Time to Make Your Pick

SUPER BOWL PICK  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the Super Bowl XLI

• Bears
    • Colts

Da' Bears! in a 22-19 upset

bears will win a sloppily played game which accounts for the odd 22-19 score. look for things like a safety, a missed extra point, etc etc. that's the kind of game bears usually win and also plays to colts weakness of not adjusting well when things don't go as planned. as levy would say, teams need to focus equally on defense, offense and special teams: i'll give colts nod on offense, but bears win other 2. and it's that special team component that adds to the unexpected plays and leads to a bears victory. all the the talk about rex this and that is misdirected: he'll neither win or lose the game, just like the bears 2 other post season wins. if anything, manning with all the pressure dating back to father archie is more likely to try and do too much and cost his team some key plays.

a key matchup to look for is the bears defensive line versus the colts offensive line. both have been exceptional. a classic battle of the immovable object versus the irresistable force. if bears put pressure on manning and with urlacher taking away slot passes it could be a long day for colts. if colts win the battle bears still have their superior special teams to make the difference in a win.

and with that i am looking to add to my gators upset pick in the big gone, and bring my post-season record to a healthy 9 & 3. and oddly the 2 teams that meet in the super bowl account for all 3 of my losses (2 by the colts vs chefs and ravens, 1 by the bears vs saints.)

Bears 30-27

Great game by the way!

I'm with you on both accounts. I cannot remember a recent SB where I was looking forward a week in advance because I couldn't wait to see two desrving and classy teams go at it. I'm taking the 7 points, but I wouldn't cry if Peyton and Dungy get a ring.

It seems most of the media types are handing this game to the Colts already. I am thinking it is a close game, and don't think it would be that huge of an upset if the Bears won. I think they cover the spread, at the very least. It just seems that the Bears strengths, match up very well with the Colts weaknesses. I am still not sure, after two games, if I believe that the Colts have solved all of their run defense problems. If Bob Sanders really makes that much of a difference for them, I would be surprised.

Also, the Colts special teams have been very bad all year...they are known to give up some pretty big returns, and don't counter it with big returns of their own. This could give the Bears a big advantage in the field position game. The Bears are strong on special teams. If the Bears can minimize the amount of time that Manning and company are on the field (by grinding out their running game, and putting the Colts in bad field position, as they were able to do with the Saints, who had the #1 ranked offense), I think this could be a pretty big eye-opener for Manning.

It seems a lot of people are enamored by Manning, and that might not be without merit. But a lot of the "fear factor" for the Colts is their offensive reputation, built up over the last four or five regualar seasons. The Colts offense was nowhere near as explosive this past season, as it had been in the past.

I agree that this is going to be a really good game. I think it is one where coaching will come into play more than it does in a most Super Bowls....

My prediction: Bears 24- Colts 21

Colts will win. The Colts getting past New England is similar to when the Red Sox finally overcame the Yankees in 2004 and then had to go play St Louis in the World Series. There was no way they were going to lose -- after overcoming your arch nemesis, everything is downhill.

I no longer think it'll be a blowout but Indy will win even if it's close.

Colts will win. The Colts getting past New England is similar to when the Red Sox finally overcame the Yankees in 2004 and then had to go play St Louis in the World Series. There was no way they were going to lose -- after overcoming your arch nemesis, everything is downhill.

I no longer think it'll be a blowout but Indy will win even if it's close.

Geez Ozy....I, too, used the same analogy with some guys at work. To a "T" It's easy for Manning this weekend, much like it was for the Sox in the WS against the Cards.

Colts 30

Bears 16

As I left work today, I said to a friend, "Well, the Bills aren't going to lose this one."

I predict a major catch by Dallas Clark and a good day by Reggie Wayne make it 21-13, Colts. Peyton Manning is the SB MVP, and everyone will talk about the Go Daddy ad.

The only way this is gunna be close IMO is that the Bears use both Benson and Jones extensively in the game and take the ball out of Rex Grossman's mouth...err... hands. I can kinda see Lovie Smith strategically trying what worked for the Giants in SB XXV, in order to stop a similar styled offense in the Colts. I think that this will be a wipeout though as i feel that Rex is gonna fudge up a bunch of times before the fans call for Griese, 33-7

Bears will win in one of the bigger blowouts in Super Bowl history. Peyton will have 2 interceptions returned for TDs & the Colts will turn the ball over 5 times. Rex will again prove that the QB position doesn't win Super Bowls, but it can lose them & Peyton will. Rex's rating will be around 55, but Manings will be lower. The Colts have been suspect all year. Hell, the Bills came so close to beating them & Houston did. The Bears have regrouped. This will not be the same Bear team that lost to Green Bay or Miami. The Bears will bring constant pressure on Manning the likes of which he hasn't seen this year. Eventually Manning will press & take it upon himself to make something happen. And once he starts to force the ball the turnovers are a certainty. There will be no big come back in this game. Final score... Bears 54 Colts 12.

Bears 19, Colts 10

I liken this game to the Pittsburgh game last year.. Bears will be in Manning's face all day, and he'll have to pick himself off the turf after every dropback. Bears set-up alot of short fields with the defense and special teams, but the Bears offense can't take advantage of the field position (reason for the odd point total - 4 FG's) Manning is forced into alot of mistakes - 2 bad INT's and a forced fumble.

That having been said.. I'm rooting for the Colts all the way. That's just how I'm calling it. Heh.

Oh.. MVP? Thomas Jones - 19 carries, 94 yds rush., 36 yds rec., 1 TD

Colts 27 Bears 13.

In the first 3 months of the season the Bears D only allowed more than 23 points twice also registering two shutouts. In December their final four games they allowed 27, 31 ,21 and 26 to four non playoff teams. I just cant see the Bears shutting down Manning and his weapons.

Geez Ozy....I, too, used the same analogy with some guys at work. To a "T" It's easy for Manning this weekend, much like it was for the Sox in the WS against the Cards.

Colts 30

Bears 16

Great minds, bro. However, we do have to balance that comparison against the rule that the better defense/ST should win. I'm just not convinced that the Bears D, without Harris and Brown, are better right now.