Buffalo Bills Trivia...

83evans83

Ok, Lori, you'll probably get this but who was the first player ever drafted by the Buffalo Bills to make the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Sounds like a trick question. Earliest player drafted who actually played for the Bills would be Shaw, in 1961... but that's not what you asked, is it? You're thinking of either Simpson (who made it into the Hall 14 years before Billy) or an early-60s pick who played for someone else. And if it's the latter, I'm not going to get it without a trip to the media guide. (Just so happens I'm doing some work out of the HoF guide right now, so I'll leave the floor open. Damn. That WAS nasty.)

For that matter, nobody's answered your FIRST question, either...

ADD: I'll up the ante on this one. Anyone gets the right answer to Kelly's draft question, I'll buy 'em a round at next season's home opener. They'll deserve it.

2nd ADD: Even nastier than I originally thought. You da man.... err, Dog, Kelly...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a trick question. Earliest player drafted who actually played for the Bills would be Shaw, in 1961... but that's not what you asked, is it? You're thinking of either Simpson (who made it into the Hall 14 years before Billy) or an early-60s pick who played for someone else. And if it's the latter, I'm not going to get it without a trip to the media guide. (Just so happens I'm doing some work out of the HoF guide right now, so I'll leave the floor open. Damn. That WAS nasty.)

For that matter, nobody's answered your FIRST question, either...

ADD: I'll up the ante on this one. Anyone gets the right answer to Kelly's draft question, I'll buy 'em a round at next season's home opener. They'll deserve it.

I'll give you a hint: You're not really close, and your media guide may not even help. But that hint might.

Ok, Lori, you'll probably get this but who was the first player ever drafted by the Buffalo Bills to make the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

If it is not Billy Shaw ... I can not imagine who it would be I even checked rosters for

- Tonawanda Kardex

- Buffalo All-Americans

- Buffalo Bisons

- Buffalo Rangers

Im itchin to post my two...I win plenty of drinks with these....DQ me but answer for fun.

Who scored the first points for the Bills in Superbowl XXV

How many Heisman trophy winners have the Bills drafted? Who are they?

If it is not Billy Shaw ... I can not imagine who it would be I even checked rosters for

- Tonawanda Kardex

- Buffalo All-Americans

- Buffalo Bisons

- Buffalo Rangers

Im itchin to post my two...I win plenty of drinks with these....DQ me but answer for fun.

Who scored the first points for the Bills in Superbowl XXV

How many Heisman trophy winners have the Bills drafted? Who are they?

I thin Scott Norwood scored the first points on a FG. The first TD was by Don Smith a backup RB

I have no idea on the Heisman. O.J. of course. I think they may have drafted Terry Baker from Oregon St., a QB but there may have been others before the COMMON draft. Good questions !!

I thin Scott Norwood scored the first points on a FG. The first TD was by Don Smith a backup RB

I have no idea on the Heisman. O.J. of course. I think they may have drafted Terry Baker from Oregon St., a QB but there may have been others before the COMMON draft. Good questions !!

Didn't the Bills draft Ernie Davis?

2nd ADD: Even nastier than I originally thought. You da man.... err, Dog, Kelly...

Art Donovan?

1st pick = some bum TE whose name i don't remember

2nd pick = some QB outta Miami named Jim Somethingerother :pirate:. Got the pick directly from trading Cousineu (sp?) to the Browns. Read an article a couple years ago that we indirectly got the pick from the OJ to SF trade, thru a series of trades across a couple years

Tony Hunter from ND

Yup, we drafted Tom C with the pick we got from the OJ trade. We trade Tom C to Cleveland for the pick we used to get Kelly. Therefore trading OJ indirectly lead us to drafting Kelly. Not bad.

I don't have the answer to this, and I never heard anyone explain why...but in the 1960's Bills logo, there is a player and a buffalo behind him (too lazy to look for it on google, but old-timers know what it looks like).

Anywho, the player wears number 31...and for the longest time, no player was issued number 31 until it went to J.D. Williams in the '90s (right?)...but I've never heard why the player in the logo wore number 31, and why that number was so special (sorta like the Rolling Rock "33" mystery).

Lori, Rockpile, anybody, HELP!!!

I don't have the answer to this, and I never heard anyone explain why...but in the 1960's Bills logo, there is a player and a buffalo behind him (too lazy to look for it on google, but old-timers know what it looks like).

Anywho, the player wears number 31...and for the longest time, no player was issued number 31 until it went to J.D. Williams in the '90s (right?)...but I've never heard why the player in the logo wore number 31, and why that number was so special (sorta like the Rolling Rock "33" mystery).

Bills Logos

Lennox Gordon also wore 31.

We have a winner! Nice one. Artie baby was the first. Drafted by the Colts in 1950 but also by the Buffalo Bills of the AAFC that same year.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=58

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/general/draft/year.jsp

Woohoo!

If it was the current edition of the Bills, I was thinking Larry Wilson or Carl Eller.

Woohoo!

If it was the current edition of the Bills, I was thinking Larry Wilson or Carl Eller.

Larry Wilson.

Then Shaw, Eller, and, surprisingly, Paul Warfield.

At least that is the order of the draft.

The order of their induction is Wilson, Warfield, Shaw, Eller.

Although OJ was inducted after Warfield and before Shaw.