Carwell Gardner

coseybedaman

Hey guys, does anyone know what carwell gardner is up to these days. He is the last autograph I need from the afc champ teams and i wanted to send out a letter to him requesting an autograph, or if anyone knows of any signings he does where i can pay for some autographs that would be great to. Anyone have any advice?

Hey guys, does anyone know what carwell gardner is up to these days. He is the last autograph I need from the afc champ teams and i wanted to send out a letter to him requesting an autograph, or if anyone knows of any signings he does where i can pay for some autographs that would be great to. Anyone have any advice?

Back in the middle 90's, I undertook the same task, getting an autographed card, of every player, on one of those four rosters. I wrote most of them, c/o the Buffalo Bills at 1 Bills Drive. I had tremendous success...the only holdout was, and continues to be, Mark Kelso. I did obtain an auto'd card of him, off of Ebay, but I can, to this day, not forgive Mark Kelso for the snub. He is my least favorite Bill of all time, becasue of it... :P I had a tough time with Keith McKellar too...likely because he was always hurt...I did get it, however, when he signed with the Broncos (for about 2 minutes), and it was returned with in a week....

I have been doing this for years, and now have about 375 different players cards autographed! Pretty geeky, huh? If you don't have any luck with Carwell, let me know...I may have an extra...often guys will return more than you sent. Older, retired players, are normally pretty generous.

When Jerry Butler (the WR) was working for the Bills alumni, he got me in touch with Joe Ferguson (my forever all-time fav Bill), at a resteraunt he owned in Louisiana. I sent Fergy my customary 2 cards (one for me, and one for him to keep and a SASE) and he returned to me, 14 different autographed cards (each card that he had at that time-including a cool college card I had never seen before), an autographed 8x10, and an auto'd jersey! :lol:

When Jerry Butler (the WR) was working for the Bills alumni, he got me in touch with Joe Ferguson (my forever all-time fav Bill), at a resteraunt he owned in Louisiana. I sent Fergy my customary 2 cards (one for me, and one for him to keep and a SASE) and he returned to me, 14 different autographed cards (each card that he had at that time-including a cool college card I had never seen before), an autographed 8x10, and an auto'd jersey!

sounds like fergie needs to get out more!

pretty cool though.

Back in the middle 90's, I undertook the same task, getting an autographed card, of every player, on one of those four rosters. I wrote most of them, c/o the Buffalo Bills at 1 Bills Drive. I had tremendous success...the only holdout was, and continues to be, Mark Kelso. I did obtain an auto'd card of him, off of Ebay, but I can, to this day, not forgive Mark Kelso for the snub.

I used to write letters and enclose cards for autographs back in those days too. Sometimes I'd send two cards at a time and get them both autographed. The funny thing is, I think I got Mark Kelso's back the quickest, and he wrote "God Bless you" on the card and then signed it. It was one that stood out very much.

I may have a couple Carwell Gardner card autographs and if I do I'd be glad to give you one. I'll check.

Carwell's phone number in Kentucky:

(859) 733-9059

I don't know if he'd be freaked out by a call. You decide what's best.

Tell him he was a hell of a blocker and special teams ace!

You forgot to tell him not to call until after 10 am because Carwell is a late riser. He likes strawberries on his cheerios and goes for a jog at 1130

true story! One of my former roomates in college, is a manager at a trucking company in Iowa. He knew I was a Bills fan, so he calls me up one day about two months ago, and tells me Carwell Gardner, came in to apply to drive a semi for his company, and he hired him. This is no lie guys. True story.

true story! One of my former roomates in college, is a manager at a trucking company in Iowa. He knew I was a Bills fan, so he calls me up one day about two months ago, and tells me Carwell Gardner, came in to apply to drive a semi for his company, and he hired him. This is no lie guys. True story.

Did he have his cowboy collar on underneath is T-Shirt?