How long do you hold a grudge????

AnthonyF

they did have a pretty good pass rush - i'll give them that. however, i don't think it's arguable that their defense was better than miami's in 98, which was very, very good.

John Elway apparently didn't think so! :thumbsup:

Oh I forgot that one where he threw for 350 yards and lost on a fumble at the 3 yard line.... How about Moulds being caught from behind on what should have been an 80 yard TD and fumbling the first or secod play of the game.

I forget, refresh my memory, didn't the defense play their greatest game that day (much like the Tennessee playoff game) ??? :thumbsup:

Yup it was all Fluties fault.....

He committed three turnovers in that game, not one. Two fumbles, one interception. I think he even fumbled one more time that the Bills recovered. I'm not blaming him solely for that loss, simply pointing out that he was hardly infallible in his own playoff appearance and that his turnovers did partially contribute to the Bills demise.

I was pointing out the major fumble on the last play of the game.... I know he was inconsistant that day and he made mistakes. However for anyone to bring it up and try and compare to the RJ debacle in Tennessee is laughable....

Sorry to return to the subject but as the post states it still bothers me the Tennessee game.

How many of you still are upset at "Wide Right" or "No Goal"?

I agree, Flutie most certainly would have won that game, much like he won the playoff game against Miami the previous year.

Oh wait...

I'll always remember Flutie for that fumble and for being the guy who ended Thurman's career as a Bill with that "look out" pass in the flat.

I was pointing out the major fumble on the last play of the game.... I know he was inconsistant that day and he made mistakes. However for anyone to bring it up and try and compare to the RJ debacle in Tennessee is laughable....

Sorry to return to the subject but as the post states it still bothers me the Tennessee game.

How many of you still are upset at "Wide Right" or "No Goal"?

The Bills lost both games and both Qbs did their share to contribute to those losses. In my opinion, the two situations are very comparable.

The Bills lost both games and both Qbs did their share to contribute to those losses. In my opinion, the two situations are very comparable.

First Half Stats for RJ..... 2 fumbles, 5 sacks & a safety.... Oh yea 30 yards passing..... and a more then competent QB who started 15 games with some success on the sidelines.

Those games do not compare at all. RJ should have been out midway through the second quarter at the latest.

There was plenty of blame to go around the Miami game (defense, Moulds' fumble, Flutie...). Prior to Homerun Throwback RJ was solely to blame for the lack of production......

I go back to this over and over as it set in motion some of the problems the ensuing 6 years.... RJ named starter and again stinking and getting injured. GW & TD choosing RJ over DF and then not preparing by grooming a backup (like SD did with a qb by the name of Brees) and eventually giving up on RJ getting Bledsoe who just did enough to get us nowhere.....

That is why this has festered so many years and only now do we see a glimmer of hope.....

I guess the league should have awarded the Bills a win since Flutie threw for 360 yards that day.

I do not care about the statistics of a playoff game. All the stats in the world don't help if you can't hold onto the ball. The Bills lost both games because of mistakes and turnovers by both QBs, as well as other players. 0-2 is all that will be remembered and is all that matters.

How long do I hold grudges? I don't know let me think

I will turn 25 in June, and I'm still kinda pissed the doctor slapped me in the ass when I was born, so I guess 24 1/2 years and counting.

As for the RJ/Flutie debate, they both sucked and they both weren't the answer, now get over it. Flutie was overrated and too old to be the Bills choice as the starter, he had no upside for them. And if he was such a great QB, why did it take him so long to come back to the NFL and how come he only started one more year in his career after Buffalo? RJ on the other hand never had a chance to be a decent QB cause he was always getting hurt from taking too many sacks. Its always hard to prove yourself as a starter when your riding the bench with a sling on or crutches.

Could Flutie have won that Tenessee playoff game, maybe (although he really seems to think so in hindsight) but he also didn't play special teams so I would lean closer to no since the game was lost on the final play of the game. But if you want to argue that Flutie could have won that game, I'm sure the same arguement could be made that RJ could have won the Miami game the year earlier.

Grudge? Hell, I've never forgiven Joel Collier for trading Darryl LaMonica and Glen Bass to Oakland for Tom Flores, and trading Cookie Gilchrist to Denver for Billy Joe (the fullback, not the singer.)

Ah, but Oakland also threw in 30 year-old 4-time All AFL wr Art Powell...who came off a 53 catch, 11 td performance with Oakland in 1966 to play a total of 6 games (!) for the 1967 Bills, with 20 catches and 4 td's...then he retired. :thumbsup: