Sabans Gone!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

look at another good aspect of all this...Saban didn't let his assistants talk to the media. If retained, we get to hear the Miami media rip MM a new one after games this season.

But, honestly, what would MM have said - if allowed to speak to the media?

I can hear it...

"Ummm, uhhh, we'll have to, you know, look at the film..."

This guy was a joke from day one and I don't understand where he got his superior reputation from? The way he handled this entire situation tells me all I need to know about this guy! Any NFL GM that considers an elite College Coach should get fired for making the suggestion. Great college coaches are control freaks that can't deal in environments where "change" is the only constant. Programs like Alabama, USC, Miami, Florida etc. are programs loaded with latent corruption thanks to die hard alumni that grease anybody affiliated with the football team. Every year these teams are guaranteed to have 8 or 9 wins and a boat load of star recruits that are forced to listen to the old ball coach for 3 years before they are eligible to leave, a perfect environment for the Nick Saban’s of the world.

It will be very interesting to see how Nick's suck-up boys at ESPN spin this story; Last year John Clayton basically called the Bill's a basket case for doing what they did, let's see what his kind has to say now about the real AFC basket case east of Oakland!

Arizona fans, be very careful about the sexy Pete Carroll, as a matter fact, break out some old tape of his NE and Jet days before taking the plunge.

Because their recent track record's been SOOOO good, right?

:thumbsup:

They haven't picked a good coach since Shula left, but the fact remains while Nicky was there the Fish would not and could not bring in a good coach. They now, unfortunately, have a possibility of doing so. Although personally, I'm hoping for them going off the board and picking Rich Kotite. 3rd time's gotta be the charm. Right? :):lol:;)

I hope it isn't Bill Cowher, he could make winners out of them.

Cowher is contemplating moving on for two reasons......One is to be with his family in North Carolina (His wife and last daughter moved down to N. Carolina this school year). Second, he wants to be one of the highest paid coaches in the NFL having won a SB. He wants close to the 8M a year Mike Holmgren is earning in Seattle (Even though Holmgren got that money to be both coach and GM). The Steelers are not willing to give that kind of money to coaches.

If he really wants to be with his family, he is not going to move down to Miami.

Is Wayne Heizenga committed to paying 8M a year to Bill Cowher ?

Cowher has enjoyed coaching a team in a football town where they talk/breathe Steelers.....I am not sure if he would get that kind of support in Miami.

Cowher is contemplating moving on for two reasons......One is to be with his family in North Carolina (His wife and last daughter moved down to N. Carolina this school year). Second, he wants to be one of the highest paid coaches in the NFL having won a SB. He wants close to the 8M a year Mike Holmgren is earning in Seattle (Even though Holmgren got that money to be both coach and GM). The Steelers are not willing to give that kind of money to coaches.

If he really wants to be with his family, he is not going to move down to Miami.

Is Wayne Heizenga committed to paying 8M a year to Bill Cowher ?

Cowher has enjoyed coaching a team in a football town where they talk/breathe Steelers.....I am not sure if he would get that kind of support in Miami.

Dom Capers is decent. The Texans are just a dysfunctional club. Their prev GM Casserly made some bad decisions. That being said if Capers gets the HC job, if he doesn't find a good OC, he's toast.

C

Dom Capers is decent. The Texans are just a dysfunctional club. Their prev GM Casserly made some bad decisions. That being said if Capers gets the HC job, if he doesn't find a good OC, he's toast.

C

I think the Dolphins have a few question marks on their offense starting with the QB position. However, they do have quite a bit of talent on that side in Ronnie Brown, Chris Chambers, Wes Welker and McMichael. They need to fix their OL and address the QB situation and they are not that far off.

The one thing that might be working against the Dolphins is that their defense is quite old and might require a youth movement.

Theres a rumor that some idiot started over at the Fishy's site that says the Dolphins contacted Bob Stoops.

Oh how I'd love for that to be true.

The Dolphins like the Cowboys/Redskins and Giants have always been associated with high profile college coaches for HC jobs.

Theres a rumor that some idiot started over at the Fishy's site that says the Dolphins contacted Bob Stoops.

Oh how I'd love for that to be true.

No way he leaves Norman for Miami, althogh that sounds weird to type,but he has already said that he loves it there and would not uproot the family. Miami will go after ahigh profile assistant like Kiffin, or the D-coord from the eagles whos name I cant remember right now.

Miami will go after ahigh profile assistant like Kiffin, or the D-coord from the eagles whos name I cant remember right now.

His name is Tim Thomas.

I think there are some good assistants again this year who will be HCs. Chicagos Ron Rivera, Pittsburghs Ken Wisenhunt, and San Diegos Cam Cameroon will be in the hunt for HC vacancies.

Because their recent track record's been SOOOO good, right?

:rolleyes:

As I posted at Finheaven.com: It seems like only last week that Dan Marino was named the GM. Which would mean it would seem like only yesterday that he quit the same position. :lol:

You should see those 'tards at that site. I'm usually not one for excessively busting nuts, but those guys make BF sound like a brain surgeon.

"Can we lure Charlie Weiss away from Notre Dame?"

"Hire Don Strock!"

"Dan Marino should be in charge of picking our next quarterback!"

"Pete Prisco is reporting that Saban was a control freak and his coaches hated him and the whole organization wanted him gone...so this is a good thing!!!"

Freaking fish fans.

Yup, LA -- just reading the thread titles over there is worth the price of admission...

:rolleyes:

You'll probably enjoy Dan Le Ba$tard's rip job in the Herald, too:

Saban leaves as a loser, weasel

The punctuation on the Nick Saban Error is greasy and greedy. You know what he was as Dolphins coach? A failure. A loser. A gasbag. And one of the worst investments Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga has ever made. He was less of a success than Dave Wannstedt and more of a traitor than Ricky Williams. There has been very little in franchise history that came with more expectations and fewer results than this hypocrite who at the end avoided the hard questions one last time.

Talk like a warrior. Behave like a weasel.