When I awoke this morning, it was with a smile...

The_Real

The Colts beat the Patriots. All the Brady/Bruschi love the national media has didn't help them. P. Manning and the Colts got over on the beloved Patriots and for that I know that there is a god. My hopes and prayers are that the Patriots begin to slowly fade back to the bottom of the league, where they rightfully belong.

Let us all take a moment and realize 18 points up in the first half, the Pats collapsed. They could not get a stop on the Colts and no matter how many scoring drives in the second half, they simply could not stop Peyton's boys. For this tremendous feat I am going to have a really really good day.

Happy Patriots lose day everyone.

T_R

Ive said this all year that the patriots have a real problem @ LB. Vrabel & Bruschi are just too slow. Bruschi's skills have diminished greatly from prestroke, & Im calling it now, I would not be surprised one bit if they cut him in the offseason. I really think this might be the beginning of the end for the patriots run of supremacy in the AFC East. They have way more cracks in the armor then they have ever had before.

Again, I asked this question 150 times last night and got no good answers to it:

What the hell does this have to do with the Bills? Does it somehow validate the team that choked the chicken 4 years in a row? Does it make this current team that hasn't made the PLAYOFFS in seven seasons any better?

Before we start gloating, howsabout we MAKE IT to the playoffs for a change?

Again, I asked this question 150 times last night and got no good answers to it:

What the hell does this have to do with the Bills? Does it somehow validate the team that choked the chicken 4 years in a row? Does it make this current team that hasn't made the PLAYOFFS in seven seasons any better?

JSP, I think it's pretty comparable to the 2004 ALCS.

Yankee haters everywhere--even if they weren't Red Sox fans--were feeling the love the morning after because the big, bad Yanks finally crashed and burned like they never had before. And to make it even sweeter, it happened at the hands of their annual whipping boys. Just like yesterday.

What should we, as Bills fans, be feeling today? Constant misery and reflection because our team didn't make the playoffs? Why can't we participate in another team's schadenfreude for a few days?

Watching the Patriots lose is a consolation prize, thats all. Doesn't make the Bills any better, just makes me feel a bit better.

Exactly. It means nothing. All it means is that THEY made the AFC championships after beating the Chargers in SD. It doesn't make the Bills any better.

Until Buffalo beats NE, all this whining and half-gloating is moot.

Exactly. It means nothing. All it means is that THEY made the AFC championships after beating the Chargers in SD. It doesn't make the Bills any better.

I means we're talking about the teams that are still playing. What's the problem? I like football....I keep watching even after the Bills are out of it.

shut the F up will you..our hated rival choked away a chance for another SUper Bowl..we enjoy these things..if you do not...that is your problem...my god you have me such a headache...

I means we're talking about the teams that are still playing. What's the problem? I like football....I keep watching even after the Bills are out of it.

I do too, but I don't obsess about others' successes or failures. I've changed my thinking on this radically. Much like the American car manufacturers should be emulating Toyota, the Bills should emulate the Patriots.

Just MO, but winning as many games as they have over the past 6 or 7 years kind of makes it common sense.

I do too, but I don't obsess about others' successes or failures. I've changed my thinking on this radically. Much like the American car manufacturers should be emulating Toyota, the Bills should emulate the Patriots.

Just MO, but winning as many games as they have over the past 6 or 7 years kind of makes it common sense.

If you like seeing the Patriots win or are unaffected when they win, don't respond to this post because I'm happy they didn't. I hate the Patriots. As a fan of an AFC east team who has been forced to listen how Brady is 'the next' or how Belechick is the 'best mind in football' or the Patriots are 'the best franchise in football', I'm elated. They blew an 18 point lead. Their star quarterback threw the deciding interception.

How it affects the Bills doesn't really matter. It's not about the Bills. It's about the Patriots losing and the national media having to talk about how Brady blew it. How Belechick got beat.

If you want to hate on the Bills because I post how happy I am that the pats lost, you're just looking to be negative. They lost, I'm rejoicing. That shouldn't bother you, the Bills or anyone else who isn't affected. I'm affected, they lost.. Nah nah. : P

T_R

Very simply--this Pats situation is more than about Pats football. Its about there being a God--which i know now there IS!!! Because the satanic duo of belicheck and Brady has been defeated. Glory to God.

We DO emulate the Patriots. I don't see how that means we don't hate them, though. :worthy:

We DO emulate the Patriots. I don't see how that means we don't hate them, though. :worthy:

We do?

:lol:

I don't have a problem hating them. In fact, I don't like them all that much myself. That being said, I WISH the Bills had been so successful. I WANT the Bills to finally beat them, and beat them good. I just don't think it's going to happen for some time. What's Brady? 26 or 27? It's insane.

I don't have a problem hating them. In fact, I don't like them all that much myself. That being said, I WISH the Bills had been so successful. I WANT the Bills to finally beat them, and beat them good. I just don't think it's going to happen for some time. What's Brady? 26 or 27? It's insane.

30 at the end of August. Still, certainly should have some decent years in him. That said, whomever is calling him the next Montana should bear in mind that Walsh didn't even think Montana was the best QB on his team. Young was probably one of the best and better than JM, by extension better than Brady, in an era in which the Cowboys presented far more of a challenge than any team has presented NE in their dominant time.

30 at the end of August. Still, certainly should have some decent years in him. That said, whomever is calling him the next Montana should bear in mind that Walsh didn't even think Montana was the best QB on his team. Young was probably one of the best and better than JM, by extension better than Brady, in an era in which the Cowboys presented far more of a challenge than any team has presented NE in their dominant time.

What's his W/L record against the Bills? He sees Buffalo on the schedule and sees two wins. Until that changes, I'll continue to think of him as the best QB the Bills have ever had to face, including Marino...

What's his W/L record against the Bills? He sees Buffalo on the schedule and sees two wins. Until that changes, I'll continue to think of him as the best QB the Bills have ever had to face, including Marino...

Bull. Marino on that team, playing their scheme correctly, would carve the Bills to pieces with regularity. It's probably the best scheme the Bills have had to face in-division. But you're measuring a Marino that never had a running game and faced the best Bills team of all time with a Brady that has faced a Bills squad perpetually in the doldrums or just on the cusp of getting out.

It's a team game. The Pats have been winners because they've exemplified that to a T. And what they've been able to do is somehow maintain their cool when it seems they are always losing the guys who brought them there; Milloy, Branch, Law, etc etc etc, now Samuel. Good front office, great scheme, smart staff.

Bill Walsh did the same thing. Brady is very good, no doubt. But he is not a better individual QB than Manning, Young, or Marino. He may be a better 'team QB.'

Bruschi's skills have diminished greatly from prestroke, & Im calling it now, I would not be surprised one bit if they cut him in the offseason.

There has actually been talk that he is considering retirement. Given his health situation, I wouldn't be surprised if he did. In fact, I would almost encourage it...he's won 3 rings and is one of the more respected players in the game. He has nothing left to prove, in my opinion.

I really think this might be the beginning of the end for the patriots run of supremacy in the AFC East. They have way more cracks in the armor then they have ever had before.

I think this goes to the coaching. Belichick aside, they kept losing their assistants (Weis, Crennel, Mangini) and losing players because those assistants are gone. I wonder how much the coordinators were a buffer between the players and BB - if the players are now interacting directly with Belichick more than in the past (and we know what a sunny disposition he has), there could be some more tension in the locker room than we're lead to believe. I have no evidence to back this up, but it's just a thought.

We split games with the Pats next year. Mark it down.

you're right, it doesn't make buffalo any better. but it sure does feel good. so what the hell is your problem?

We split games with the Pats next year. Mark it down.

That would be a good start....We need to beat the Pats in our own backyard....The last 3-4 times we have played them close in NE....however we have been pasted by them at home...

That would be a good start....We need to beat the Pats in our own backyard....The last 3-4 times we have played them close in NE....however we have been pasted by them at home...

So many things go into beating another team that typically dominates you. But as the year progressed, I don't think anyone would argue that our team clearly got better. As a result, I would most certainly have liked to have played NE after the bye week when we made adjustments to the OL. Suddenly we are better at protecting the quarterback, better at second-half adjustments, better at gameplanning and we both know if you stick it in the endzone on fourth-and-1 in our first meeting (the revamped team would have a better success rate on a play like that), it would have gone a long way to changing the outcome of that game.

But of course, even if we beat them once next year, people will still cry that it doesn't matter until you do it consistently. You can't please people who refuse to be pleased for any amount of time. Some people are just happier when they're bitching.

Let me try to explain it to you in haiku:

I hate New England.

God, do I hate New England.

I hate New England.

The Bills don't have to do well for me to hate the Patriots. The only prerequisite is that the Patriots exist.

That prick bellyache wouldn't even shake Peyton's hand when he left the field. All he did was push him away. Bellyache didn't even bother shaking or congratulating Tony Dungy. What a prick!

He actually did congratulate and hug Dungy, but I look forward to the day he blows off our quarterback at midfield because JP knocked them out of the playoffs.