I asked Lawyer when he's coming back.....

Tom

He was sitting on the bench in nice street clothes (sweater, etc) with an IPOD strapped to his upper arm & responded: "WHEN IT HEALS", I said: 'Come on man, we need you'! He then said "SOON, SOON"............. :doh:

:doh:

I bet we would've won if he were on the field instead of #25 today!

I'm obviously not a Doctor but I'm somewhat surprised his wrist hasn't healed enough to play........ :doh:

Its been about 7 or 8 weeks, right??? :doh:

64477[/snapback]

I'm shocked about it! I know so many NFL Players wear Arm casts during the Season. I guess it was a more serious break than they originally thought, because MM was hinting that he could be ready for the J-Ville Game the night Milloy suffered the break...And that was a LONG time ago...I figured he would be back no later than NE, but what the heck do I know...I know they need him, that's for certain...

I'm shocked about it! I know so many NFL Players wear Arm casts during the Season. I guess it was a more serious break than they originally thought, because MM was hinting that he could be ready for the J-Ville Game the night Milloy suffered the break...And that was a LONG time ago...I figured he would be back no later than NE, but what the heck do I know...I know they need him, that's for certain...

I know they put screws in it but that should make it heal sooner, right???? :doh:

amen the secondary took a B word slapping

64427[/snapback]

The secondary will almost always take a B word slapping when you blitz and don't get to the quarterback. That's our problem - we blitz all the time and don't get there, leaving the secondary open to the big play. We need a better pass rush or we need to stop blitzing and try and play coverage.

I know they put screws in it but that should make it heal sooner, right???? <_<

64496[/snapback]

Not necessarily. Everybody heals differently. The MM crap at the beginning of the season was probably nothing more than a smoke screen so opponents wouldn't necessarily know what's coming.

He was sitting on the bench in nice street clothes (sweater, etc) with an IPOD strapped to his upper arm & responded:  "WHEN IT HEALS", I said: 'Come on man, we need you'! He then said "SOON, SOON"............. <_< 

:doh:

I bet we would've won if he were on the field instead of  #25 today!

64421[/snapback]

I really thought it was stupid of him to say that he would be ready for the opener!

So Kevin Mawae can have his right hand wrapped like a freaking bowling bowl and THEN snap left handed but Lawyer can't go with a broken wrist???  I say wrap that son of a biotch like a telephone pole and ask him to play.

64613[/snapback]

The problem (at least from what I have heard) is that it's the arm Lawyer leads with on EVERY tackle that is broken. Even if they cast it, there would still be a significant chance that he would re-break it and MM isn't willing to risk Malloy's future use of his arm and rush him back to the field.

I think it's the smart, even if unpopular, thing to do.

The secondary will almost always take a B word slapping when you blitz and don't get to the quarterback. That's our problem - we blitz all the time and don't get there, leaving the secondary open to the big play. We need a better pass rush or we need to stop blitzing and try and play coverage.

64501[/snapback]

Hmmm, I could be wrong (or maybe the "blitz" is so bad that I couldn't tell they were blitzing on tv) but it seemed like we barely blitzed in the 1st half at all. It seemed like we were trying to protect our secondary with the linebackers. Pretty sad when London Fletcher is the best "DB" on the field. Actually, Clements had a decent game too.

PP was not so good, but I still contend he got a couple of lousy calls against him by the oifficials on the Jets first td drive. The personal foul, seeing it from the angle PP was looking at it, looked to me like the receiver was having trouble maintaining possession of the ball. PP, it looked to me, was thinking it might have been a fumble, and was jumping on the downed recveiver, to recover a fumble. The pass interference call in the end zone was a lousy call too. While it is true PP's hand touched the recivers back, they were both going for the underthrown ball (both were turned toward it), and I thought PP made a great play. Whether it was a bad call, or just a stupid rule, I can't fault him too much on that play. If the ball had been on target, it likely would have been a pick. It seems that the NFL has made it way too difficult for DB's in this leauge.

The biggest factor in today's loss was the defenses total inability to stop the Jets on third down for most of the game. It seemed like Pennington was toying with the defense the whole afternoon. Another disappointing loss. Not the total disaster that it could have been, but the bottom line is, the offense (despite an excellent overall game from Bledsoe) could still only come up with 14 points, the defense gave up around 400 yards, and we are now 0-4. There were some positives, but not enough to keep me from feeling that this season is dead....

The problem (at least from what I have heard) is that it's the arm Lawyer leads with on EVERY tackle that is broken. Even if they cast it, there would still be a significant chance that he would re-break it and MM isn't willing to risk Malloy's future use of his arm and rush him back to the field.

I think it's the smart, even if unpopular, thing to do.

64621[/snapback]

Then someone teach Lawyer Milloy to tackle properly (head in front, with the shoulder, good arm wrap)... If he did that he wouldn't have to lead with his arm and he could play <_<

PP was not so good, but I still contend he got a couple of lousy calls against him by the oifficials on the Jets first td drive.  The personal foul, seeing it from the angle PP was looking at it, looked to me like the receiver was having trouble maintaining possession of the ball.  PP, it looked to me, was thinking it might have been a fumble, and was jumping on the downed recveiver, to recover a fumble. 

I agree. I think his beef was that the ref right there never blew the whistle. In that context, his play looks reasonable. It's not like he laid a vicious hit on the guy; he mostly jumped over him.

Then someone teach Lawyer Milloy to tackle properly (head in front, with the shoulder, good arm wrap)... If he did that he wouldn't have to lead with his arm and he could play :doh:

64657[/snapback]

Just curious, how do you "wrap" without using an arm?

The only time you see players leading with their shoulder they're doing that "I'm a DB and he's a big RB/TE so I'm gonna dive at his shins to trip him up" thing, which I can't stand.

But in order to wrap someone up, you gotta' have an arm leading the way to get around the ball carrier's legs, hips, or torso.

I think Lawyer's demonstrated for a good number of years that he knows how to tackle. <_<

Mawae's injury and Milloy's can't be compared, because one KM plays on the line where he is mostly doing nothing but pushing and shoving while Milloy's arm would actually take a beating trying to bring down ball carriers.

Whoever said to get rid of Milloy next year is nuts, him being out of the lineup is a huge reason why the D can't stop the opposing teams.