Thomas Jones to Jets

Jones was traded by the Bears' along with their second-round pick (63rd overall) in the 2007 draft to the Jets for New York's second-round pick (37th pick) in this year's draft.

Sounds like they raped the Bears to me.They get Thomas and still have 2 picks in 2nd rnd.

Some on this thread referred to him as small. The dude is 5'10" 225 and strong as hell.

He is a serious upgrade from Kevin Barlow and Cedric Houston.

He has been a pretty nice reciever and had 1 fumble last year.

He should pair well with Leon Washington who is fast, elusive and talented but is not an every down back.

He destroyed N.O. in the playoffs and ran for over 100yds in the S.B.

As a Jet fan I think Tannenbaum pulled off a nice deal.

Improvement without giving much at all.

BTW Congrats,looks like Bills have done a real good job improving the O-Line.

Willis (if he is still around) should go for over 200 Vs. NYJ now.

Phil

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brought to you by the Chicago Bears board...

Akuma2000:

"I'd say Benson was our best offensive weapon, when he was in the backfield the play action was better and Rex got sacked alot less.

The Bears original 2nd rd pick was 59th if not mistaken (i'll check and correct), they still come out the winner with a high 2nd rd pick at 37th."

SlipScreen:

"Please for the love of god pull your mouth away from bensons nuts"

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/2/39...ShowThread.aspx

My guess is Slipscreen's not pleased with this trade.

Brought to you by the Chicago Bears board...

Akuma2000:

"I'd say Benson was our best offensive weapon, when he was in the backfield the play action was better and Rex got sacked alot less.

The Bears original 2nd rd pick was 59th if not mistaken (i'll check and correct), they still come out the winner with a high 2nd rd pick at 37th."

SlipScreen:

"Please for the love of god pull your mouth away from bensons nuts"

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/2/39...ShowThread.aspx

My guess is Slipscreen's not pleased with this trade.

I used to live in Chicago(twice) and still have many family and friends there.

The Chicago fans are split on who they like better-some like Benson, some like Jones.

What does seem universal is the Bears players really support Thomas Jones strongly and Benson is not well liked in the locker room.

Check the SunTimes and Tribune web sites tomorrow and take notice of the players comments. They will not be pleased.

Jones was traded by the Bears' along with their second-round pick (63rd overall) in the 2007 draft to the Jets for New York's second-round pick (37th pick) in this year's draft.

Sounds like they raped the Bears to me.They get Thomas and still have 2 picks in 2nd rnd.

Some on this thread referred to him as small. The dude is 5'10" 225 and strong as hell.

He is a serious upgrade from Kevin Barlow and Cedric Houston.

He has been a pretty nice reciever and had 1 fumble last year.

He should pair well with Leon Washington who is fast, elusive and talented but is not an every down back.

He destroyed N.O. in the playoffs and ran for over 100yds in the S.B.

As a Jet fan I think Tannenbaum pulled off a nice deal.

Improvement without giving much at all.

BTW Congrats,looks like Bills have done a real good job improving the O-Line.

Willis (if he is still around) should go for over 200 Vs. NYJ now.

Phil

As much as I hate to say it, it was a great trade for the Jets. I don't know what so many teams give up on Jones. The guy was the 5th overall pick so it's not like he has talent.

Personally if I was the Bears, I would have given up on Benson. There are a lot of questions about his character and Jones just always looks like the better back.

Of course, TJ is no Blair Thomas. :rolleyes:

I used to live in Chicago(twice) and still have many family and friends there.

The Chicago fans are split on who they like better-some like Benson, some like Jones.

What does seem universal is the Bears players really support Thomas Jones strongly and Benson is not well liked in the locker room.

Check the SunTimes and Tribune web sites tomorrow and take notice of the players comments. They will not be pleased.

Sounds like the Willis-Henry situation. Teams, especially, linemen loved playing with Travis.

But of course, Willis looked better in pads. Style over substance. :rolleyes:

Make fun of the Jets all ya want for picking him up BUT the bottom line is he will make the Jets a better offensive team. Excellent move for the NY Jets.

And all they did was swap their 2nd rounders. The Jets gave the 2nd round pick that they acquired from the Redskins last year. They still have their own 2nd rounder.

Mike and Mike were mentioning that the trade was equivalent to a 3rd round pick, based on the points for each pick.

Good deal for the Jets. They get a good back to replace Curtis Martin. What are the other needs of the Jets ? They discovered a gem at the WR spot in Cotchery. I guess they might go DE, TE....Suddenly the Jets look like a team with not too many holes.