Oh yes, support our troops™

This was the Washington Post article on the "Other Walter Reed" where injured soldiers, casualties of the Iraq war, have suffered extreme difficulties in getting care after serving this country.

An example of how good our wounded heroes have it:

Lost paperwork for new uniforms has forced some soldiers to attend their own Purple Heart ceremonies and the official birthday party for the Army in gym clothes, only to be chewed out by superiors.

It gets worse. The treatment of amputees and people suffering severe psychological issues post-war has been laughable. Plenty of suicides to go round. Yes, our government and our military support these heroes. *cough cough*

Meanwhile, those at the top promise 'the best of care,' have the gall to accuse others of not supporting these guys, and meanwhile get top-notch medical care themselves. I'm sorry, I've sooo had it with these hypocrites. Apparently this will go 'under review' with the goal of changes. I'm sure that more bureacratic turnings of the wheel are just what these guys need. :lol:

I'm sure in the end the real story here will turn out to be that the Washington Post is bad for reporting this.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet you clowns still want the government in charge of all health care. THINK ABOUT IT.

Personally, I certainly don't want all of government to be in charge of health care.

What I've always wondered is: Why we don't advocate a middle ground? - A public and private health care system. Kind of a combination of the US and Canada.

We would catch the people in the bottom without health insurance, yet still allow for a market based initiative to compete.

Whats wrong with this?

Personally, I certainly don't want all of government to be in charge of health care.

What I've always wondered is: Why we don't advocate a middle ground? - A public and private health care system. Kind of a combination of the US and Canada.

We would catch the people in the bottom without health insurance, yet still allow for a market based initiative to compete.

Whats wrong with this?

I'm sold.

Nice detailed explanation. It sounds just like Medicaid only better.

Yet you clowns still want the government in charge of all health care. THINK ABOUT IT.

But government health care would be run by the DEMOCRATS. Walter Reed is the REPUBLICAN'S fault. So it's different.

By the way...anyone ever heard of BRAC? Nah...that can't have anything to do with Walter Reed... :wallbash:

I have. Brac Osama is the black dude going against Hillary Clinton who just shaved her head and went into rehab in Aruba.

:wallbash:

Hillary shaved her head? I must have missed something, the last I heard she was a frozen corpse and some nutty judge was trying to figure out where to bury her

One of the things I enjoy watching on TV occasionally is the Prime Minister's questions sessions on CSPAN. I don't think it's ANY coincidence they typically spend 3/4ths of the question time addressing FUNDING of the National Health in the UK. It's an abomination, ask anyone in the UK who has to wait two weeks just to get to SEE a doctor.

That's what the lefties want here. Unlimited wait times, poor service, but for EVERYBODY. Because that would be fair. *chortles*

I worked with an English guy. He said he had an infected toe and called the National Health. They told him he could come in in THREE WEEKS! He said that everyone who can buys supplemental insurance.

I worked with an English guy. He said he had an infected toe and called the National Health. They told him he could come in in THREE WEEKS! He said that everyone who can buys supplemental insurance.

So everyone who can buys supplemental insurance (actually, not everyone) and those who can't afford it at least get a basic level of treatment? Where is the problem?

So everyone who can buys supplemental insurance (actually, not everyone) and those who can't afford it at least get a basic level of treatment? Where is the problem?

let's say this guy didn't have supplemental insurance. His toe could have gone gangrenous before the national health got around to him.

The point is, when the state welfare insurance system almost mandates that people essentially DOUBLE their spending on health insurance, it's a !@#$ed system.

and if he had got off his ass and went to accident and emergency he would have been treated straight away.

Personally dont think there is a perfect health system, our NHS has it issues but you cant tell me that there are no problems with the US system.

The problem with this issue has little to do with our current situation in Iraq (well, it does in the sense that it's the country where these guys are getting injured).

Army medical treatment (I can't speak for the other branches) has been sh*tty for a long time. Rather than seeing this issue politicized, I'd like to just see it addressed.

One of the things I enjoy watching on TV occasionally is the Prime Minister's questions sessions on CSPAN. I don't think it's ANY coincidence they typically spend 3/4ths of the question time addressing FUNDING of the National Health in the UK. It's an abomination, ask anyone in the UK who has to wait two weeks just to get to SEE a doctor.

That's what the lefties want here. Unlimited wait times, poor service, but for EVERYBODY. Because that would be fair. *chortles*

umm, I have a chest infection. Last Thursday rang the Dr's at 8am and had an appointment for 8.20am. Bet you don't get to here those stories though. All you'll here is the neagtives.

The main issue whether its private or public healthcare in the UK is a lack of Doctors. We have private healthcare and my other half has still had to wait for 3 weeks to see someone.