NE OL gave up only 17 sacks the entire regular Season

ganesh

During yesterdays broadcast, they mentioned that the Pats OL gave up just 17 sacks the entire season...Ours gave up 47 sacks.....

If the line gives up only that much sacks, the QB can completely trust his line holding up and then he can pick and chose out of his 4 WRs and throw......The QB play is all about confidence and that confidence comes in the fact that your OL is going to give you the time to make that throw.....and that is exactly what the line did for the Pats yesterday....

I don't know how the Pats OL does their pass protection, but it does work very effectively.

I don't know how the Pats OL does their pass protection, but it does work very effectively.

I'd say that their greatest strength is spending every game blocking for a QB with great field awareness who always seems to get the ball out on time.

During yesterdays broadcast, they mentioned that the Pats OL gave up just 17 sacks the entire season...Ours gave up 47 sacks.....

If the line gives up only that much sacks, the QB can completely trust his line holding up and then he can pick and chose out of his 4 WRs and throw......The QB play is all about confidence and that confidence comes in the fact that your OL is going to give you the time to make that throw.....and that is exactly what the line did for the Pats yesterday....

Thats pretty damn impressive. What is their OTs name who was a first round pick out of OU (i think)? I remember watching him earlier in the year and being very impressed.

Oddly enough I believe 6 of those 17 sacks were against us. Only if we could do something against their defense for a change.

I counted seven, but regardless it's over a third of their sacks in only two games. THE KEY TO BEATING THE PATRIOTS IS GETTING TO BRADY. It doesn't happen much and henceforth...they don't lose a lot!

During yesterdays broadcast, they mentioned that the Pats OL gave up just 17 sacks the entire season...

Either you misheard the announcers, or they were wrong. Brady was sacked 26 times during the season, and his backup Matt Cassel was sacked three times.

I'd say that their greatest strength is spending every game blocking for a QB with great field awareness who always seems to get the ball out on time.

Correct. The Patriots' OL is solid, but good defenses get to Brady quite a bit. The low sack totals have more to do with his ability to stand in for the big hit and get rid of the ball when a sack is imminent.

What is their OTs name who was a first round pick out of OU (i think)? I remember watching him earlier in the year and being very impressed.

The only 1st round OL on the team is LG Logan Mankins, 2005 1st rounder out of Fresno State.

I think it was either Peyton Manning or Steve McNair that was sacked 17 times.

True.

Perhaps their next greatest strength is not having Mike Gandy on their roster. He got beat enough to force the staff to move him away from the LT spot, and then he was blown up at LG on a regular basis.

Not horrible enough? Our center is small and weak, our RT is a (promising ) rookie, and imo we do not have a legit RG on the football team. We went from a finished CV to a never will be Preston. Ugly indeed. :blink:

I will give Brady all the respect in the world, but our talent level on the OL is far below that of the patsies, wouldn't you agree? <_<

I will give Brady all the respect in the world, but our talent level on the OL is far below that of the patsies, wouldn't you agree? :blink:

That's fairly obvious. The pats oline consists of 3 1st day picks. LG- Logan Mankins LT- Matt Light and RT Nick Kaczur. a UDFA and 5th rd pick. RG- Stephen Neal and C- Dan Koppen. Meanwhile none of our oline were 1st day picks drafted by us. Our best players are a 7th rd and UDFA te turned tackle. NE does an incredible job placing importance in the trenches and it shows. They do an even better job with their dline. Hopefully we can learn to follow that same example.

That's fairly obvious. The pats oline consists of 3 1st day picks. LG- Logan Mankins LT- Matt Light and RT Nick Kaczur. a UDFA and 5th rd pick. RG- Stephen Neal and C- Dan Koppen. Meanwhile none of our oline were 1st day picks drafted by us. Our best players are a 7th rd and UDFA te turned tackle. NE does an incredible job placing importance in the trenches and it shows. They do an even better job with their dline. Hopefully we can learn to follow that same example.

Well look at their D-line it's littered with 1st Rounders: Seymour, Wilfolk and Warren.

The offensive hold is an excellent prevention to sacks!

U used a key word HOLDING :blink:<_<

bills had 7 sacks on brady ..... here's links to box scores from both games

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20060910017

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20061022002

yes but how many times have you seen brady sacked and then a roughing the passer penalty called?i think the 1st bills game we got called for hitting him high and it looked like a pretty clean hit........if this was called against us did it happen to other patsies opponets as well? go bills in"07

How many holding calls did they have and what was the game situation when they got them?

They never get the killer holding penalty. Brady will hit Watson for 35 yards down the middle while Light is giving the arm bar to the DE. Their holding calls come when its either a 28-3 game or it's a holding call on an incomplete 3rd down pass.