The Official 2007 American Idol Thread

Rico

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, I'd say the show is getting better with some personalities coming out in the songs and people finally stepping up a bit.

LaKisha: Has there ever been a contestant on this show with such a great voice and so little personality?? Do you even know where you are LaKisha? Your have one of the best voices on the show...have some fun dammit!!! She reminds me of Eeyore.

Chris: Oh you big tub goo....what the hell happened to you? You know, at the beginning of the show I thought he had one of the better vocals, but the past couple weeks he sounds like crap. I like the guy, but he's down on Sanjaya's level lately. Okay...not quite that low, but getting there. And dude...start working out. Being out of breath in the middle of your songs aint helping you none.

Gina: DAMN girl...you blew it out of the water! I've always liked Gina, she's the kind of girl that's great to hang out with and throw back a few beers, but her performances define average. She rocked this one though! Great job.

Sanjaya: Is there anything else you can do to make me think less of you? Oh...how about you dress up like a rooster and gyrate around on stage for a few minutes? You know...I can't help it, I like the kid. Yeah, I said it! You have absolutely no shot at winning this competition, or getting through life without considerable humiliation, but your alright in my book. Stick around a few weeks.

Haley: I love you. And no, I don't care that you can't really sing. Really, I wouldn't even know if I didn't hear about it from other people. I don't think I've ever listened to one of your songs. That said, I have actually had thoughts of picking up the phone just to keep you around for another week.

Phil: :shudder: Dude, watching you stare at me and tell me that you'll be watching every move I make was one of the more horrifying experiences in recent memory for me. But in all fairness, you finally found a song you can sing. Well done.

Melinda: I really can't stand anything about you. I can't stand that you have a great voice despite not having a neck. I can't stand your personality. And like everyone else I want to reach through the TV and smack the hell out of you every time I see that "oh, I'm so shocked people are saying nice things about me" look on you face!!! You are probably the most talented person in this competition and I hope to see you gone every week. But hey, that's just me.

Blake: I've been holding off on saying this for the past few weeks, but Blake is bright spot in the show this year. Not the best voice, but I really dig the way he turns average songs into something...I don't know....cool? I could live without the beat boxing, but I understand it's your "thing", so whatever. Keep it up man!

Jordin: I never know what to think about Jordin. One week I think she's great, the next I'm bored almost to tears. This week was somewhere in the middle. I honestly think if she would sing and perform to her potential she could steal the show. She just needs to belt it out!

Chris: "Chris Richardson". Dude, even your name is boring. Hasn't this guy been voted off like 6 time already? I thought the show was over when they announced he was next! Damn you're boring!!!!

I haven't had the chance to watch it, (hasn't come on here yet) but I read above that Chris Sligh (the fat guy) was vote off. Can't say I'm really surprised. Going into it, he was one of my favorites, but I know that had more to do with his attitude than anything. He's been expendable for a couple weeks, and while he wasn't the worst this week he certainly didn't earn the right to stay.

American Idol Season 6

Air Date: 3-Apr-07

Guest Coach: Tony Bennett

American Classics night featured Tony Bennett as the guest coach, looking resplendent in his shag carpet and the yellow blazer he first wore when guest-hosting Wide World of Sports with Kurt Gowdy in 1977.

First up was B’shicka-b’shicka-b-b-lake (Blake Lewis), wearing the Salvation Army sportcoat he purchased for his interview at the temp agency last year. Seemingly channeling Sammy Davis, B’shicka laid on the Rat Pack charm and hinted that he’ll soon trade in his life as a temp for his new life singing in an off-the-Strip lounge in Vegas. Like last week, B’shicka shunned the beatboxing and made it feel like it was years ago, not weeks ago, that he was shredding fly tunes from the likes of Jamiroquai and 311. Despite the lameness, Ryan Seacrest attempted some kind of ghetto-meets-homo handshake/chest-bump, subliminally convincing America to invite B’shicka back for another week of beatbox-tease.

Next up was Paler Sailor (Phil Stacey) reminding us why he usually wears a hat. Without the lid, Paler looked like he had just climbed out of his bed at the chemo ward, affixing a couple leeches where his eyebrows used to be. What a bone-chillingly freaky-lookin’ dude. (Coming soon to a theater near you: Paler Sailor vs. Freddy and Jason.) His velvety vocals were lost on the judges, and I’m afraid, lost on America too. Despite the moral support from his wife and what appeared to be two daddies in matching t-shirts in the audience, I’m afraid it might be back to the Navy for you this week, Paler Sailor.

The third singer was Ebony Neckless (Melinda Doolittle), fresh off her victory in the 20-yard dash at the Special Olympics. The “shortbus prodigy”, as she is known in her hometown, once again sang like a champ. But this time, her doe-eyed humility schtick during the judges’ remarks was replaced by what appeared to be a fresh cocaine buzz. Scary stuff, but Ebony will sail through to next week.

Next up was Justin Nosefulte (Chris Richardson), who appeared to have blown his nose before the performance, because his sinuses sounded remarkably free from obstruction. Laying down a jazzy groove accented by his trademark syncopated-snap-and-squat dance move, twinkly-eyed Justin took command of the stage and convinced tweener girls all across America to cast their votes. You’re safe again this week, Mr. Noseflute.

Up fifth was Sparky Permasmile (Jordin Sparks), who, at a mere 20% of Tony Bennett’s age, seemed to think that singing with a breathy tone would add a touch of class to the American Classics. But alas, she sounded more like she forgot her inhaler. Worse yet, her baggy pants and converse sneakers screamed “I’m PMSing and feel fat today!” But with one quarter of America’s females feeling the same way last night, the PMS empathy voting demographic will propel her to the next round.

Next up was ‘Gina (Gina Glocksen), who opened the performance sitting on a tall stool in a slit skirt that showed off her freshly-shaven thighs. With a hairstyle that looked like a braided comb-over, she expanded her tranny glam hag demographic to include the *balding* tranny glam hags. Good move, ‘Gina! But with crossed eyes and a facial expression that seemed to indicate that she had just had a stroke, ‘Gina failed to impart upon her voting public the extent of sheer panic she feels about going back to her waitressing job at Applebee’s. Whether it’s this week or next week, it won’t be long before ‘Gina returns to wearing at least 18 pieces of flair five nights a week.

The seventh performer was Sangria Shemale-akar (the now-legendary Sanjaya), who apparently gave a little somethin’-somethin’ to Tony Bennett before their run-through, because Tony seemed positively smitten with the light and fruity Sangria. Wearing a white Travolta-esque leisure suit and with his priceless locks pasted to his skull with Miracle Whip, Sangria’s weekly middle-school talent show performance will certainly resonate with his fans, and he will continue unimpeded toward the producers’ worst nightmare: Sangria in the finale.

The next-to-last performer was Gams O’Do-me (Hayley Scarnato), dressed in a tree-frog motif that showed us that, sadly, her stunning legs are far more attractive than her oddly droopy cleavage. But the future local-news weather reporter came across as totally believable with her song choice of Ain’t Misbehavin’, because for her, misbehaving equals the almost-taboo activity of scrapbooking pictures of Johnny Depp while drinking a 4-pack of Mike’s Hard Lemonade. But across America, college-aged males watched her performance with the sound off and then texted their vote to “0-8”, meaning that Gams will give another pageant performance next week.

Closing the show was La Quiche á Jones (Lakisha Jones), clad once again in a wallpaper gown. With her massive udders swangin’ from side to side, and her frightening lips reminding us that collagen should be more heavily regulated by the FDA, La Quiche á nonetheless delivered a solid performance worthy of another week on the show.

Will Paler Sailor really go back to humming Spice Girls songs in the Navy mess hall? Or will ‘Gina return to slinging jalapeno poppers to families in suburban Illinois? Or will Gams O’Do-me finally take those phone calls from The Weather Channel and Hugh Hefner? Find out tonight…after the break.

Will Paler Sailor really go back to humming Spice Girls songs in the Navy mess hall? Or will ‘Gina return to slinging jalapeno poppers to families in suburban Illinois? Or will Gams O’Do-me finally take those phone calls from The Weather Channel and Hugh Hefner? Find out tonight…after the break.

Nice job!

Yeah, good call UB2SF... of the 3, I would've sent Powder home cause he's just far too creepy, but it really didn't matter to me. Right now, I am just waiting for the week that the fat, fugly, no-personality, entitled, over-pimped gorilla named Lakisha gets sent home... that will be great & the only thing that can save this season for me. That & if Sanjaya won, cause Stern vs. Eric the Midget is great radio.

Yeah, good call UB2SF... of the 3, I would've sent Powder home cause he's just far too creepy, but it really didn't matter to me. Right now, I am just waiting for the week that the fat, fugly, no-personality, entitled, over-pimped gorilla named Lakisha gets sent home... that will be great & the only thing that can save this season for me. That & if Sanjaya won, cause Stern vs. Eric the Midget is great radio.

You need to get a new radio. 0:)

Must be a California thing. ;)

Are you one of those that find this funny?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ3KVYt8__A

Yikes! HELL NO! You know I hate everything (well, almost).

The 3 Amigos is something that sucks funny out of the world, IMO.

BTW, I'm infecting Florida now.

Yikes! HELL NO! You know I hate everything (well, almost).

The 3 Amigos is something that sucks funny out of the world, IMO.

BTW, I'm infecting Florida now.

Well, that's good, you passed the litmus test...

I may have to re-evaluate your label.

Well, that's good, you passed the litmus test...

I may have to re-evaluate your label.

"When they tried to hang that sign on me, I said, "Take it down".

Well it's not like I keep track of the show every single week. ;)

Okay, I'm just going to ignore the absolute stupidity that it took to actually post that, and say instead...if you hate the show so much, stop posting on the board........I mean thread.

Well it's not like I keep track of the show every single week. ;)

Keeping track of the show and reading a thread are totally different things. You were being a smartass with your little sleeping z's and wanting to know who got voted off. Well all you had to do was read, or haven't you learned your ABC's yet. Still working through recess? :blink:

Okay, I'm just going to ignore the absolute stupidity that it took to actually post that, and say instead...if you hate the show so much, stop posting on the board........I mean thread.

You meant board.

Go Hayley! A little eye candy goes a long way in terms of keeping me tuned in to AI! ;) The people voting for Sanjaya as a joke will have to up the ante in the coming weeks. It will take a lot more votes to keep him around for more than another week or so.

I wonder if Sanjaya is starting to feel guilty cause all of the better singers are starting to getting booted off but he's still here. ;)

If he could feel "guilt", do you think he might also be able to feel "shame"?

I wonder if Sanjaya is starting to feel guilty cause all of the better singers are starting to getting booted off but he's still here. ;)

But now the viewers have a new reason to keep voting for Sanjaya and no it's not his new mustache (which doesn't look like a mustache at all, in fact it looks like he tried to eat a black sharpie and missed his mouth -- several times).

Now when we learn Sanjaya is safe we get to watch his father dance an Indian gig like the homeless man on my street who dances for nickles. It's the funniest 30 seconds of TV Fox has had in a long time!