Moulds not cutting it in Houston as a number #2 WR

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was arguably just a little more effective for Texass last year than Peerless Price was for us.

PP

Games: 16 Starts: 15 Catches: 49 Yards: 402 APC: 8.2 Longest: 25 TDs: 3 20+yd catches: 3 40+ yd catches: 0 1st Downs: 20

EM

Games: 16 Starts: 16 Catches: 57 Yards: 557 APC: 9.8 Longest: 29 TDs: 1 20+yd catches: 6 40+ yd catches: 0 1st Downs: 33

Eric the Red's Last Year in Buffalo

Games: 15 Starts: 14 Catches: 81 Yards: 816 APC: 10.1 Longest: 55 TDs: 4 20+yd catches: 5 40+ yd catches: 1 1st Downs: 38

We're not looking at Pro Bowl numbers here folks. :sick:

He was arguably just a little more effective for Texass last year than Peerless Price was for us.

PP

Games: 16 Starts: 15 Catches: 49 Yards: 402 APC: 8.2 Longest: 25 TDs: 3 20+yd catches: 3 40+ yd catches: 0 1st Downs: 20

EM

Games: 16 Starts: 16 Catches: 57 Yards: 557 APC: 9.8 Longest: 29 TDs: 1 20+yd catches: 6 40+ yd catches: 0 1st Downs: 33

Eric the Red's Last Year in Buffalo

Games: 15 Starts: 14 Catches: 81 Yards: 816 APC: 10.1 Longest: 55 TDs: 4 20+yd catches: 5 40+ yd catches: 1 1st Downs: 38

We're not looking at Pro Bowl numbers here folks. :sick:

Very good comarision but I'm more impressed with your effort with the color and bold usage in your post.

I have been somewhat critical of Marv, but cutting Moulds was a great move. Moulds was a disgruntled, aging player who never really won anything, and was a disruption to the Buffalo Bills Football Team.

Stats don't always tell the full story. I am glad that our young players were not exposed to Moulds and his "tude." The same applies to Big Sam, and even Milloy.

These guys ARE experienced pros no doubt, but there are no guarantees that we would have had a better record if they stayed, and imo it was a very smart move to rid this team of these 3 players who at best had a limited futute.

I have been somewhat critical of Marv, but cutting Moulds was a great move. Moulds was a disgruntled, aging player who never really won anything, and was a disruption to the Buffalo Bills Football Team.

Stats don't always tell the full story. I am glad that our young players were not exposed to Moulds and his "tude." The same applies to Big Sam, and even Milloy.

These guys ARE experienced pros no doubt, but there are no guarantees that we would have had a better record if they stayed, and imo it was a very smart move to rid this team of these 3 players who at best had a limited futute.

Marv's even better than you think Bill--we got a fifth round pick for Moulds that we turned into Kyle Williams

I also agree that it was a great move on Marv's part. I think in a way, that is what Wire was talking about team with respect to chemistry and team family. No more disgruntled or backbiting complainers.

I still hold Moulds responsible for JP's poor development in '05. His constant rallying the troops for KH was a negative confidence builder. JP was constantly looking over his shoulder, was afraid to make a mistake, got no enouragement from his teammates and that knowledge and percieved lack of confidence from his teammates had a negative effect in JP's head. That fear of failure along with no positive reinforcement resulted in poor play even with all his physical tools. Our dumb coaches and a meddling GM also had something to do with it.

Glad you got rid if the negativity and me, me people on last years team Marv. Character does count! We will see the results soon!

i allso wonder if any of moulds catches were big ones? i seem to remember peerless having a few crucial big catches this season.

Hmmmmm.....Let's See....Catches- 57........First Downs 33

Yea, more than 50% He always made 1st downs. The best RAC from 1996 draft :sick: ........... Still miss him.

I also agree that it was a great move on Marv's part. I think in a way, that is what Wire was talking about team with respect to chemistry and team family. No more disgruntled or backbiting complainers.

I still hold Moulds responsible for JP's poor development in '05. His constant rallying the troops for KH was a negative confidence builder. JP was constantly looking over his shoulder, was afraid to make a mistake, got no enouragement from his teammates and that knowledge and percieved lack of confidence from his teammates had a negative effect in JP's head. That fear of failure along with no positive reinforcement resulted in poor play even with all his physical tools. Our dumb coaches and a meddling GM also had something to do with it.

Glad you got rid if the negativity and me, me people on last years team Marv. Character does count! We will see the results soon!

I definitely agree that moving on without Moulds. His price tag plus declining production add to his add and desire to leave made it a great decision.

But this stuff about Moulds stunting JP's growth is a joke. Moulds was sick of losing, as were a lot of veterans. We were coming off a 9-7 season. Losman was horrible in 2005. He is a big boy and needs be able to take criticism. If you want to blame anyone, blame dumb (MM, for not making a stand) and dumber (TD for allowing a potentially playoff team to start the year with essentially a rookie qb). Moulds is not to blame in the least.

Moulds is getting old. Sort of glad we got rid of him.

Houston was way off if they expected a playmaker when they got Moulds. If they wanted a physical receiver who can get you another 3-4 yards after taking his first hit, they got it. But playmaker, no.

Good call by Marv in letting Eric move on. And good for Eric in putting some money in the bank with the Texans. I'm glad though the Texans had to fund it and not the Bills.

Seriously. Just becuase some blowhard in the media says he was ineffective as the #2 doesn't mean he actually was.

David Carr sucks. Plain and simple and the Texans will be replacing him sooner rather than later.

Hmmmmm.....Let's See....Catches- 57........First Downs 33

Yea, more than 50% He always made 1st downs. The best RAC from 1996 draft :sick: ........... Still miss him.

Seriously. Just becuase some blowhard in the media says he was ineffective as the #2 doesn't mean he actually was.

David Carr sucks. Plain and simple and the Texans will be replacing him sooner rather than later.

The Texans missed big time in not bringing Vince Young back to his hometown through the draft last year. If Young has a pro bowl career, this draft blunder by the Texans could be one of the top 20 draft blunders of the decade.

The Texans missed big time in not bringing Vince Young back to his hometown through the draft last year. If Young has a pro bowl career, this draft blunder by the Texans could be one of the top 20 draft blunders of the decade.

Blunders of the decade? Try "in the history of pro sports". What Houston has essentially done (passing on future phenom Reggie Bush & hometown hero (and now Pro Bowler) Vince Young) for a non-impact linebacker, will be a mark on their franchise forever.

I know it's a little early to say, but Mario Williams will be the Sam Bowie of the NFL. "The Texans took WHO over Reggie Bush and Vince Young!?!?"

What Houston has essentially done (passing on future phenom Reggie Bush & hometown hero (and now Pro Bowler) Vince Young) for a non-impact linebacker ...

I know it's a little early to say, but Mario Williams will be the Sam Bowie of the NFL. "The Texans took WHO over Reggie Bush and Vince Young!?!?"

He's a defensive end.

And yeah, I agree, he could be another Sam Bowie. Not fine company to be in. (btw, I wonder if Michael Jordan ever took Bowie out for lunch and a few beers!)

Do others think that Moulds had a portion of the responsibility for JP's growth? I said there were other factors and not just Moulds, but EM had an effect, how much is anyone's guess. Granted, the previous coach staff had some negative effect and the new had a positive effect. But if JP was perfectly honest he would probably say EM didn't help and may have had a negaive effect, however much it was.

I am , or was an EM fan up until he started knocking JP in a round about way. I like JP and his talent but mostly because he didn't scream and rant and rave about his mis handling. He has never said a negative about anyone when he had cause to and shows his class. I only wanted him to have a fair shake like others, not 8 intermittent starts. If after enough starts ( which he proved he could) he couldn't cut it, then bench him or think a new QB.

But JP rose above all the negatives from EM and others vets, the media, indecision from coaches and GM to have a good year when all the detractions where eliminated.

But if you think it was a joke that EM had no negative part of JP's development, I feel we are overlooking psychology and positive reinforcemnt. I respect other people's opinions about our team and this is my opinion. What do you think? Did EM have any effect on stunting JP's growth however small?