I asked Lawyer when he's coming back.....

Tom

Mawae's injury and Milloy's can't be compared, because one KM plays on the line where he is mostly doing nothing but pushing and shoving while Milloy's arm would actually take a beating trying to bring down ball carriers.

You're right. pushing a 300 lb defensive lineman cant compare to batting down a pass.

Mawae's injury and Milloy's can't be compared, because one KM plays on the line where he is mostly doing nothing but pushing and shoving while Milloy's arm would actually take a beating trying to bring down ball carriers.

You're right. pushing a 300 lb defensive lineman cant compare to batting down a pass.

64857[/snapback]

I got an idea, go out and try to push around someone that's 300 lbs and then go out and try to bring down someone 250 lbs barreling at you full speed and see what hurts more.

Fractures typically take 6-8 weeks depending on the type and how well aligned the fragments are. Milloy should be back soon and I think we all see how valuable he was/is to this team. You could actually make the argument that a healthy Milloy makes this team 3-1 instead of 0-4!

I got an idea, go out and try to push around someone that's 300 lbs and then go out and try to bring down someone 250 lbs barreling at you full speed and see what hurts more.

[right][snapback]64868[/snapback][/right]

"I've got" not, "I got" How many 250 lb receivers do you know of? For that matter how many 250 lb running backs do you know of?

And....Mawae was involved in every single play.

Just curious, how do you "wrap" without using an arm? 

The only time you see players leading with their shoulder they're doing that "I'm a DB and he's a big RB/TE so I'm gonna dive at his shins to trip him up" thing, which I can't stand.

But in order to wrap someone up, you gotta' have an arm leading the way to get around the ball carrier's legs, hips, or torso. 

I think Lawyer's demonstrated for a good number of years that he knows how to tackle. <_<

64734[/snapback]

we as fans can second guess a lot...but i don't think any of us knows enough to say whether milloy's ready to go....you have to give the benefit of the doubt on that one. i'm sure he'll be in the line-up the moment he's ready.

Guest Grammar patrol

"I've got"  not, "I got"  How many 250 lb receivers do you know of?  For that matter how many 250 lb running backs do you know of?

And....Mawae was involved in every single play.

[right][snapback]64884[/snapback][/right]

Actually, try "I have."

There's fractures, and then there's fractures....

Does anyone actually remember the play where Milloy broke his arm? Just re-ran that tape - it looked like a complete break to me, with his hand flopping at a NASTY angle. Made my arm hurt, just watching it. We're probably lucky he's not out for the season.

Little different than a fracture in a metacarpal, which is what Mawae's playing with, or the hairline fracture Travis Henry ran on last season. Milloy was smokin' with Ricky if he thought he was going to be ready for the season opener.