Media continues fellating Pats....

Boatdrinks

Why is this? When reading articles on next week AFC title between Colts and Pats, the bias is quite obvious. The Pats are described as thorns in the side of Manning and Colts. Seemingly based on 4 year old contests between the teams. It is never mentioned that the Colts won the last two meetings,rather easily and in Foxboro to boot. The Pats get too much credit for what they did 3 and 4 years ago, when they were a better team than today. Many of those players are gone. Yet the patriot love fest goes on. Hopefully the classy Manning, Dungy, Harrison and Bill Polian get the calls this week. They should win the game vs Pats, but if the NFL wants its good publicity machine to keep rolling with a team called Patriots while the nation is in a questionable war... we can expect more of the same. The Pats can hold pass rushers and receivers with a wink and a nod to the refs, while questionable calls keep their failed offensive drives alive with uncanny frequency. I don't think the classy Colts players can be "baited" into personal fouls as easily as SD, but I smell a rat here.

Why is this? When reading articles on next week AFC title between Colts and Pats, the bias is quite obvious. The Pats are described as thorns in the side of Manning and Colts. Seemingly based on 4 year old contests between the teams. It is never mentioned that the Colts won the last two meetings,rather easily and in Foxboro to boot. The Pats get too much credit for what they did 3 and 4 years ago, when they were a better team than today. Many of those players are gone. Yet the patriot love fest goes on. Hopefully the classy Manning, Dungy, Harrison and Bill Polian get the calls this week. They should win the game vs Pats, but if the NFL wants its good publicity machine to keep rolling with a team called Patriots while the nation is in a questionable war... we can expect more of the same. The Pats can hold pass rushers and receivers with a wink and a nod to the refs, while questionable calls keep their failed offensive drives alive with uncanny frequency. I don't think the classy Colts players can be "baited" into personal fouls as easily as SD, but I smell a rat here.

Ahh...but the beauty is that the Pats are the 3 point underdog, and I expect they will end up being a 4.5 point underdog by game day. Follow the money!

well... given the fact that theyve won 3 super bowls in 4 seasons and in this modern league are STILL keeping the team together and STILL going to the playoffs and STILL beating good teams in the playoffs. i can understand why the media is all over their jock. i dont expect much from the media and nothing they do really surprises or affects me.

what i cant understand is why so many "Bills fans" are now swinging from the same jock?!?!?!

thats just plain unacceptable.

After the San Diego game, I switched over to the NFL Network. It was funny, Rich Eisen, Deon Sanders and Mooch were in stunned silence and acting like they were at a funeral regarding the Chargers game. They were all prepared to fellatio San Diego and didn't quite know how to change gears when the Pats won.

well... given the fact that theyve won 3 super bowls in 4 seasons and in this modern league are STILL keeping the team together and STILL going to the playoffs and STILL beating good teams in the playoffs. i can understand why the media is all over their jock. i dont expect much from the media and nothing they do really surprises or affects me.

what i cant understand is why so many "Bills fans" are now swinging from the same jock?!?!?!

Ummmmm, because if you despise them to the bottom of your soul and yet realize that they are a great team, it is reasonable. And if you despise them to the bottom of your soul and yet still think they are lucky or suck, you're a moron?

agreed. If lynch mobs hadn't become passe, I'd ask for directions to Marsha's and torch the house, garage, shed, and tree house of every Pat supporter on the way.

:thumbdown:

Ummmmm, because if you despise them to the bottom of your soul and yet realize that they are a great team, it is reasonable. And if you despise them to the bottom of your soul and yet still think they are lucky or suck, you're a moron?

what are you even trying to argue here?

I would not call this version of the Pats a great team. And if you don't think they are at all lucky or get the benefit of the doubt on almost all calls, you're kidding yourself. Just telling it like it is.

Bill Polian is a classless loser. Last year it was reported from the Press box by several sources in New England that when Flutie went in at the end of the game (Colts were killing the Pats) and Polian yelled out "break his Fukkiing leg and then this year he pushes a Jets employee up against the wall. This guy surely exudes CLASS!!!!!!!!!!

I would not call this version of the Pats a great team. And if you don't think they are at all lucky or get the benefit of the doubt on almost all calls, you're kidding yourself. Just telling it like it is.

I think they are lucky and I think they get virtually every call. But there is no denying that they are a great team. They always win, and it isn't because of the Refs and the Gods. They make plays. The players don't give up. The coaches make a ton of great game plans and calls. Brady is one of the best QBs to ever play, and he makes any WR they put out there into a productive player no matter who he is. Their roles players come up big. They have massive injuries and overcome them. Tell me that you weren't absolutely positive in your own head that the Pats were going to score AND get the two point conversion on that drive.

thank god youre here to convince us the pats are a good team.

i would never have figured it out.

enough already.

Thanks. Apparently you couldn't do it yourself. They were just lucky and got all the calls for five years running. I was just providing a public service for those less fortunate in honor of the spirit of Martin Luther King Day.

Did you see the two San Diego catch & fumbles that were ruled incomplete passes. Yeah, you're right, NE gets all the calls. :thumbdown:

In a game where the violence ends careers regularly, where free agency changes addresses frequently, where lockerroom chemistry is tenous at best and often turns on dime and the utlimate team sport where squads working together is more important than a set of individual perfomers - the Pats have had 6 years of sustained greatness--not just a good team -- but consistently at the top of the league. If the media wants to give them a blow job -- its probably pretty well deserved. If the Bills had won 1 or 2 of the Bowls during the early 90's I would have expected the same kind of treatment from the media.

If it bothers you--go ahead and post--but don't expect everyone to agree with your take on the "media bias toward the Pats".

You just !@#$ing knew they were going to find a way to win yesterday...even when Heaven's QB threw the interception God intervened in the form of Troy Brown and made it okay--from there it was all she wrote--the Chargers might has well have just forfeited at that moment and Marty should have begun updating his resume...mother !@#$ers...It pisses me off they are so good.

One side story: I watched a few games this year with the San Jose Bills Backers--MarkVaderr50, Wacka and crew...all great folks. The second game against the Pats it was a mixed crowd at the Britannia Arms in Cupertino..one Pats fan was yelling at Brady the whole game (Mostly Obscenities) and actually said he wanted Bledsoe back--this in a game where they were just kicking our butts....It taught me that every team has irrational fans...

Wow, 2 regular season wins against the Pats. How'd they do in the playoffs?

If you guys actually made the playoffs recently you'd know that the playoffs are a different animal. Just ask the Rams & the Jets who both beat the Pats in the regular season only to taste playoff defeat that very same year.

If Buffalo went in to San Diego and withstood that onslaught, the media would be fellating you (and deservedly so)

I think they are lucky and I think they get virtually every call. But there is no denying that they are a great team. They always win, and it isn't because of the Refs and the Gods. They make plays. The players don't give up. The coaches make a ton of great game plans and calls. Brady is one of the best QBs to ever play, and he makes any WR they put out there into a productive player no matter who he is. Their roles players come up big. They have massive injuries and overcome them. Tell me that you weren't absolutely positive in your own head that the Pats were going to score AND get the two point conversion on that drive.

Those are my thoughts too. The fumble after the int was a stroke of luck that graces NE more often than anybody else. But they still needed a sick parlay of plays to win the game in regulation after that play: a TD, 2pointer, 3&out defensive stop, and FG drive...not many teams get that done.

Those are my thoughts too. The fumble after the int was a stroke of luck that graces NE more often than anybody else. But they still needed a sick parlay of plays to win the game in regulation after that play: a TD, 2pointer, 3&out defensive stop, and FG drive...not many teams get that done.

Does it ever occur to you that instead of luck, its that these guys are so well coached and such aware players that they FORCE these mistakes?

Troy Brown has an amazing field presence and instinctively knew not to give up on that play a la Plaxico Burress vs the Titans. Sometimes the best luck is the luck you create.

Does it ever occur to you that instead of luck, its that these guys are so well coached and such aware players that they FORCE these mistakes?

Troy Brown has an amazing field presence and instinctively knew not to give up on that play a la Plaxico Burress vs the Titans. Sometimes the best luck is the luck you create.

Yeah it was a good play but I mean, he's not the first WR to go for a strip after an int. McCree still had to drop the ball and NE still had to recover (fumble recoveries are basically 95% luck).

Like I said though, not many teams win @SD down 8 with 6 minutes left just because they get "2nd life" in their territory.

As a random footnote, Deion Branch probably made the sickest "heady" play by a WR I've ever seen in KC this year: he strips the DB has he's falling out of bounds and taps his feet before his upper body touched the chalk. It was like "that guy's still a Patriot".

Except, of course, nothing that the Patriots did forced Marlon McCree to do something that is told to you on day one, practice one, when you are EIGHT YEARS OLD! Unless, of course, you actually believe that the Patriots are so good, and demoralize their opponent so much, that they actually force teams into forgetting the basic tenets of the game. Troy Brown should never ever ever ever ever ever have been in a position to strip the ball on that play. The defensive player is supposed to just knock the ball down 1000 out of 1000 times on that play. Intercepting that ball is actually a BAD play. he would actually been better off trying to bite the ball than trying to catch it.

Exactly my point. They did not get the 3and out defensive stop. Samuel was clearly holding on the 3rd down play, yet no flag was thrown. The Pats do not win in all likelihood without this "assist" from the officials. This was not a mirage. A very unbiased announcer, Dick Enberg (who's broadcast I had on the radio because I could not stand to listen to Nantz and Simms) caught it as well. After the play he said "usually holding the jersey like that would be an automatic penalty, but not today". Some media types see the bias as well as fans.

i dont expect much from the media and nothing they do really surprises or affects me.

It's like people having sex with monkies.