Has Thurman announced his presenter?

Avalanche

Levy To Present Thomas? Thurman Thomas may be following in the footsteps of fellow Hall of Fame teammate Jim Kelly. Thomas said in an interview on the NFL Network that he plans on having Marv Levy be his presenter for induction at the Hall of Fame ceremonies on August 4th. Levy is no stranger to the podium in Canton, he is a Hall of Famer himself and also presented Kelly for induction. Thomas said he told Levy years ago that he wants him to present him if he ever got in the Hall of Fame.

I happened to be there when Thurman told Marv that he would like him to be his presenter if he ever made it to the Hall of Fame. Marv's reply (and I quote)...

"Thurman, there is no need for you to languish with these vexacious prognostications. Your attainment of the penultimate goal of all NFL players is a fore drawn conclusion, a 'fait accompli' if you will. To think otherwise would be abberantly illogical and contraindicitive to the spirit and the purpose of the highly lauded and perspicacious selection committee." :ph34r:

If I were the Bills I would play this up to the max. And I actually believe that it could help, in a minor way, to bring FAs here. With both Kelly and now Thurman asking Marv to present them, it means a lot to players, and everyone in the NFL will know this. These guys want (and need) to be treated well and respected by management and coaching is practically interchangeable with their ego and desire for money in the overall hierarchy of what motivates and impresses them. Marv up there presenting Thurman helps the Bills image around the league a lot IMO.

If I were the Bills I would play this up to the max. And I actually believe that it could help, in a minor way, to bring FAs here. With both Kelly and now Thurman asking Marv to present them, it means a lot to players, and everyone in the NFL will know this. These guys want (and need) to be treated well and respected by management and coaching is practically interchangeable with their ego and desire for money in the overall hierarchy of what motivates and impresses them. Marv up there presenting Thurman helps the Bills image around the league a lot IMO.

I agree with you that that brings credibility to the path that Levy has the Bills on now.

My favorite quotes this past year was when Polian and A.J. Smith both mentioned on seperate occasions that when Levy became G.M.

of the Bills Levy was calling them alot for information(.....both of their coments to Levy were along the lines of:

Marv, we are just following the blueprint we learned from you!

When you think of it Marv does not really have a big coaching tree to speak of.

As far as G.M. tree- it's damn good.

Polian, Butler, A.J.Smith and yes even Bob Ferguson. They each look to Marv as a mentor.

It's gotta help

I agree that the Bills should play this up as much as possible. The team has assembled a pretty good marketing and media team, so they should be told to really focus on promoting this within and outside the team's fanbase. The team should organize a large convoy of buses and personal vehicles from the stadium all the way to Canton. Hold a party at the stadium before heading for Ohio, and then sell tickets to ride the bus, while also inviting fans to follow the buses in their own vehicles. It would garner national attention and speak volumes about the dedication and support from both the fanbase and the team.

I happened to be there when Thurman told Marv that he would like him to be his presenter if he ever made it to the Hall of Fame. Marv's reply (and I quote)...

"Thurman, there is no need for you to languish with these vexacious prognostications. Your attainment of the penultimate goal of all NFL players is a fore drawn conclusion, a 'fait accompli' if you will. To think otherwise would be abberantly illogical and contraindicitive to the spirit and the purpose of the highly lauded and perspicacious selection committee." :D

I think that was the late Howard Cossell.

"Thurman, there is no need for you to languish with these vexacious prognostications. Your attainment of the penultimate goal of all NFL players is a fore drawn conclusion, a 'fait accompli' if you will. To think otherwise would be abberantly illogical and contraindicitive to the spirit and the purpose of the highly lauded and perspicacious selection committee." :wallbash:

Look it up Thurman. :D