Jets Win

Casey D

It's funny after how painful the loss on Sunday, it turns out it really did not matter from a playoff perspective. The Jets win last night would have effectively ended the Bills playoff chances even if they won against Tennessee, because it would have taken(at least) a Bills win against Baltimore, a DEN loss at home to SF, and a KC win over Jax, just to get the Bills into a position to get a tiebreaker.

So to paraphrase Bill Murray in Meatballs, "it just didn't matter."

Me2.  Since it didn't cost us a playoff spot, it let's you focus on all the good stuff that has happened over the past year, and think hopefully about 2007,

878247[/snapback]

What happens if BFLO beats Balt?... DEN loses and KC wins over JAX?

Remember JAX is A POOR ROAD TEAM!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stranger things have happened... Everything is not a done deal...

:thumbsup:

I was watching the jets game last night thinking the same thing. Kinda takes the sting out of the loss.

You know even though the jets are a Raiders victory from clinching a playoff I really think the bills are ahead of them going into 2007. We got our qb, watching Pennington a few times this year, I dont know how the jets win with him. He was hanging out his receivers all night last night. My thought on the jets are that after they get destroyed by NE, Balt or indy in the 1st round of the playoffs, Man Boobs is going to realize he isnt going to win anything with pennington(if he doesnt realize it already) & turn the reigns over to Clements. The jets will experience what we went thru in 2005. Hopefully the coaching staff botches this up as much as meathead did with us.

nah, we didnt do what we needed to do to make that game matter...no easier, but we did not take care of bidnet

It's funny after how painful the loss on Sunday, it turns out it really did not matter from a playoff perspective.  The Jets win last night would have effectively ended the Bills playoff chances even if they won against Tennessee, because it would have taken(at least) a Bills win against Baltimore, a DEN loss at home to SF, and a KC win over Jax, just to get the Bills into a position to get a tiebreaker. 

878241[/snapback]

nah, we didnt do what we needed to do to make that game matter...no easier, but we did not take care of bidnet

878262[/snapback]

Of course that is true--but if they remember how bad they felt on Sunday night, it will be a learning tool for 2007, i.e., finish the game when you can.

I was watching the jets game last night thinking the same thing.  Kinda takes the sting out of the loss.

You know even though the jets are a Raiders victory from clinching a playoff I really think the bills are ahead of them going into 2007.  We got our qb, watching Pennington a few times this year, I dont know how the jets win with him.  He was hanging out his receivers all night last night.  My thought on the jets are that after they get destroyed by NE, Balt or indy in the 1st round of the playoffs, Man Boobs is going to realize he isnt going to win anything with pennington(if he doesnt realize it already) & turn the reigns over to Clements.  The jets will experience what we went thru in 2005.  Hopefully the coaching staff botches this up as much as meathead did with us.

878260[/snapback]

Are you freaking kidding me? Talk about rose colored glasses. The Jets are so far ahead of the Bills it's not even funny. Yes Pennington struggles sometimes. He has alot of problems in the rain, but still found a way to win. I mean he did have 330+ yards last week indoors and almost always is around 65-70% completion. If JP did that this board would be happy as heck. The Jets also have a very good YOUNG coach. We have a retread in Jauron and a ridiculis geriatric GM and owner. The Jets also have an very good YOUNG offensive line, I won't go into what we have. They do need an everydown back, but they will address that with the draft of free agency. You see the Jets have money and will spend it on players. The Bills have cap room, but Ralph can't come up with the big signing bonus money like the big market teams. Also if the Bills do sign a free agent they will have to overpay because nobody want's to come to wetern NY. Last, but not least....In five years the Jets will still be playing in NJ, the Bills will be in CA, Canada or Mexico...but not in Buffalo. Yeah, the Bills are way ahead of the Jets...GET REAL FOLKS..THIS FRANCHISE WILL BE MEDIOCRE AT EBST UNTIL THEY LEAVE!!!!

Are you freaking kidding me? Talk about rose colored glasses. The Jets are so far ahead of the Bills it's not even funny. Yes Pennington struggles sometimes. He has alot of problems in the rain, but still found a way to win. I mean he did have 330+ yards last week indoors and almost always is around 65-70% completion. If JP did that this board would be happy as heck. The Jets also have a very good YOUNG coach. We have a retread in Jauron and a ridiculis geriatric GM and owner. The Jets also have an very good YOUNG offensive line, I won't go into what we have. They do need an everydown back, but they will address that with the draft of free agency. You see the Jets have money and will spend it on players. The Bills have cap room, but Ralph can't come up with the big signing bonus money like the big market teams. Also if the Bills do sign a free agent they will have to overpay because nobody want's to come to wetern NY. Last, but not least....In five years the Jets will still be playing in NJ, the Bills will be in CA, Canada or Mexico...but not in Buffalo. Yeah, the Bills are way ahead of the Jets...GET REAL FOLKS..THIS FRANCHISE WILL BE MEDIOCRE AT EBST UNTIL THEY LEAVE!!!!

878326[/snapback]

We just smoked the Jets on the road a couple weeks ago, and should've beat them early in the season....we dominated yet somehow lost. They are not far ahead of the Bills. If they were far ahead of the Bills, we would not have smoked them a couple weeks ago, in a game they clearly felt they needed to win.

The Jets were fortunate to a) get the Titans as the first game of the season (before Young became the starter and the team got hot), b) playing the Lions without Shaun Rogers, and c) getting to play Cleveland and Oakland rather than Chargers and Ravens.

And I'm not so broken-up over the loss. From the beginning it was apparent the run defense was crap and nothing changed. Fortunately it's an easy fix (in theory) and just needs a run-stopping DT. What we DO know though is we have our QB.

878326[/snapback]

Oh really?

878326[/snapback]

Jauron is a retread that made Mangini look like a 2nd class jv coach 3 weeks ago. I like what they have done to their line(I love Mangold), but I dont think they are farther ahead of us because I feel we have our QB set next year, they dont. They are very limited in what they can do with Pennington & if they fall behind by more then 7pts their done. As far as Ralph not doling out signing bonuses, I think I read somewhere that the bills were like 5th or 6th in the league last year in giving out signing bonuses. So lets just see how the offseason plays out before we jump off that bridge.

878326[/snapback]

I thought I heard the sound of regurgitation around here...

It's funny after how painful the loss on Sunday, it turns out it really did not matter from a playoff perspective.  The Jets win last night would have effectively ended the Bills playoff chances even if they won against Tennessee, because it would have taken(at least) a Bills win against Baltimore, a DEN loss at home to SF, and a KC win over Jax, just to get the Bills into a position to get a tiebreaker. 

878241[/snapback]

The loss was for the better as it further exposed our major weaknesses which will have to be addressed in the offseason. Great post and love the Meatballs reference.