Sign Nate, dump Willis.

If we can't afford Nate Clements with 35 million in cap room, who can? Just sign him. I guess we should let London go back to St. Louis. I'll miss his downfield tackling.

Willis can go. He's a thug. I've never liked the guy. He's a friggin' thug. How can you possibly ask for a renegotiation when you couldn't come up with 33 yards to get 1000? He's not a character guy. We'll get a 3rd for him. He's only had one breakaway run in 3 years. Lose him.

I don't think we're far away from the playoffs. Let Marv build us up.

Willis can go. He's a thug. I've never liked the guy. He's a friggin' thug. How can you possibly ask for a renegotiation when you couldn't come up with 33 yards to get 1000? He's not a character guy. We'll get a 3rd for him. He's only had one breakaway run in 3 years. Lose him.

Ok First I would like an example of Willis's "Thuggery" arrest sheets, times suspended by a team or league. Anything that would define in the english dictionary the definition of the word Thug as a "a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer. "

I have no problem with not liking a player because he lacks the production you look for. Although I dont care what rb you get in here to replace him if we trot out the same line again next year we wont be making the playoffs next year either. Our offense was lousy across the board, points scored, passing yards, rushing yards, 3rd down conversions, pts per game. Total Points scored. To call out anyone for lack of proudction is not something to be argued. Making someone out to be a "thug" because of it is not the way to go about it. :rolleyes:

yeah, im all for not extending willis and seeing what happens next year (possibly trading him soon). but he's never done anything thats gotten him in trouble with the law. he hasnt been a problem in the locker room, if anything i think he and lee and jp and the rest of the "kids" click pretty well together. ok, he knocked up a few girls. not model citizen actions exactly, but hes providing for them. hes not running away from child suport charges

he hasnt asked to renegotiate (yet).

im not making excuses for him. i hate how he dances behind the line and doesnt hit the hole. i hate that he stopped finishing runs. but a lot of the arguments against him around here come off as borderline racism, yeah i said it.

We need to upgrade the OL before kicking Willis to the curb. LT and Emitt Smith were/are the beneficiaries of great OL's. Listen to any LT interview and the first thing he says he couldn't do anything without the great blocking of the OL.

Most of the time you see his runs with no one touching him.

When is the last time you saw Willis running with a LB or DT hanging on him ? Anytime I've seen Willis get good blocking a good run followed.

If we can't afford Nate Clements with 35 million in cap room, who can? Just sign him. I guess we should let London go back to St. Louis. I'll miss his downfield tackling.

Cuz the guy has kids... c'mon, let the man be. He probably has just as much sex as the rest of us, just women see dollar signs when they miss their pregnancy.

yeah, willis sucks, hes not LT or Alexander. Get rid of him, he is the worse RB ever. We could get a 3rd for him :blink::thumbsup:

As it has been stated many times, we have enough cap room to pay Nate, but do we have enough actual money to pay him? We can't pay him in Cap space, we have to pay him in $$$'s. The Cap room also doesn't indicate how much actual money Ralph has to spend on the team. Maybe if a couple more games would have sold out Ralph could have had a couple extra bucks to throw Nates way, but its all Ralphs fault

Im torn when it comes to McGahee. I like him then I dont. I like him then I dont. Its weird. I do know that he didnt give a 100% effort in the Ravens game and that disapoints me.

However, if Buffalo was to get another RB thats very capable of winning the starting RB job, I think we see a different Willis McGahee on the field...

Im torn when it comes to McGahee. I like him then I dont. I like him then I dont. Its weird. I do know that he didnt give a 100% effort in the Ravens game and that disapoints me.

However, if Buffalo was to get another RB thats very capable of winning the starting RB job, I think we see a different Willis McGahee on the field...

May be we should be thankful to Mcgahee that he did not rush for 100 yards and won that game against the Ravens giving us the 19th pick rather than the 12th pick in the draft.....We already were killed by the Ravens 3 drafts ago, when we could have got Big Ben if the Ravens hadn't beat up the Steelers in a meaningless season finale. We ended up forking an extra 2nd round pick to get our WR and QB in that draft.

May be we should be thankful to Mcgahee that he did not rush for 100 yards and won that game against the Ravens giving us the 19th pick rather than the 12th pick in the draft.....We already were killed by the Ravens 3 drafts ago, when we could have got Big Ben if the Ravens hadn't beat up the Steelers in a meaningless season finale. We ended up forking an extra 2nd round pick to get our WR and QB in that draft.

Um.......ok.

Ok First I would like an example of Willis's "Thuggery" arrest sheets, times suspended by a team or league. Anything that would define in the english dictionary the definition of the word Thug as a "a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer. "

blah blah blah blah blah, he's a thug and if you can't tell then you are not using your eyes and brain

he's a thug, 3 kids, 3 different mothers? you don't think he's a thug, get real.

yeah that was a horrible draft

we ended up with the 11th rated QB in the NFL this year

we ended up with the #6 WR this year

those first two picks are NFL superstars

blah blah blah blah blah, he's a thug and if you can't tell then you are not using your eyes and brain

he's a thug, 3 kids, 3 different mothers? you don't think he's a thug, get real.

I know a guy who has 3 kids with 3 different moms.....this guy would help out a stranger in need in a heartbeat! And by far NOT a thug at all!

Being a thug, means getting into trouble with the law, drugs, ect...

Thugs = 50 Cent, Eminem, DMX....ect. Those are thugs.

Willis having 3 kids with 3 different women dont make him a thug. Im sure he takes care of the kids!

thug (tbd definition): "Underacheiving African American Athlete"

exactly.

its easy to sit back and judge someone else's lifestyle. but its his life and his choices and he has the resources to make it work if he wants to.

he has had no trouble with the law, or even team rules.

the entire "thug" argument is pretty ignorant.

exactly.

its easy to sit back and judge someone else's lifestyle. but its his life and his choices and he has the resources to make it work if he wants to.

he has had no trouble with the law, or even team rules.

the entire "thug" argument is pretty ignorant.

I agree, he's not a thug. Being a parent is a huge responsibility and he's doing it the wrong way asking his kids to grow up in broken families and homes. He's a selfish idiot when it comes to that. His lifestyle however, has to be a big distraction to a successful football career. What's more troubling is that he is likely applying the same poor decision making, immaturity and poor judgement to his football career that he applies off the field. This might explain him not participating in off-season activities and the inconsistent effort he shows from one game to the next, and maybe he does not prepare well for games.

Mostly he's hurting himself. He has a poor public image and he has people (women) taking avantage of him. He has a jackass for an agent. He's coming off a so-so year football-wise. He doesn't attend the optional off-season workouts like most of his teamates. He has said publically on TV that he really doesn't care about football. All of these are factors for him in his quest for a new contract. I think the Bills will tell him to play out this year with no new deal and I expect he and his agent will not handle that very well.

He does not conduct himself like a bright, talented and determined person with the exception of rebounding from injuries. I think the Bills can do better both on and off the field with a different RB and I would expect '07 to be his last year with the Bills. Guys do grow though, and there is still time for Willis to get his act together.

I agree, he's not a thug. Being a parent is a huge responsibility and he's doing it the wrong way asking his kids to grow up in broken families and homes. He's a selfish idiot when it comes to that. His lifestyle however, has to be a big distraction to a successful football career. What's more troubling is that he is likely applying the same poor decision making, immaturity and poor judgement to his football career that he applies off the field. This might explain him not participating in off-season activities and the inconsistent effort he shows from one game to the next, and maybe he does not prepare well for games.

Mostly he's hurting himself. He has a poor public image and he has people (women) taking avantage of him. He has a jackass for an agent. He's coming off a so-so year football-wise. He doesn't attend the optional off-season workouts like most of his teamates. He has said publically on TV that he really doesn't care about football. All of these are factors for him in his quest for a new contract. I think the Bills will tell him to play out this year with no new deal and I expect he and his agent will not handle that very well.

He does not conduct himself like a bright, talented and determined person with the exception of rebounding from injuries. I think the Bills can do better both on and off the field with a different RB and I would expect '07 to be his last year with the Bills. Guys do grow though, and there is still time for Willis to get his act together.

i can completely agree with this post. very well put.

You must not get out much. You are the one who needs to "get real" :thumbsup:

Can't agreed entirely on this. Willis a thug? That doesn't seem right. I like Willis. He seems like a nice guy.