The Jets better beat the Dolphins

Ozymandius

Gawd, if not tapping his toes cost us a playoff spot... that's just unforgivable.  I might murder him.

Go Jets!  Beat the Phags!

Go Broncos next week!

Make our loss to Tennessee irrelevant.  Pleeeaaaaase

877551[/snapback]

The only way I'll be happy now is that if other teams make it so that Buffalo couldn't have even made it into the playoffs with a win today.

Screw Royal!

The only way I'll be happy now is that if other teams make it so that Buffalo couldn't have even made it into the playoffs with a win today.

Screw Royal!

877629[/snapback]

Is it just the voices in my head or haven't all the recent super bowl champions had above average to great TEs? Pitt has a great young TE in Miller last year, even though his production is off this year. And the Pats have had at least one, sometimes two good TEs on their championship teams. The bills in their heyday had a borderline HOF TE in Pete Metzelaars. Royal isn't even in the same league as any of these guys. Compound that with the facts that we: 1) have a young QB who could really use a mobile, sure-handed TE as an outlet, and 2) we don't have a true 3rd down Reggie Bush/Kevin Faulk type of receiving tailback as a subsistute, and it really doesn't suprise me we are going to lose 9 games this year.

Go Jets...it will make our loss less heart breaking.

But forget the Royal bashing. Our pass blocking TE is not to be confused with Gonzalez or Gates. A drop would have been more painful, but not toe tapping like Roscoe and Price in recent weeks does not make him the goat. Please see the 215 yards rushing we gave up...

Is it just the voices in my head or haven't all the recent super bowl champions had above average to great TEs?  Pitt has a great young TE in Miller last year, even though his production is off this year.  And the Pats have had at least one, sometimes two good TEs on their championship teams.  The bills in their heyday had a borderline HOF TE in Pete Metzelaars.  Royal isn't even in the same league as any of these guys.  Compound that with the facts that we: 1) have a young QB who could really use a mobile, sure-handed TE as an outlet, and 2) we don't have a true 3rd down Reggie Bush/Kevin Faulk type of receiving tailback as a subsistute, and it really doesn't suprise me we are going to lose 9 games this year.

877634[/snapback]

Royal isn't supposed to be a HOF TE, he is a blocking TE who has played well except for a couple plays yesterday.

and only 9 loses this year is still and upgrade and a step in the right direction compared to the previous years and this being a young team with an all new GM, coaching staff and schemes

Read some of the predictions from the start of the year and you will find people who predicted a 7-9 or 8-8 season as idiots, or drinking too much "Kool-aid"

I put as much blame on Kelsay for trying to block a Titans player on one of Young's TD runs instead of keying on the ball and at least TRYING to make the tackle.

878060[/snapback]

:thumbsup:

this is really grasping. :thumbsup: you made me laugh! :thumbsup:

878084[/snapback]

I don't know about Kelsay in particulary, but there were so many bad plays by our defense (Young's TD scramble being one of them) that it is not grasping at all to lay blame there (more so than the Royal non-TD IMO). We folded like a paper bag in the 4th quarter when we desperately needed the stops. Too many times I've seen it this year, where we had a chance to win against good teams, and the opposing team just marches down the field on clock robbing drives for the TD. God I miss a run stuffing D so much. Ted, Pat, Sam, where are yea? Oh yeah, I forgot what we need is lighter quicker D lineman. That's working REAL well!

We would have been out anyways so i guess it didn't matter. I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays and we can get into off-season talk. I don't think i want any part of the last game of the season talks. I hope we play alot of A-Train because he did a good job and i can't wait til we throw a few deep balls to Evans as a good-bye.