Thomas Jones to Jets

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jets fans appear to be fretting though that the team hasn't had a very active offseason. This is the first major move of their offseason program.

very true, but they shouldn't complain too much.. that is a huge move for a team that has a young offensive line (built in part last year) and a very well coached team. We are !@#$ if we don't get some help up the middle of our defense.

no link. just saw it on sportcenter

oh, for a SWAP of 2nd round picks

big whoop. more of the same for them. he's a washington clone: small, relatively fast runner who's not exceptionally talented as a receiver or pass blocker. lacking in short yardage situations given lack of size. if anything they needed a power back dillon-type who could show defenses a different look and pound the ball in short yardage situations. they could have also gotten dillon for nothing. who's to say what they lose by moving lower in the draft?

this strikes me as one of the more stupid things they could have done unless they know washington is a lot worse than everyone else thinks he is.

I had Thomas Jones on my fantasy team last year so watched him play A LOT and paid very close attention. He is a good, NOT GREAT running back. He helps the Jets but is not a difference maker in my book. No big deal from this perspective.

Exactly right. Jones is a fine RB. Not great. It's a fair trade. I'd expect more for McGahee than to move up so slots.

Yeah, because they didnt just spend the 4th overall pick on a RB 2 years ago.

For starters, Briggs for McGahee would never....ever....happen, but Benson has shown almost nothing in Chicago. He's been injured and hasn't been able to carry the load. I only saw a few games this season, but every time I saw Benson in he was screwing something up.

Right after the Super Bowl Jones said he wanted to be on the team anymore and asked to be traded. Chicago isn't trading just because they have all sorts of faith in Benson. IMO, they will be be looking for another RB, though I would guess they use the draft and that new second rounder to find a partner for Benson.

How many think Michael Bush now drops to the Bills in RD#2, pick #43?

Most mocks had him going to the Jets with pick 37.

i think this move sets up a slide of a lot of RBs back from the 2nd into the 3rd.

kenny irons was pretty sure he was going to the jets 6 weeks ago.

i doubt that happens now. we may now be able to grab a good RB in the 3rd as a steal, much like Youboty last year...