Why is everyone blaming the D....??

mtdoak

The Defense was on the field for 33 minutes and was virtually playing from behind the entire game. Is the secondary banged up? Yes. However, when your team only allows 16 pts, there is no reason why your offense should not be able to put up 17 points.

WHY??? Because this supposedly stout defense has yet to mke a clutch stop all season! When Bills need a stop, you can count on them to fold. We all know the offense sucks. The defense was supposed to win some games for us. THAT'S why we are blaming them.

PTR

WHY???  Because this supposedly stout defense has yet to mke a clutch stop all season!  When Bills need a stop, you can count on them to fold.  We all know the offense sucks.  The defense was supposed to win some games for us.  THAT'S why we are blaming them.

PTR

64837[/snapback]

People, the D was asked to hold a one point lead. With all the penalties they had, the Jets still only scored 17 points. The Jets have one of the better offenses in the league. Yes, i watched the game, but when your team to win when they only score 2 TDs, you have a big suprise coming. This offense should be putting up 20 pts a game, its barely putting up 14.

33 minutes? Is that what NY's time of possession was? I thought it was a lot worse, 33 minutes is not that long. I'm pissed at the D because the offense finally put it together at the end and the D F'd up.

They gave up over 400 freakin' yards! Thats not very good defense, we were lucky to only give up 16 points.

People, the D was asked to hold a one point lead.  With all the penalties they had, the Jets still only scored 17 points.  The Jets have one of the better offenses in the league.  Yes, i watched the game, but when your team to win when they only score 2 TDs, you have a big suprise coming.  This offense should be putting up 20 pts a game, its barely putting up 14.

64853[/snapback]

Boo hoo hoo! And it's not Drew's fault either. It's nobodies fault. We just suck.

PTR

Bills D couldn't make a play when they had to. Same old crap. No big INT, Sack or stop on 3rd down. Offense wakes up and scores two TD's in 3 minutes and then the D gives up 50 yards and over 5 minutes on the last drive. Pennington was 6 of 6 at one point to start the last drive. Where are the supposed "playmakers" on defense? Someone should have punched Chrebet in the throat. Seems like every time the Jets had a 3rd down, he caught a pass for the 1st just beyond the marker. This is the exact same Bills team as last year.

Because when it is time to make a defensive stop to win the game they have come up short in the three previous games and did again yesterday! They buckled again--they let the Jets easily march down the field for an easy FG. They blew the game. The offense left the field with the lead, the special teams did their job by kicking a touchback--first of the season I believe and then the defense choked!

Bills D couldn't make a play when they had to. Same old crap. No big INT, Sack or stop on 3rd down. Offense wakes up and scores two TD's in 3 minutes and then the D gives up 50 yards and over 5 minutes on the last drive. Pennington was 6 of 6 at one point to start the last drive. Where are the supposed "playmakers" on defense? Someone should have punched Chrebet in the throat. Seems like every time the Jets had a 3rd down, he caught a pass for the 1st just beyond the marker. This is the exact same Bills team as last year.

64898[/snapback]

precisely, this Bills D cannot come up with the critical stop in a clutch time...if they could, the team would be at least 2-2...i know our D is supposed to be winning games for us, but frankly, they arent...thats 2 game winning drives given up in 4 games, not to mention their complete and utter inability to stop anyone on a third down...friggin wayne chrebet looked like jerry rice yesterday...

Wayne had his best day as a pro in three years! This defense is good not great! And they are weak when it counts like the final drives of a game, third and long etc... they just can't stop a team when it really counts. Oh, I forgot 1st and 35 they have trouble stopping as well!

...third time in four games that this supposed "great" defense gagged. Those guys couldn't make a BIG PLAY (i.e. force a turnover) if their lives depended on it. They fold worse than a paper suit in a rainstorm.

They're as much at fault as the offense for this woe-and-4 start.

While I won't say the defense is terrible, they are not the elite defense that some here want to pretend they are. Did you ever think that the other offenses score just enough to beat us, becasue they can, and they don't have to take higher risks by trying to score more? The truest indicater of how good a defense is, IMO, is how successful they are on third down. They were absolutely awful on third down yesterday

First off, the defense has been without 1 starter for all 4 games (Milloy) and another starter for almost 2 full games (Vincent). As I stated before, the Bills can't afford a SINGLE injury to a starter or key player, and they already have 2 in the secondary (and one on offense in Teague). I won't begrudge the defense too much since they forced 2 turnovers and got 2 sacks, and obviously were tired at the end, allowing that FG drive. But that's what separates the good defenses from the great ones, and again without Milloy and Vincent, it's not a great defense. It would have been nice if the offense had made it moot by scoring at least a FG, but they're not great, or even very good, either.

because the jets converted on someting like 8 out of 14 3rd downs.most were like 3 and 8's!they were pitiful all game.this defense gets stats,they blitz ,but they dont reach the qb,so the qb makes all of the throws downfield.it is a sad joke.all the fans screamed during the offseason that we needed a real defensive end and offensive line help,but we didn't address either.and i don't count cutting ruben and bringing in vallari addressing the line.this defense sucks and a fish rots at the head.jerry gray is in way over his head.i bet if we could have convinced dl to stay on this defense would have a whole different look to it.there is talent on the defense,but if you have a coach that just wants to blitz when the guys cant even get near the qb there is a serious problem.jerry is like a kid that is just starting to learn how to play maddens football on playstation and the buttons are too hard to figure out so he just keeps calling a blitz and figures at some point it will work.