One position that hasn't been talked about for this off season....

The Tomcat

I couldn't find the FA Fullback list....only RB's.

But with Shelton hurt (concussion - not good for a FB) is there a guy coming out (FA) that can be a Sam-Smash Blocker as well as a nice receiving threat?

Any suggestions?

I was going to post the same question....also I think Shelton himself is a UFA. Will we re-sign him or go get another full back or convert a Brad Cieslak to a TE/FB.

I found this....

Fullback

Alan Ricard - Solid blocking fullback but injuries have been a factor with him in the past. Tried out for a few teams recently.

Troy Fleming - He was a surprise release by Tennessee before the season started but still could start for a team.

Jamar Martin - Above average blocker at his position.

Jarrod Baxter - Decent blocker and can start if needed.

Harold Morrow - Good special teams player and backup fullback.

How about drafting a top talent FB?

I think drafting a Fullback is very difficult if you expect him to start right away. Picking up the blitz is huge and it takes a while for a rookie to get comfortable with doing that. I don't want to get JP killed by someone "learning" the position.

Nobody in this list sounds like an upgrade. Keep Shelton.

I found this....

Fullback

Alan Ricard - Solid blocking fullback but injuries have been a factor with him in the past. Tried out for a few teams recently.

Troy Fleming - He was a surprise release by Tennessee before the season started but still could start for a team.

Jamar Martin - Above average blocker at his position.

Jarrod Baxter - Decent blocker and can start if needed.

Harold Morrow - Good special teams player and backup fullback.

I think Justin Griffith would look good in a Bills uni. He would be my choice of the FA FB's. Drafting one would be a tough call. Brian Leonard is out there for the draft, but I still wonder how he would hold up as a blocker in the NFL. He's done a quality job opening holes for Ray Rice this year, but the NFL has alot better athletes on defense than does the Big East. It still is a position of need for our team.

Leonard is a great prospect and is projected to be a late 1st-early 2nd rounder.....another name to remember is B.J.Askew from the Jests, who also is a good special teamer....

You could put pads on a Rhino, call it a fullback and he still wouldn't get drafted in the first round. I think Leonard will go Day 1 but late 1st-early 2nd is a stretch.

You could put pads on a Rhino, call it a fullback and he still wouldn't get drafted in the first round. I think Leonard will go Day 1 but late 1st-early 2nd is a stretch.

Joe Delamielleure loves this guy and says Buffalo should draft him. He will probably go in the 3rd round simply because he is a "tweener." Here is what Ourlads has to say about him:

"The superman of Rutgers is fullback Brian Leonard. He is what one would call a complete “BEAST.” It is possible that Leonard could revolutionize the fullback position in the NFL, as he is one of the best fullback prospects ever. He can block, run hard and catch the ball out of the backfield. He has the athleticism to literally leap over defenders and the power to run over them."

Speaking of leaping over defenders, check out this run against Illinois:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXJRmKMHTsE

I could definitely see him in a Bills uniform.

Joe Delamielleure loves this guy and says Buffalo should draft him. He will probably go in the 3rd round simply because he is a "tweener." Here is what Ourlads has to say about him:

"The superman of Rutgers is fullback Brian Leonard. He is what one would call a complete “BEAST.” It is possible that Leonard could revolutionize the fullback position in the NFL, as he is one of the best fullback prospects ever. He can block, run hard and catch the ball out of the backfield. He has the athleticism to literally leap over defenders and the power to run over them."

Speaking of leaping over defenders, check out this run against Illinois:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXJRmKMHTsE

I could definitely see him in a Bills uniform.

I remember watching that live.....pretty sweet

Normally I would agree, and I do agree about round 1, but I could see him going in round 2. More likely early 3rd round, but 2 wouldn't surprise me at all. He can be used as a fullback and 3rd down/change of pace back. With more and more teams wanting to have two solid RB's on the roster, Leonard could be the exception to the FB rule.

People on this board really have to learn what positions are worth spending money on and which ones are not. Lets get a guard!

Lets get a safety! Lets get a FB! Lets get a centre! It is far more important to upgrade these positions than DT or getting a CB if Nate leaves.

Shelton needs to go regardless. He contributed to a couple of losses early in the season by missing blitzes and dropping easy passes. I have thought since maybe week four that he is the weakest link among the veteran starters.