Van Pelt may go to Giants as QB coach

ShelfromNJ

why would alex leave the bills? isnt he our qb coach?

whoops he is our offensive quality coach,but i stil think he would stay here.i am sure that since he spent his career here he would like to move up the bills coaching staff tree.

whoops he is our offensive quality coach,but i stil think he would stay here.i am sure that since he spent his career here he would like to move up the bills coaching staff tree.

A) It's a promotion

B) Sometimes you have to leave the environment that you're comfortable in order to truly flourish.

I guess it's too bad we don't know which coach was most responsible for Losman's growth this season.

True, but I'd be willing to bet that Fairchild and Schonert had more to do with it than Alex.

You gotta figure that it's 50-50 Gilbride will be fired within 10 games. Then Alex could step up...

As much as we all laugh at Gilbride, he has overseen some fairly prolific offenses in the last 20 years...lets face it, cooridinators are the easiest to scapegoat. You can't fire all the players (even if they all suck, salary cap ramifications) and a coach will usually throw an assistant under the bus, to save his own job.

Not saying Gilbride is the best, but like Dan Henning before him, his success was at least, in part, affected by what he had to work with. Gilbride and Couglin did pretty well together in Jacksonville, and whatever we think, QB's seem to love playing in Gilbrides' offense.

True, but I'd be willing to bet that Fairchild and Schonert had more to do with it than Alex.

Agree.

Quality control coaches only break down film, from what I've read. AVP might have helped JP on the side, but I doubt it was part of his job.

btw, if you're AVP, you've got to leave for that job--QB Coach is the next big step up the coaching ladder.