Willis is a choirboy

Albany,n.y.

To all the people who want Willis out of town, did you also want the guys who formed the core of the 1990s teams gone too?

Jim Kelly-Claimed to have cried when the Bills drafted him, had run-ins in bars (One example:the time he trew a drink at a woman), didn't originally sign with the team, complained in public to the media about his RT after a 1989 injury, his 1st child was born prior to his marriage.

Bruce Smith-Suspended 4 games in 1988 for drug violation (presumed to be cocaine), fell asleep in his car because of "sleep apnea", almost never participated in any voluntary drills & did his best to avoid camp whenever possible, signed with Denver forcing the Bills to match that contract or lose him.

Darryl Talley-Arrested for DWI while a Bill (I heard that the cop was going to let him go, but when the cop told him he would help get Darryl home, Darryl replied that instead he wanted to go to the policeman's house and have sex with the cop's wife, the cop then arrested him)

Corneilius Bennett-Convicted of forceable sex with a woman after he left the Bills.

Eric Moulds-Numerous children, allegedly attacked girlfriend including lifting her by the neck in the 1990s.

and of course, a Bill from an earlier era: O.J. Simpson-did cocaine numerous times while an active member of the team and you all know what happened later.

So, before you demand that Willis be banished because he isn't high enough character for Marv & the Bills, you better look at what the Bills have accepted in the past. The character Marv is looking for is in the lockerroom & on the field. Under your character standards, we wouldn't have fielded a competitive team in the 1990s. Players like Reich, Kelso & Tasker are the exception, not the rule.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If WM had run like he did 2 years ago or even ran for 1200 yds this season there wouldn't be as much criticism of him on or OFF the field. If he put up LT stats, NO ONE would care how many kids he had with different women as they did balls he carried into the end zone; you know like those who didn't care how many kids Moulds was producing as long as he was producing on the field!

To all the people who want Willis out of town, did you also want the guys who formed the core of the 1990s teams gone too?

Jim Kelly-Claimed to have cried when the Bills drafted him, had run-ins in bars (One example:the time he trew a drink at a woman), didn't originally sign with the team, complained in public to the media about his RT after a 1989 injury, his 1st child was born prior to his marriage.

Bruce Smith-Suspended 4 games in 1988 for drug violation (presumed to be cocaine), fell asleep in his car because of "sleep apnea", almost never participated in any voluntary drills & did his best to avoid camp whenever possible, signed with Denver forcing the Bills to match that contract or lose him.

Darryl Talley-Arrested for DWI while a Bill (I heard that the cop was going to let him go, but when the cop told him he would help get Darryl home, Darryl replied that instead he wanted to go to the policeman's house and have sex with the cop's wife, the cop then arrested him)

Corneilius Bennett-Convicted of forceable sex with a woman after he left the Bills.

Eric Moulds-Numerous children, allegedly attacked girlfriend including lifting her by the neck in the 1990s.

and of course, a Bill from an earlier era: O.J. Simpson-did cocaine numerous times while an active member of the team and you all know what happened later.

So, before you demand that Willis be banished because he isn't high enough character for Marv & the Bills, you better look at what the Bills have accepted in the past. The character Marv is looking for is in the lockerroom & on the field. Under your character standards, we wouldn't have fielded a competitive team in the 1990s. Players like Reich, Kelso & Tasker are the exception, not the rule.

But...but...Willis sucks!

Willis is obviously irresponsible---I think we can all agree with that. He is an average NFL back, no better, no worse. You could pick up his production with a 3rd or fourth round pick. He may be a nice guy as well, he seems likeable enough. He is disinterested in Buffalo and longs for a bigger city.

I don't recall Willis marrying the woman who gave birth to his first child. Comparing Kelly to Willis on that front is a low blow and a horrible comparison. JK has gone to become a great family man who has done great things for certain types of med research etc... after the difficult Krabbe's issue with Hunter. To compare the two in that regard is absurd.

Willis is obviously irresponsible---I think we can all agree with that. He is an average NFL back, no better, no worse. You could pick up his production with a 3rd or fourth round pick. He may be a nice guy as well, he seems likeable enough. He is disinterested in Buffalo and longs for a bigger city.

I don't recall Willis marrying the woman who gave birth to his first child. Comparing Kelly to Willis on that front is a low blow and a horrible comparison. JK has gone to become a great family man who has done great things for certain types of med research etc... after the difficult Krabbe's issue with Hunter. To compare the two in that regard is absurd.

Jim Kelly once bought me an ice cream cone so in my eyes he can do no wrong.

Gee, thanks for pointing out that Willis' mistakes weren't as bad as OJ's. That was very profound of you.

As for the other former Bills, none of them made an interview to the media being fully on board with the team moving out of Buffalo which was the tipping point for this whole mess Willis created for himself. Bills fans don't want to hear a slacker player with three baby mommas telling them that he supports the team moving out of Buffalo. But of course you didn't mention this in your post. That's what this is about, plain and simple. A lot of players weren't too keen on coming to Buffalo, including Kelly. But they gave their full effort to the team which your buddy Willis isn't doing. His comments were offensive to me as a fan of the Bills and it will take some doing on his part to redeem himself in my eyes. I'm tired of you guys preaching about how we should feel towards Willis, try not to worry about it so much.

You're completely missing the point. If Willis dazzled us with the performance that the core of the 90's team did, we wouldn't even notice his extracurricular activities. We were too busy back in the early 90's following what went on on the field.

well put albany (though I still don't like willis). If willis was tomlinson on the field nobody would make a peep.

There is plenty more to add to that list as well - just ask the orchard park police or some local businesses if they know anything else about good old #12.

I noticed that you didn't mention what these four former did provide and that is some Super Bowl appearances. It's much easier to accept the bad with the good, I'm just wondering where the good is with MaGahee.

I think that was the point of the post. We tend to ignore the off-field escapades of the players we like.

You know what the difference is?

Kelly is in the HOF.

Thurman will be.

Bruce will be.

Talley was a gamer and Pro Bowler

Bennett ... Pro Bowler

Moulds ... Pro Bowler

I'm not saying that makes it right from them to do what they supposedly did, however, McGahee's act and attitude have worn thin. The guy touted himself as the best in the league and he's not even a top 15 back. He talks the talk but can't walk the walk, those guys can and did. People are always willing to overlook someone's missteps when they're excelling in some other part of their life or field, but when you're an ignorant (I think his wonderlic was in the low teens), barely literate, under-achieving, selfish a-hole, you don't get the benefit of the doubt. That's how life unfortunately works.

i cant believe the majority reaction here is that "we wouldnt care if he performed well on the field"

so everyone talking soooo self-righteously about someone being a bad guy and not of quality character is willing to sell out their "beliefs" for wins.

youre all children, grow up and get over yourselves.

edit: if anyone knows anyone that works in local hospitals, ask around about how many times Jim Kelly's wife has come in after being choked or thrown down the stairs while pregnant....

As for the other former Bills, none of them made an interview to the media being fully on board with the team moving out of Buffalo which was the tipping point for this whole mess Willis created for himself.

Sure, they may have been cokeheads, abusers, rapists, and murderers, but at least they didn't try to take away our toy!

You're completely missing the point. If Willis dazzled us with the performance that the core of the 90's team did, we wouldn't even notice his extracurricular activities. We were too busy back in the early 90's following what went on on the field.

What you said is about half of my point. My point is that people are getting all moral on Willis because of the 3 kids and the Buffalo stuff because of his lack of production.

But, then the other group brings Marv in saying he wants players of high character. Obviously, Marv knows how to look the other way like the rest of us when a player is producing. To use Marv's words on character as an excuse as to why Marv should get rid of Willis is absurd. The only character Marv is looking for is football character, he doesn't judge players by how many unmarried kids they produce or if they say dumb things to the media. His closest friend in the NFL once said the infamous "get out of town" stuff to the media & Marv was not offended.

most of the reason behind us losing 4 super bowls is the fact that the entire week before Kelly, Bennett, Thurman, Reed, Smith, and Talley and who knows who else were all out drinking and doing tons of coke. so feel free to thank their selfishness for all our pain and suffering.

Marv even said it himself, if he could go do one thing differently it would be having a curfew...

I noticed that you didn't mention what these four former did provide and that is some Super Bowl appearances. It's much easier to accept the bad with the good, I'm just wondering where the good is with MaGahee.

There would be good if WM had a better supporting cast around him. Can't compare JP to JK yet, or Aaron with Bruce, or Evans with Reed, although I see Evans being just as good if not better. This o-line doesn't come close to that o-line either. It's all a matter of opinion. Apples to Oranges.