Kevin Curtis Vs Mike Furrey

Kevin Curtis Vs Mike Furrey, which of the 2 would make a nice combo with Lee Evans? I have to admit I dont know much about either guy. But if I had to pick Mike Furrey is the guy thats stands out to me. He had a nice year this year he was a major target in the Lions offense and he put up big #'s with Roy Williams on the other side of him. As for Curtis, If I can recall a little injury prone?

Any thoughts?

Kevin Curtis Vs Mike Furrey, which of the 2 would make a nice combo with Lee Evans? I have to admit I dont know much about either guy. But if I had to pick Mike Furrey is the guy thats stands out to me. He had a nice year this year he was a major target in the Lions offense and he put up big #'s with Roy Williams on the other side of him. As for Curtis, If I can recall a little injury prone?

Any thoughts?

Neither. I'd rather keep the guys we have.

Also, Curtis is more of a slot guy--which we have an abundance of.

If we're going to pursue a FA receiving target, I'd like Daniel Graham above all others. If nothing else, takes away from the Patriots, and adds to us.

He's a really good all-around player, though. Brady trusts him a heck of a lot more than Ben "Stone Hands" Watson.

Furrey would be way more expensive AND he has only truly put up one good year (2006).

Curtis is younger and has been consistent for his 4 years (~ 40 rec/500 yards per season) - but is this good enough to replace price or reed?

What about Drew bennett? he is 6' 5" (curtis and Furrey are 5 11 and 6 ' 0 respectively). Bennett has slowed in the past year but the QB changed twice which CAN impact a WR - (different QB's prefer different receivers sometimes).

Bennett is a UFA and with the Titans still without a GM, resigning him could very well be delayed - giving the Bills a chance to slip in and get him at a cheaper price than we might otherwise have done. I love the idea of getting someone to whom JP can throw my favorite pass inside the 20 - the fade. Snap the ball and play catch with someone who can reach well above the defenders. Keyshawn Johnson used to kill us with this play when he played for the jets.

my 2 cents....

-RnJ

Any thoughts?

I have posted a couple of times that I was high on Curtis because of his speed. yeah he has only been a third slot guy but he plays behind Holt and Bruce. Last season (2005) when Bruce was injured, Curtis filled in very well.

But after further consideration, I think I would prefer to have Drew Bennett over Curtis. Furrey had a tremendous year, but I would prefer to have seen him do what he did this year twice before I gambled a ton of FA money on him. I would hate to see the Bills signe a "Alvin Harper" type player and get stuck with nothing.

I think I'll need some convincing that Furrey was anything but a fluke last year. Remember Michael Clayton '04? Or, for that matter, Peerless Price '02? If he comes ridiculously cheap, well, that's another story. I'm guessing he'll be back in Detroit.

Curtis would be a good player if we didn't already have Price and Parrish. He might be marginally better, but his strenghths are being a small, quicker guy, not really what we're missing.

I'd say Bennett is the ideal choice, if he's not asking for too much money - he's an ideal possession/#2 type to complement the speedsters. I'd look at Bobby Engram and Patrick Crayton as well, neither of whom have size but have shown reliable hands.

I like most would love to see a big WR come to Buffalo, but my only concern is, is that a big WR is not what Fairchild needs to runs his down the field threat system. I mean ive been wrong before, I could be wrong again......

I agree with Furrey, is he the real deal or a fluke. That was a very good point.

Drew Bennett is a nice option but I think Tennessee pays him to stay there.

It is clear we need another WR that slightly better then what we have now......

I like Kevin Curtis quite a bit...I think he may be one of the very fastest players in the NFL, plus, he has good hands...

That being said, I agree, what he has to offer is not necessarily what we need most. Roscoe Parrish has similar skills. But, for a team in need, Curtis is a very good, under-utilized player.

You mean if Curtis/Furrey are my only choices?

Let me see...

Curtis, 40 receps. and 4 TDs this year.

Furrey, 98 receps. and 6 TDs this year.

Well, let me ask you this... assuming you like ice cream. Would you rather have one scoop, or two?

Neither, I don't see how either of them are much of an upgrade from the "Price/Reed/Davis: #3 WR's battling for a #2 position connection".

What he said. I also concur with the idea of going after a #1 TE ahead of a (potential) #2 WR; too bad the market is so thin after Graham...