This Might Be An Unpopular Stance, But I Hope

Bill from NYC

on Sunday.

I hope to see a lot of Merz and Butler on the OL. Peters needs to sit. Evans could use a rest at WR. Go ahead, put in Davis, or even Aiken! Hargrove needs to see more time as well. We already know that AS can play. And how about Spikes sits this one out? He has worked hard to come back and more rest is clearly needed.

Most of all, I want to watch Nall at qb. He needs some snaps just in case.

This game vs. the Ravens means nothing. There is simply NO reason to risk injuries to our best players. Additionally, why NOT give a kid like Merz a chance to shine, or not play so well?

Imo the only thing we have to lose is our foundation due to needless risk.

Coach Jauron, put the kids and second stringers in the game! :thumbsup:

I was going to post the same thing. I couldnt agree more with you. May aswell see thats the kids got........cant hurt at this point and time!

But then again..if you start these young guys on the OL, I dont want the Ravens D teeing off on Losman. Id rather see Holcomb or even Nall get the start....

But then again..if you start these young guys on the OL, I dont want the Ravens D teeing off on Losman.  Id rather see Holcomb or even Nall get the start....

878290[/snapback]

We could very well see it this way, but I think the usual units will start and probably play the first half - maybe more. If the game is a blowout either way, I'd really like to see Nall get some reps.

The Ravens are still playing for a first-round bye (they just need a win to get it), so it's not like they'll be sitting everyone, either.

.....Coach Jauron, put the kids........in the game!  :thumbsup:

878289[/snapback]

Yeah....like Whitner, Simpson, Ellison, Williams, Pennington..... :thumbsup:

I'm just kidding, I think it can only be possitive giving the young guys some propper playing time....you never know when(& how) it's going to pay off. :thumbsup:

Im all for seeing the backups get more playing time. But on the other hand, we cant have our big time players on the field when the kids are out there. Especially the OL.....If we play the young guys on OL, you put the backup QB in there, not Losman, why risk it?

On the other hand id love to see the Bills show for the game and atleast play respectable!

JP has done a great job at keeping Nall on the pine, but I'd like to see him get a start, too. It would just be nice to see what the guy can do. Last thing we need is for JP (or another of our star players) to tear an ACL or something and end up missing a large chunk of next season. I say BRING ON THE SCRUBS!

The backups can wait until preseason IMO. Overall, we still have a very young and inexperienced group of starters trying to find their way in a new offensive and defensive system. I'd much rather see how these starters respond to last week's embarrassment against a legit Super Bowl contender. Besides, if someone important breaks a leg or something, they'll have all offseason to heal :thumbsup: .

Though one thing I'll agree with you on, Bill, is that Merz and/or Butler should get extensive action in this game...mainly because I've grown tired of Preston and would prefer to see some new looks at RG.

Youboty is the one guy in my mind who needs to see extensive playing time on Sunday. Not just in the nickel either. Get him out there in man coverage against a vet QB who knows how to pick on a rookie, and let's see what he's got.

Other than that, I want to see JP play coming off a tough loss against a top defense. Pats, Chargers, Bears, Colts...0-4 against 1st place teams...It would be nice to beat a top team to end the season...

Makes you wonder how Clements feels about this game. He's already proven his value and has only to wait for the big payday. Think he'll want to blow out a knee in a meaningless final game?

Play the kids? The Bills have been doing that most of the year anyways - just look at the defense with young players on the line, linebacker and in the secondary. And Davis and Aiken aren't kids - Davis has been with three NFL teams and is like a 3 or 4 year veteran in the league who runs really fast but has always had trouble catching the ball. ... I say they should play the usual crew and kick the snot out of the Ravens and that bastard Billick. :thumbsup:

I see your point, but I would go ahead full steam to try and beat the Ravens. Plenty of time to rest up in the offseason. 8-8 is a record to shoot for, and I think the more time this lineup plays together the better. Maybe I'd rest people who were really hurting, but if they're not hurt, I'd play them. The exception might be Spikes, who I think may not be long for this team. I'm not sure he's coming back enough to fit into our plans for next year and I'd like to see what our backup linebackers can do. I'm pulling for us to keep NC so I'd start him as well. I want a great football game against the Ravens.

I would like to see the Bills play all of their starters and win this game.

878358[/snapback]

I don't think they can win this game, even with all their starters playing. Baltimore is playing for a bye, has a great defense, and a ginormous running back. This could be uglier than the Bears game.

Better to sit your starters and let the kids play. The kids get experience, and the starters don't get to think all offseason about the azz-whooping they got on the last day of the season.

on Sunday.

I hope to see a lot of Merz and Butler on the OL. Peters needs to sit. Evans could use a rest at WR. Go ahead, put in Davis, or even Aiken! Hargrove needs to see more time as well. We already know that AS can play. And how about Spikes sits this one out? He has worked hard to come back and more rest is clearly needed.

This game vs. the Ravens means nothing. There is simply NO reason to risk injuries to our best players. Additionally, why NOT give a kid like Merz a chance to shine, or not play so well?

Coach Jauron, put the kids and second stringers in the game!  :thumbsup:

878289[/snapback]

I totally disagree. This game is very important. Our young team has made strides this season. While the playoff contention is gone, the competitive spirit and fight should absolutely not be. They need to see how our best stacks up with a team of Baltimore's caliber, the likes of which we haven't seen since week 5. Particularly with so much on the line for the Ravens. Playing anyone other than our starters would be a losers mentality. We're playing for the playoffs in 2007, and the small risk of injury should not take precedence over finishing strong in '06. :thumbsup:

on Sunday.

Coach Jauron, put the kids and second stringers in the game!  :thumbsup:

878289[/snapback]

Id be ok having him see how our depth is at reciever or linback or o line even but i would be absolutly shocked if DJ put in Nall or Holcomb, bc i think he knows that would statrt up a whole off season of questions, not worth to see what nall can do its called practice and preseason

I totally disagree. This game is very important. Our young team has made strides this season. While the playoff contention is gone, the competitive spirit and fight should absolutely not be. They need to see how our best stacks up with a team of Baltimore's caliber, the likes of which we haven't seen since week 5. Particularly with so much on the line for the Ravens. Playing anyone other than our starters would be a losers mentality. We're playing for the playoffs in 2007, and the small risk of injury should not take precedence over finishing strong in '06. :doh:

878389[/snapback]

Absolutely. We play to win this game. There is a reason those young guys aren't on the field...they're not ready yet.

These guys play football, Bill.  It's what they do.  Any player who'd be satisfied to sit out the last game for eight months, so they don't get hurt, doesn't deserve a roster spot.  Any coach who'd sit such a player doesn't deserve good players.

878627[/snapback]

Exactly. You don't sit football players who want to play and who are starters on your team.

You do that, your locker room is screwed and you've lost the respect of yur players.