Dawgg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i dunno- i thought he was worth more than a couple of 3rds and a 7th

While we all have had our opinions and have speculated a great deal on this subject, In the end, the results say loud and clear what the Bills organization thought of Willis. They didn't want him as a Bill.

I can now refer to him as Failus McGahee!

Can NOT wait until we play them this year, that'll be a hell of a bloodbath when Crowell lays the #1 JACKED. UP. on him. Also can't wait to hear that NFL films music that they play and I have no clue what it's called... (DUNT, Duh, nuh DUNT, DUNT DUNT, Duh, nuh, duhnuhnuhnahnah nuh nah nuh, duhnuhnuhnah nuh nuh, neer Neer NEER dunnuh nuh nah nuh nuh nahnuh, dududunah dunt dunt dah dun duuuuuuuuh.)

Yes, I just tried explaining how it sounds through text.

Im sorry I'm not excited about this deal. Mark my words, Mcgahee will have a career year for Baltimore. And what did we get? A LOW 3rd rounder and a 7th rounder, and probably another low 3rd rounder next year? How can Wes Welker and Thomas Jones' fetch you a 2nd rounder but McGahee can't manage that? If we sign Corey Dillon i'll kill myself, you know things are bad if your almost hoping Chris Brown comes to play. And on top of this huge hole we now have at RB, we still need loads of help at CB, LB, DL, WR, TE......I love the Bills and always will but this is hard to swallow, I get the whole "Get 3 picks for a guy who wouldnt be here next year anyways" but who's to say that? McGahee said he would have liked to stay if the price was right, I swear, if we give some bum FA runner a contract somewhat to as much as Willis gets from the Ravens I'm done

Marv and the Bills brass crushed Baltimore in this transaction.

From Baltimore's point of view....2 thirds and a 7th for a guy whose knee is on borrowed time? You could get a 235lb guy with 4.33 speed in the draft for 1 third round pick...Chris Henry. Although his stock is rising.

Plus, McGahee is going to cost Balt a lot more against the cap. Ouch, two 1st day picks for a 1 to 2 yr loaner...

Look I think Arizona's Chris Henry is a hell of a specimen, but despite all of his size and speed, he's done nothing in his college career that would make anyone think he'll be better than Willis, say what you want about his YPC watch the games, he didn't exactly have enormous holes to run through. Us Bills fans, pff, spoiled by Thurman's greatness? We've now run out of town two good RBs(Travis Henry, Willis) who at the time we all ripped apart as being overrated and blah blah. I really hope this deal works out

I get the whole "Get 3 picks for a guy who wouldnt be here next year anyways" but who's to say that? McGahee said he would have liked to stay if the price was right, I swear, if we give some bum FA runner a contract somewhat to as much as Willis gets from the Ravens I'm done

:rolleyes:

Look I think Arizona's Chris Henry is a hell of a specimen, but despite all of his size and speed, he's done nothing in his college career that would make anyone think he'll be better than Willis, say what you want about his YPC watch the games, he didn't exactly have enormous holes to run through. Us Bills fans, pff, spoiled by Thurman's greatness? We've now run out of town two good RBs(Travis Henry, Willis) who at the time we all ripped apart as being overrated and blah blah. I really hope this deal works out

Not saying he will or won't be better than Willis. What I am saying is that if you are a D-1 player for a major university and you have sick physical skills...it usually translates quite nicely to the NFL. No one really paid much attention to guy's like Tatum Bell, Mike Bell or even Dominic Rhodes coming out of college but they are solid players. There are many more than just those three.

One good bit of news is that Willis will be slightly less motivated not being in a contract year after the extension, so I'm less worried about him exploding (although I still think he will have a very good year). The 7th is close to worthless because it is like three picks before UFA, and the 2008 3rd is worthless this year.

So looking at this in the short run it will be hard to have a 3rd rounder be more valuable than Willis. But since his cap hit is also off the books, a third rounder plus a free agent signing could make us a better team or close to it especially when you factor in the babymommas-torontopenthouse-underachiver-pickedbeforelarryjohnson-illiterate-workoutskipping nature.

Bills character got better today. 2008+ Bills got better today. Remains to be seen with the low 3rd round pick and the cap space/free agents whether the 2007 Bills got better or not. I think there are some free agent backs out there who could sign and help close that gap and make this a good move. I might be in the minority, but I like Corey Dillon's upside in particular.

Someone needs to tell those Ravens fans over at there home that Willis is not LT.

Its like a party has erupted over there.

They obviously don't go to the right boards for Bills fans because there saying that our fan boards are ghost towns. Yeah okay..........

They also are saying that Willis doesn't dance like Jamal did lol. And Ozzie Newsome was talking about Willis being a good pass blocker. Are they talking about the same Willis we know?

Someone needs to tell those Ravens fans over at there home that Willis is not LT.

Its like a party has erupted over there.

They obviously don't go to the right boards for Bills fans because there saying that our fan boards are ghost towns. Yeah okay..........

They also are saying that Willis doesn't dance like Jamal did lol. And Ozzie Newsome was talking about Willis being a good pass blocker. Are they talking about the same Willis we know?

The first part of this quote from Ozzie also made me laugh...

"This is a runner who can make people miss [tackles] and has the explosion and speed to take it the distance,"