Desperately Seeking TBD Cookbook Recipe

IDBillzFan

As we approach the SB, I am seeking out a recipe someone posted on the now defunct TBD Cookbook.

It was a very simple melted concoction of Velveeta, sausage and other such gooey bad-for-you stuff. It was the kind of thing that tasted insanely good, but I only make once a year because to eat it any more than that would take years off my life.

If anyone here has the recipe, could you please PM me...or better yet, post it here so others can shorten their lives on Super Bowl Sunday.

My thanks.

As we approach the SB, I am seeking out a recipe someone posted on the now defunct TBD Cookbook.

It was a very simple melted concoction of Velveeta, sausage and other such gooey bad-for-you stuff. It was the kind of thing that tasted insanely good, but I only make once a year because to eat it any more than that would take years off my life.

If anyone here has the recipe, could you please PM me...or better yet, post it here so others can shorten their lives on Super Bowl Sunday.

My thanks.

I can see where this is ultimately headed.

:worthy::lol:

Was this it?

HOT CHEESE DIP

2 lb. Velveeta cheese

1 1/2 c. chunky salsa

1 lb. hot Italian sausage

1 lb. hamburger

Cook hamburger, drain. Cook hot Italian sausage, drain. Melt Cheddar and Velveeta over medium heat, add salsa and cooked meat. Mix together. Serve hot with tortilla chips.

You can also add a packet of taco seasoning mix or some frank's hot sauce to spice it up.

My wife makes a killer cheese dip...

1 brick of velveeta cut into small cubes

2 cans of diced green chili's

1 bag of monterey jack shredded

1qt of salsa--2 if you like

crock pot on low heat with ocassional stirring and BAM good stuff

Of course you can add hamburger, sausage, hot sauce or whatever but this is the base.

Was this it?

HOT CHEESE DIP

2 lb. Velveeta cheese

1 1/2 c. chunky salsa

1 lb. hot Italian sausage

1 lb. hamburger

Cook hamburger, drain. Cook hot Italian sausage, drain. Melt Cheddar and Velveeta over medium heat, add salsa and cooked meat. Mix together. Serve hot with tortilla chips.

You can also add a packet of taco seasoning mix or some frank's hot sauce to spice it up.

Bingo. I believe that's the one. I'm usually not one to eat this type of thing, but damn if I couldn't stop shoving it down my gullet the first time I made it.

Thanks so much.

The one I posted was very simple....

1lb of ground sausage

1lb of salsa

1lb of VELVEETA CHEESE MEXICAN MILD

Put velveeta and salsa in crock pot. While that's melting, brown the sausage. Add sausage to crock pot once it's done. Slow cook for 2-3 hours on low to med.

Depending on the number of people you have over, it's easy to increase the amounts. I found the 1lb of each ingredient good for 2-3 people since you can either use it as a dip, or put it on anything.

My personal favorite salsa - easy and it is good for you (don't tell anyone).

It goes great with Tecate, Sol and lime, Pacifico, or a Dos Equis Amber ale. <_<

The cheese/salsa/sausage sounds very yummy in a Garbage Plate-ish kinda way!

Pico de Gallo salsa (liberated from About.com)

INGREDIENTS:

* 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped

* 1/2 cup finely chopped onion

* 2 fresh chile peppers, mild or hot, seeded and finely chopped

(I prefer some fresh jalapeno, but you can also substitute sweet italian green pepper)

* 2 tablespoons chopped red or yellow bell pepper

* 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro (note - this ingredient is ESSENTIAL to the recipe)

* 1 teaspoon lime juice

* salt and pepper, to taste

PREPARATION:

Combine ingredients in a glass or other non-reactive bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.

I think a couple hours minimum is better, but that's me, and what the hell is a reactive bowl - nucular (sic)?

Makes about 2 cups (or about 6 if you triple the recipe).

http://web.archive.org/web/20060221145344/...e.com/cookbook/

I'm hoping Scott puts the cookbook back and simply removes the page to fill in new recipes...

This is my favorite (artichoke dip):

http://web.archive.org/web/20051113145235/...gory=Appetizers

These are excellent as well:

http://web.archive.org/web/20051113082033/...gory=Appetizers

CW

Chicken Wing Dip Works Too

2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

· 1 - 12 fluid ounce) can or bottle hot chicken wing sauce

· 6 tablespoons butter

· 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened

· 1 (16 ounce) bottle blue cheese dressing

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. Place chicken in a pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook 25 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Drain liquid from pot and shred (let it cool and finely shred by hand) chicken. Mix wing sauce and butter into pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.

3. Spread cream cheese over the bottom of an 8x8 inch baking dish. Pour chicken mixture over cream cheese. Top with dressing.

4. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until hot and bubbly.

Personally, I cut the Frank's sauce down and use some more flavorable sauces - Your Choice

Recipe easily doubles / triples for a crowd

what would you dip into this? I am making it today and it sounds good

Chicken Wing Dip Works Too

2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

· 1 - 12 fluid ounce) can or bottle hot chicken wing sauce

· 6 tablespoons butter

· 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened

· 1 (16 ounce) bottle blue cheese dressing

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. Place chicken in a pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook 25 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Drain liquid from pot and shred (let it cool and finely shred by hand) chicken. Mix wing sauce and butter into pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.

3. Spread cream cheese over the bottom of an 8x8 inch baking dish. Pour chicken mixture over cream cheese. Top with dressing.

4. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until hot and bubbly.

Personally, I cut the Frank's sauce down and use some more flavorable sauces - Your Choice

Recipe easily doubles / triples for a crowd