Q. POS Mike Williams and Jacksonville...?

fbzh2

The last I heard was that that POS Mike Williams screwed Jacksonville too. After making the team he had another “injury” and the Jags eventually put his sorry a$$ on IR.

Did the POS ever play a game for them? Did they come to an injury settlement or do they still own his rights? And is there any team in the NFL or world for that matter that would be foolish enough to sign him, unless it was for Chief Donut Tester… No self respecting man would have done what he did. What a POS. :blink:

What is his status with the NFL?

The last I heard was that that POS Mike Williams screwed Jacksonville too. After making the team he had another “injury” and the Jags eventually put his sorry a$$ on IR.

Did the POS ever play a game for them? Did they come to an injury settlement or do they still own his rights? And is there any team in the NFL or world for that matter that would be foolish enough to sign him, unless it was for Chief Donut Tester… No self respecting man would have done what he did. What a POS. :blink:

What is his status with the NFL?

me thinks he is out of the league. I think Jax actually cut him prior to the 06 season opener

He may be a POS, but apparently, Dockery talked to him about playing in Buffalo (they were college teammates at Texas) and Williams raved to him about Buffalo, and the fans....

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070...?tbd1069157.asp

A bad tackle doesnt make for a bad man

He may be a POS, but apparently, Dockery talked to him about playing in Buffalo (they were college teammates at Texas) and Williams raved to him about Buffalo, and the fans....

Thanks....too bad some of Dockery's play attitude didn't rub off on him. He might have been still around.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070...?tbd1069157.asp

I'd sure say nice things about Fort Knox and the Fort Knoxians if they gave me a big pile of gold a while back... :blink:

A bad tackle doesnt make for a bad man

I have met Williams a number of times, through my job....he is a great guy, maybe one of the nicest guys to come through UT in the last number of years. I was thrilled when the Bills drafted him, and disappointed that it didn't work out. If there was one knock on him in college, there were always questions about his "desire" to play football. I guess those concerns were warrented. Maybe nice just doesn't cut it.

Strange thing is, right before his last season in Buffalo, I talked with him, and he was very pumped about the upcoming season, and looked like he had been doing some serious conditioning. Honestly, I know he was not as dominant as you would expect for where he was picked, but I never thought he was as bad as the experts here made him out to be. If he hadn't had the humungous salary (which I realize he was not worthy of), I don't think he would have been cut.

I have met Williams a number of times, through my job....he is a great guy, maybe one of the nicest guys to come through UT in the last number of years. I was thrilled when the Bills drafted him, and disappointed that it didn't work out. Maybe nice just doesn't cut it. Strange thing is, right before his last season in Buffalo, I talked with him, and he was very pumped about the upcoming season, and looked like he had been doing some serious conditioning. Honestly, I know he was not as dominant as you would expect for where he was picked, but I never thought he was as bad as the experts here made him out to be. If he hadn't had the humungous salary (which I realize he was not worthy of), I don't think he would have been cut.

“He was not intrinsically motivated”- Marv Levy

I have met Williams a number of times, through my job....he is a great guy, maybe one of the nicest guys to come through UT in the last number of years. I was thrilled when the Bills drafted him, and disappointed that it didn't work out. If there was one knock on him in college, there were always questions about his "desire" to play football. I guess those concerns were warrented. Maybe nice just doesn't cut it.

Strange thing is, right before his last season in Buffalo, I talked with him, and he was very pumped about the upcoming season, and looked like he had been doing some serious conditioning. Honestly, I know he was not as dominant as you would expect for where he was picked, but I never thought he was as bad as the experts here made him out to be. If he hadn't had the humungous salary (which I realize he was not worthy of), I don't think he would have been cut.

Exactly his play, his draft status and his salary were intertwined....he wasnt a terrible linemen...Just wasnt good enough for that huge contract....

If he was drafted in the 3rd round...He would still be here playing RT

A fair assesment I would say!

I shouldn’t have been so personal with the POS moniker on him- but I was always so frustrated with his play…..and the high hopes we had for him with the team.

He wasn't even the best RT on the Jaguars named M Williams.

Maurice Williams played virtually every down at RT for the Jags last year.

Our M Williams was put on "Injured Reserve" in August.

I don't think he ever played a down in Jax.

Injured Reserve Posting

NFL.com's player page does not list him as a Jag - or a member of any other squad.

Looks like the (Tampa Bay) Buc stopped there. :blink:

He wasn't even the best RT on the Jaguars named M Williams.

Maurice Williams played virtually every down at RT for the Jags last year.

Our M Williams was put on "Injured Reserve" in August.

I don't think he ever played a down in Jax.

Injured Reserve Posting

NFL.com's player page does not list him as a Jag - or a member of any other squad.

Looks like the (Tampa Bay) Buc stopped there. :blink:

Thanks for the info...

You would think for millions and millions of dollars Big Mike would put down the cheesburgers and work out like he was on "The Biggest Loser" (after all they only win like $500,000. Sad. Maybe Dr. Phil could have helped him. <_<

Money isn't a motivator for everyone.

He was not cut he was just put on IR. And go easy on the guy. He is actually a very nice guy, soft spoken but very nice if you've ever met him. Don't let your displeasure with his play make you actually hate the guy. With all the bad athletes out there like Pacman you sit there and spew hatred against a guy who never had any run-ins with the law, was married, bought a home in OP with his wife and kids. Going overboard like that gives Bills' fans a bad rap. Ease off on the personal attacks---and hey, he did play very well for one season and okay for another--just not Pro Bowl material for what you thought you'd get with the 4th overall pick. But look at McKinney and Gallery as well--although Mckinnie played better of late he is in no way the dominant lineman he was made out to be.

He was not cut he was just put on IR. And go easy on the guy. He is actually a very nice guy, soft spoken but very nice if you've ever met him. Don't let your displeasure with his play make you actually hate the guy. With all the bad athletes out there like Pacman you sit there and spew hatred against a guy who never had any run-ins with the law, was married, bought a home in OP with his wife and kids. Going overboard like that gives Bills' fans a bad rap. Ease off on the personal attacks---and hey, he did play very well for one season and okay for another--just not Pro Bowl material for what you thought you'd get with the 4th overall pick. But look at McKinney and Gallery as well--although Mckinnie played better of late he is in no way the dominant lineman he was made out to be.

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/article...uars200606.html

You would think for millions and millions of dollars Big Mike would put down the cheesburgers and work out like he was on "The Biggest Loser" (after all they only win like $500,000. Sad. Maybe Dr. Phil could have helped him. <_<

<_< -MW