Very Good Read about Greggo

plenzmd1

Two things about this article. Actually talks quite a bit about his experience in Buffalo. TD chimes in and says he gets a mulligan for his years in Buffalo due to Salary Cap restraints. Guess that means TD gets a mulligan too, self serving, whiny little biatch that TD.

Second, why cant Wilson or Gaughan do pieces like this? I mean, they to packed covering some other sport?

Anyway, I know you need a registration so please go here first.

www.bugmenot.com

Article here

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7010201192.html

Two things about this article. Actually talks quite a bit about his experience in Buffalo. TD chimes in and says he gets a mulligan for his years in Buffalo due to Salary Cap restraints. Guess that means TD gets a mulligan too, self serving, whiny little biatch that TD.

Second, why cant Wilson or Gaughan do pieces like this? I mean, they to packed covering some other sport?

Anyway, I know you need a registration so please go here first.

www.bugmenot.com

Article here

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7010201192.html

Wow, good stuff.

The reason Wilson and Gaughan can't do pieces like that is the reason they work at the Buffalo News and not the Washington Post.

http://www.theredzone.org/getheadline.asp?indo=204966

Buffalo featured on page 4

Buffalo sports radio reported that he was drunk and fell in to a pool? I don't remember that! Anyone?

Hammered just started another thread bout this, but do not know how to merge. BTW, I to do not remeber anything about that, and think i will emial Laconforra to say that was BS unless we can substantiate it here, or by my googling it.

Hammered just started another thread bout this, but do not know how to merge. BTW, I to do not remeber anything about that, and think i will emial Laconforra to say that was BS unless we can substantiate it here, or by my googling it.

Sorry about that. There use to be a delete thread feature.......

The reason Wilson and Gaughan can't do pieces like that is the reason they work at the Buffalo News and not the Washington Post.

:thumbsup::):lol:

I dunno, seems to me about the same prestige working at either ;)

Anyway, hammered saw this article too, and questioned the piece about it being reported that ole Gregg got liqured up at a neighbors party. Any body remember this?

:thumbsup::):lol:

I dunno, seems to me about the same prestige working at either ;)

Anyway, hammered saw this article too, and questioned the piece about it being reported that ole Gregg got liqured up at a neighbors party. Any body remember this?

In his hand, he said, he held a can of beer from which he insisted he took no more than about two sips. He stayed for close to three hours, never leaving the corner. Nonetheless, two days later on sports radio, he said, it was reported that he was drunk, embarrassed himself, got into a fight with his wife and fell into a nearby pond.

I don't remember this at all. Was this a WGR thing? I'm sure we would have went nuts here if this was reported.

Sorry about that. There use to be a delete thread feature.......

still is...bottom left under moderator options (not that I'm implying that it should be deleted, just passing on info which is pointless now that someone with super powers has merged the threads :thumbsup: )

I don't remember this at all. Was this a WGR thing? I'm sure we would have went nuts here if this was reported.

I've never heard about this at all. I strongly suspect that if it actually happened, it would have been all over the wall at the time. Smells like absolute BS to me ..

Great Read, thanks! You are right, why can't the Buffalo News and R&D produce these insightful reads, I can't believe the number of people the writer tracked down for the article? TD's quote was very self serving as usual, he should have mentioned draft Mike Williams, running off a better running back, and all the other bad decisions those two made as well.

there is no way this could have occurred without it being all over this board. I mean, I still hear fictitious stories about certain former players who got drunk, beat up their wives, etc., years or even decades after their playing days. If this had been floating around about a head coach, someone here would have a memory of it.

Williams comes off as a bigger jerk than ever to me in that article. Who, that is not an arrogant ass, makes a distinct point in a Washington Post article to show how he does not show his awards in his office. I bet you he tells everyone that he doesn't keep his awards in his office to show he's not an arrogant ass. Which makes him a bigger ass.

Who, that is not an arrogant ass, makes a distinct point in a Washington Post article to show how he does not show his awards in his office.

Probably the same person who makes up a story about getting drunk, hitting his wife and then falling into a pond.

(And btw, for the memory challenged, Buffalo News did run the same story. It ran when Greggo was hired)

Probably the same person who makes up a story about getting drunk, hitting his wife and then falling into a pond.

(And btw, for the memory challenged, Buffalo News did run the same story. It ran when Greggo was hired)

which same story - the drunken one or the no medals in the office one?

Someone should have run a 'no brains in the head story' which would have saved TD, Ralph, and the rest of us a lot of grief.

As said I hold a grudge....

Read the article and it is nothing but a fluff piece defending the 31st ranked defensive coordinator.

As for TD and his self-serving comments, heard them before.

How about hiring an image consultant GW (a job I think more and more suits me when I hear players and coaches answer questions) :thumbsup: and say to the Buffalo News or whoever is listening that "I did not drink that evening as I was with a number of very excited Bills fan and we spent 3 hours discussing Buffalo, the team and the future and am incredibly lucky to have this opportunity in a football mad town to coach a team with a great history and a number of pieces going forward".

Boy that would have been tough, as opposed to his position, which was to deride the media, fans and thumb his nose at the city and the fans......

How many teams are interested in hiring the coordinator of the 31st ranked defense to be Head Coach when they would have to pay him top 10 money (he's earning about $2,500,000 I think)? Are these the same teams waiting to call Art Shell if he is fired by Oakland?

Oh, the story that people are upset that Buff News hasn't run on the inner workings of Greggo's mind, his early setbacks which led to career inspirations, the long detailed notebooks on assistant coaches, the way his players love playing for him, the man love for all things Buddy Ryan, the meticulous preparation. The only thing that was missing was the mention of the Melvin nickname.