really.

Ginn is an incredible athlete I just dont know how good a WR he is...he is obviously a great return man, you can see that but why were his returns most of his highlights???

he can obviously run fly patterns but how well is he gonna be able to fight to get off the line of scrimmage...he is awesome in the open field but what about in traffic

Anyone know what he ran at the combine. After watching the video I wouldn't be surprised if it was 4.0. He literally looked twice as fast as everyone around him. The dude's part Cheetah!

You are so right. He just ran by everyone, even blowing past other WRs who were trying to block for him. Word is he runs a 40 in about 4.28. But he didn't run at the combine as he is just finishing up his recovery from the crazy injury in the national championship. He had just returned the opening kickoff 90+ yards when one of his teammates landed on him or something celebrating. I think that injury was no small part in Ohio State's inability to get things going after that.

Ginn is an incredible athlete I just dont know how good a WR he is...he is obviously a great return man, you can see that but why were his returns most of his highlights???

he can obviously run fly patterns but how well is he gonna be able to fight to get off the line of scrimmage

I don't know. I just know he gets the ball, runs past everybody on the field on his way to the endzone. As far as in traffic, he looked to me like a deer crossing a 7-lane freeway at rush hour (and making it across). He has amazing field vision and running instincts ("Untouchable"), and that is transferable to the pros.

I have no idea how good of a pro he will be, or how he would best be used, but if you can get the ball into his hands he seems almost magical.

I can't answer your question, and I think it is a good one.

We'll probably have to watch some other team figure it out.

he can obviously run fly patterns but how well is he gonna be able to fight to get off the line of scrimmage...he is awesome in the open field but what about in traffic

Yeah, that was my impression too. Not only that but when I watched OSU play 4-5 times this year it was always Gonzalez that made the big catch/play in the passing game when the Buckeyes needed it, not Ginn.

Yeah, that was my impression too. Not only that but when I watched OSU play 4-5 times this year it was always Gonzalez that made the big catch/play in the passing game when the Buckeyes needed it, not Ginn.

exactaly I always came away with the impression after watching OSU that gonzalez was a more complete wr. Yeah ginn can fly with some scary speed. His route running isn't all that good. He's a devin hester type player only with an actual position and someone will draft him higher then he should go for his speed alone.

WOW! never really been a Ginn fan because I am a Wolverines Fan....but that was incredible.....I don't think anyone could put together a better highlight package than that.....this guy is a game breaker not just on offence but special teams as well.....in my books he would look good in a bills uniform....how could you cover both he an Evans?

GO BILLS!

Oh my gosh, that guy is a blaze! It's not inconceivable for Marv to consider Ginn. As we all know, Marv is a big advocate for STs and with us now being dangerously thin in the secondary Ginn may be a good alternative for McGee as KR. We sure can't afford to have McGee get hurt. Could you imagine Ginn and Roscoe as KRs and then either one for PRs?!

High Motor has a point about him being Hesterisque. This is a copycat league and right now that's a hot flavor. People are worried about losing MaGahee but there is other ways to score too.

Furthermore, picture this guy in a 3 or 4 WR set. How does this line-up sound, Evans, Price, Ginn, and Rosco? Can't teach speed, JP has got a cannon and we would have 3 or 4 WRs that could stretch the WHOLE field.

The best part is, we could slide back a couple of spots and pick up extra pick(s) and probably still get this guy. Thanks for the video highlights, it was great.