Pro Wrestling Talk: Tag Teams

R. Rich

Okay wrestling fans, let's hear from you. I know all 7 of you are out there, so...

Who's your 5 favorite tag teams of all time and why?

Here's mine:

The Road Warriors

As good as tag team wrestling got, they were entertaining, tough, scary, and just plain brutal.

The Steiner Brothers

Very sound wrestlers (don't see much of that nowadays, which is why I no longer watch pro wrestling) who could bring it. The Steiner Line and the Frankensteiner were great to see.

Harlem Heat

Master showmen who also were tough as nails and good athletes. Their brief feud w/ Bunkhouse Buck and Dick Slater was some great stuff to watch. BTW, Buck and Slater were a fun tag team to watch, even though they had practically zero talent. All they did was beat people up.

Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard

Great cheaters who also were technically sound wrestlers. They were the muscle of the Four Horsemen when they were arguably @ their meanest (remember when they broke Sting's leg?).

Rock N Roll Express

Not the biggest tag team, or the quickest, or the most technically sound, but man could they bring it. No matter how quick, skilled, tough, or large the opponent was, the Express could take 'em down.

There's other teams I really liked also, like the Hart Foundation, Rude/Fernandez, DiBiase/Rotundo, Hall/Nash, and the Strongbows for starters.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

British Bulldogs

Complimented each other very well. Would have given the Road Warriors a run for their money in the toughness department.

Hardy Boyz

Absolutely insane. Pushed the envelope of wrestling entertainment in the States and brought stunts to a whole new level in the WWE/WWF.

British Bulldogs

Complimented each other very well. Would have given the Road Warriors a run for their money in the toughness department.

Hardy Boyz

Absolutely insane. Pushed the envelope of wrestling entertainment in the States and brought stunts to a whole new level in the WWE/WWF.

I'm pretty sure it was the British Pigdogs. Wonderboy Davy Jones was great.

No Tony Garea and Rick Martel? No Samoans? No Moondogs? Midnight Express? Freebirds? Fuji/Saito? Ridiculous.

Garea had 83 different partners, and Martel wasn't even his best one.

Samoans were okay, but not one of my favorites. Afa and Sika were the best combo; once they started getting all of the cousins involved, it became a joke.

Spot and Rex were solid (both are deceased now, I believe).

The Midnight Express (before Stan Lane) was awesome, and would fall just oustside of my top 5. Their feud w/ the Rock N Roll Express is perhaps the best tag team feud of all time.

Freebirds? They're great for entertainment. Hayes and Garvin sure did know how to work a crowd. Like the original Midnight Express, they'd fall just outside my top 5.

Fuji and Saito? Well, as long as you keep Saito away from McDonald's (he was w/ Ken Patera when roid rage, and a hankerin' for Big Macs, took over), they'd be okay.

Heart Foundation is by far the best!

You mean the HART Foundation? I agree :)

I'll throw out a vote for the Koloffs, too....Ivan and Nikita. And also Rick Rude and Manny Fernandez.

Zimbowie Express

Midnight Express ( no manager in the world could work the mike the Jimmy C!)

Rock and Roll Express

Heres some to grow on...

The Long Riders ( Remember when Magnum TA and Dusty Rhoads got suspended? They put the masks on and became the Long Riders!)

JIMMY SUPERFLY SNUKA AND ANDRE THE GIANT!!!

Garea had 83 different partners, and Martel wasn't even his best one.

Samoans were okay, but not one of my favorites. Afa and Sika were the best combo; once they started getting all of the cousins involved, it became a joke.

Spot and Rex were solid (both are deceased now, I believe).

The Midnight Express (before Stan Lane) was awesome, and would fall just oustside of my top 5. Their feud w/ the Rock N Roll Express is perhaps the best tag team feud of all time.

Freebirds? They're great for entertainment. Hayes and Garvin sure did know how to work a crowd. Like the original Midnight Express, they'd fall just outside my top 5.

Fuji and Saito? Well, as long as you keep Saito away from McDonald's (he was w/ Ken Patera when roid rage, and a hankerin' for Big Macs, took over), they'd be okay.

Rich,

Nothing beat that Freebird vs. Von Erich war!!!

#1 The Road Warriors - There was no close second

#2 The Wild Samoans - Afa and Sika were outrageously funny w/o saying a single word.

#3 ? - I can't remember their names but a buddy made me watch an ECW compilation he'd made and there were these two brothers who were pulling tables out from all over the place another little brother who I saw Bam Bam Bigelow toss over the ropes about 5 rows deep into an awesome crowd. Those guys put on a dynamite show.

#4 The Steiner Brothers - They were great when they still wore headgear and singlets before they went to Vince McMahon's circus. Were/are they really brothers?

I can't do a #5 w/o excluding some guys so I'm going straight to the honorable mentions:

The original Minnesota Wrecking Crew with Ole and Arn Anderson which only got better when tehy added the inimitable Buzz Sawyer.

Mr Fuji and Mr Saito were awesomely devious

The Funk Brothers really knew how to sell it

And that's all I can think of.....

Road Warriors - The original RW, not Legion of Doom, or whatever else people called them in their later years

Steiner Brothers - Rick was funny. Scott was great, I hated when WCW completely changed his look

Brothers of Destruction - Undertaker and Kane. They weren't together that long, but they were awesome

Bushwhackers - Those guys were fun to watch

Degeneration X - Any two guys who teamed up from them were great, currently it's Shawn Michaels and Triple H.

#3 ? - I can't remember their names but a buddy made me watch an ECW compilation he'd made and there were these two brothers who were pulling tables out from all over the place another little brother who I saw Bam Bam Bigelow toss over the ropes about 5 rows deep into an awesome crowd. Those guys put on a dynamite show.

I think you're remembering the Dudley Boyz and their brother Spike.