The Rosenhaus / Levy Poker Game has started

Kipers Hair

This should be entertaining - Drew R seems to think Willis has been one of the better RB's in the NFL the past 3 years. There is a reference to Edgerinne James type money...Not on your life.

Willis is a capable NFL running back, but the facts remain - No Pro Bowls, Never lead the lead in rushing, TD production low compared ot the elite backs of the league. Willis does deserve a new contract - I think money commensurate with a Rudy Johnson or maybe Thomas Jones...but not James, Tomlinson, Portis or Johnson money.

This will be entertaining to watch...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061...?tbd1004494.asp

Rosenhaus setting the stage for renegotiation, holdout. Unless he's turned over a new leaf, this could be ugly.

Allen Wilson starts the article with a statement that Willis has been one of the top backs in the league. Who is he crappin'?

Thanks for posting that!! The writing is now on the wall..hopefully it works out for US!!!!!!

The one thing about Rosenhaus is that he does not usually hold clients out as a negotiating ploy. He is full of bluster but his clients are always there on opening day. If the numbers are reasonable, extend Willis this year. If not, pay him his salary for 2007 and then let him have a monster season next year. Then franchise him for a year and draft his replacement in the 2008 draft, which is supposed to be replete with good runners.

The Bills have the leverage here and should use it.

Rosenhaus setting the stage for renegotiation, holdout. Unless he's turned over a new leaf, this could be ugly.

Allen Wilson starts the article with a statement that Willis has been one of the top backs in the league. Who is he crappin'?

Rosenhaus' clients have a history of getting to camp on time and not holding out. He's doing what a good agent should do. Regardless of what you think of Willis, you can't argue that he's been productive.

McGahee is one of the top backs in the League when he wants to be. He comes out of the game way too much and only runs his hardest when motivated or challenged. He is not worth top 10 money. 5 years, $20m, with incentives.

Couldn't agree more. So he should have a good game against Baltimore so he can elevate his value, and then he'll be gone.

IMO, Willis has less than ideal leverage.

1000-yard backs, while not quite a dime-a-dozen, aren't hens teeth either. And WM doesn't strike me as a guy who's going to get better with age. I could easily see the new front office pulling a "Travis Henry" on him if his contract demands become unreasonable.

23rd in the league in yards. I don't mind a contract extension but it shouldn't be some huge jaw-dropping deal. 4 years, 12 million with a 3 million signing bonus would put him in the middle of the RB pack which is as good as he deserves. Maybe build in some incentives to make it a truly rich contract if he's half as good as he thinks he is. He hasn't shown that he deserves more than that.

This should be entertaining - Drew R seems to think Willis has been one of the better RB's in the NFL the past 3 years. There is a reference to Edgerinne James type money...Not on your life.

Willis is a capable NFL running back, but the facts remain - No Pro Bowls, Never lead the lead in rushing, TD production low compared ot the elite backs of the league. Willis does deserve a new contract - I think money commensurate with a Rudy Johnson or maybe Thomas Jones...but not James, Tomlinson, Portis or Johnson money.

This will be entertaining to watch...

:thumbsup:

What balls after watching Henry run up and down the field all day. My knock on McGahee- he runs hard when he wants to. At least should have waited to see whaat he does against a stout Ravens defense. Give me that fast little bast*rd from Jacksonville any day. Just my two cents, I'm sure the nickels and dimes will follow......

Question: What are 14, 10 and 23???

Answer: Willis's yardage ranking amongst NFL running backs that past 3 years.

I think calling Willis one of the best backs in the NFL is true only if you look at it from the point of view that he is one of the 32 best running backs in the NFL.

And enough of the O-line excuse, there are a number of backs ahead of him on the yardage list who play for TERRIBLE teams, with sub-par offensive line.

A player who's average yardage rank is 15th does not deserve a "superstar" level extension.

Question: What are 14, 10 and 23???

Answer: Willis's yardage ranking amongst NFL running backs that past 3 years.

I think calling Willis one of the best backs in the NFL is true only if you look at it from the point of view that he is one of the 32 best running backs in the NFL.

And enough of the O-line excuse, there are a number of backs ahead of him on the yardage list who play for TERRIBLE teams, with sub-par offensive line.

A player who's average yardage rank is 15th does not deserve a "superstar" level extension.

If Willis played against Indy and GB, two of the worst rushing defenses in the league this year, who knows where he would be? Just taking his season average of 74 yds per game (967/13 games) and adding that two times, he'd be at 1115 yards and 12th in the NFL.

Furthermore, look at the teams Willis has played against this year and their NFL ranking against the run:

Minnesota (1)

Jacksonville (3)

New England (5)

Chicago (6)

Miami (7)

San Diego (8)

*Baltimore (2)

That will comprise 9 of his 14 games.

I think McGahee is one of the top backs in the League when he wants to be. I think He comes out of the game way too much and only runs his hardest when motivated or challenged. I believe He is not worth top 10 money. 5 years, $20m, with incentives.

Fixed :thumbsup:

Willis is a very good back who's prove his toughness in addition to his talent this year. He won't get a monster deal, and I don't think he'd expect one, and in other news, Fletcher looks like he's ready to move on, so now it's time to make sure we nail down Clements and keep our rising team going in the right direction

One of the best back in the league? Where have I been the past 3 years? Willis has been mediocre at best here in Buffalo. Hes had one decent season, and for that he deserves top money? For real you gotta be kidding me.........

Hes the 23rd best RB in the NFL right now......that tells me there are 22 RB's in this league that are better.......to me, thats not worth top dollar like Willis thinks.

I dont know many RB's that are ranked 20th and beyond to hold out......

I agree in not breaking the bank for Willis either. I dont think that he is one of the best backs in the NFL, but I also think he could be. I would like to extend his deal, since him making below a million is a steal for us, but would like to see a ton of incentives in the new deal. We definitely need some depth behind him though.

I am shocked over this whole situation ...who would have had the foresight to see this one coming?? :thumbsup:

If Willis leaves (which I am sure will happen in the near future) hopefully he has a pleasant career in Arizona or Oakland.

Enough of the O-line excuse, there are a number of backs ahead of him on the yardage list who play for TERRIBLE teams, with sub-par offensive line.

I'd just like to add two points...

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me that Anthony Thomas had back to back 100yd games behind our sub par line. This leads me to my second point; I believe the article said something along the lines that he played through injuries. Of course he did, another 100yd game by the aging A-train, after Willis struggled to get them, would make it obvious that he is not the answer.

Then again maybe I am still just pissed about third and one, at the end of the half, against the Bolts. He catches a screen pass. All he has to do is fall forward for the first. If he does the Bills have the option of either trying for another score or sitting on the ball. Instead he dances around, loses yardage, and the Bolts end the half by scoring what amounted to the deciding points.

I will not question his talent, but he does not have brains and I am not so sure that he has heart either. Yes he did come back from a devastating injury but his main motivation appears to be money...

One of the best in the league? Please. :thumbsup: Willis! Let him play out the contract and prove he is one of the best. He hasn't shown me :lol:!!!