Coy gets re-signed

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's exactly the type of ...linebacker ...we...need.......long-term. ... :rolleyes:

I think it is too early to dismiss how he will do as a LB. He had not been slated for that role yet and will have time in the offseason to train as such. I am inclined to believe in the current brain trust more than the former so will give CW the benefit of doubt for now. Let us see how it works out.

I think it is too early to dismiss how he will do as a LB. He had not been slated for that role yet and will have time in the offseason to train as such. I am inclined to believe in the current brain trust more than the former so will give CW the benefit of doubt for now. Let us see how it works out.

Do not try to use logic here on TSW...

Here is the response we need to have:

Coy sucks...bad signing...Marv have more Geritol....

Ralph move or sell the team, get the trucks on One Bills Drive and move to Toronto..or Los Angeles

We are doooooommed!!!

:rolleyes:

Coy Wire the linebacker is a better football player than Coy Wire the SS. Keeping Wire relieves some of the pressure at the LB position. If Spikes doesn't recover from his injury, the Bills could start Crowell in the middle with Wire and Ellison on the outside. If you keep Takeo in the lineup, Wire provides a good backup.

With Wire on board, the Bills will be better able to focus on positions other than LB in the upcoming draft.

Coy Wire the linebacker is a better football player than Coy Wire the SS. Keeping Wire relieves some of the pressure at the LB position. If Spikes doesn't recover from his injury, the Bills could start Crowell in the middle with Wire and Ellison on the outside. If you keep Takeo in the lineup, Wire provides a good backup.

With Wire on board, the Bills will be better able to focus on positions other than LB in the upcoming draft.

I understand your point...but I do not agree with it 100 percent about not looking at LB in the draft....it depends on who is available...if there is a guy who is too good to pass up at a certian point in the draft and if he happens to be a LB, grab him. You can never have enough good LB's IMO.

As for Wire, I am glad he is back, because he really wants to be here. And he has shown signs of improvement, and he is willing to do whatever it takes to help the team.

How anyone can be upset with this move is beyond me.

I understand your point...but I do not agree with it 100 percent about not looking at LB in the draft....it depends on who is available...if there is a guy who is too good to pass up at a certian point in the draft and if he happens to be a LB, grab him. You can never have enough good LB's IMO.

I agree with that: if there's an elite difference maker at LB, you take him. But I doubt the best player available at #12 will be a LB, and this way the Bills won't be forced to take a LB based on need.

I totally agree. He was a first day draft pick as a LB. He also has some speed and playing DB could have only helped him with this cover 2 scheme. He's a great locker room guy and a hard worker. You might call me crazy, but I wouldn't mind seeing him start next year!

ALSO- This means that Marv has started working! Ralph better get the old Ford Taurus started!

How anyone can be upset with this move is beyond me.

I agree. He's a very good special teamer and is really a LB in name only, much like Mario Haggan. We want our special teams to stay dominant, we we have to pay those guys too. Much like the folks who want Sam Aiken or Josh Stamer cut...they are very good special teams players.